Breaking: Daryl Williams signs 3 year extension

20 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wow. Great move. 

Let Feliciano walk or see if you can bring him back untraceable.

Just draft 4 front 7 defenders, a TE, and a DB that can return kicks

You might be mad. It looks like we are now in “luxury pick” status and I wouldn’t be super surprised if we go RB at 30.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, The Governor said:

You might be mad. It looks like we are now in “luxury pick” status and I wouldn’t be super surprised if we go RB at 30.

My offseason prediction had Harris drafted at 30. So yes I can see that happen.  

But this regime likes their own and I suspect they want to give Singletary and Moss another year. 

They need to draft a true NT to replace Star in 2022, two edge players, and a LB in with four of the first five picks.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well to be fair, it took until year 3 of Josh's career for it to happen.  The first 2...yuck. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't know about most of you.........the tenor here before Milano re-signed was more about improving in FA in areas where they struggled in the playoffs.

I'd rather have Williams and a playmaker like Curtis Samuel......or a pass rusher.......than use that $ retain Milano.

Hopefully they are willing to continue pushing cap debt and actually address those spots with playmakers as well............if not, then these moves were a half-measure.

I can't see them spending big money in FA or even a high draft pick on a WR with Diggs and Beasley as your #1 and slot and Davis looking ready to take the #2 spot.  Signing a guy like Samuel or drafting one high just pushes Davis down the depth chart.

51 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I agree with a lot of that but the big problem with Milano is he doesn't play nearly enough snaps.   He only made it into 31% of the defensive snaps last year and he's never made it to 90%.   OTB linebackers don't make or break success in the NFL......the Chiefs made it all the way to the SB with basically no quality LB play and they didn't lose the game because of it.   If you are paying him as much as Milano you really NEED that OTB LB to be out there almost all the time at least.

Also not high on Toney.   I know why people want that guy like Tyreek Hill........but there is a big difference between most elusive players and Hill.    And it's that extra juice that makes all the difference.    Take a tenth off of Hill's 40 speed and he's just a pretty fast, undersized WR.   I like the proven option in Samuel........he seemed like a perfect fit,  legit 4.3 speed but also can play RB and is an excellent deep WR........especially with Beasley in his walk year and getting up there in age.......he could have been a real threat.

Look deeper into the reason why.

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Bengals fans were hoping to sign Williams this off season:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Daryl-Williams-Re-signs-with-Bills

And it's always fun to read a take on the Bills like this from another fan base:

Yep, hurts for us Bengal fans, for sure.  However, can you really blame the guy for wanting to stay with the Bills?  They have one of the most rabid ban bases in football, in Bills Mafia.  They have a good team, with what looks like a potential future All-Pro in Allen at QB, they made noise in the playoffs, and are doing their level best to keep the band together.

Meanwhile, you have the Bengals.  The Bengals missed their sweet spot with 5 straight playoff appearances, their chance to get noticed and command respect from Big Market USA.  The team that was, is now diminished and pretty much starting from scratch with a new franchise QB, and a handful of younger, talented players.  

If I hadn't been a Bengal fan my whole life, it would be really tough to not love the Bills, as a new football fan.

I am Switzerland neutral on the Bengals despite living in Ohio for the past 28 years. I have so many friends who are Bengals fans and have this exact mindset. I do have more empathy for them than I do the browns. Probably because I love Joey Burrow, he is the absolute goods. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am Switzerland neutral on the Bengals despite living in Ohio for the past 28 years. I have so many friends who are Bengals fans and have this exact mindset. I do have more empathy for them than I do the browns. Probably because I love Joey Burrow, he is the absolute goods. 

They need to put a solid O-Line in front of Burrow before he's crippled.  I think the Bengals would have gladly overpaid to get Daryl Williams and shore up the RT position just like Beane overpaid for Morse to help his young franchise QB.  Burrow is the real deal if he can stay off injured reserve. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

They need to put a solid O-Line in front of Burrow before he's crippled.  I think the Bengals would have gladly overpaid to get Daryl Williams and shore up the RT position just like Beane overpaid for Morse to help his young franchise QB.  Burrow is the real deal if he can stay off injured reserve. 

Agree. They need an OL more than anything. Assuming burrow recovers from the ACL I have no doubt he will take care of that side of the ball. In fact I would take him over any of the other QBs in that division. He’s special 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Wow.  What great news.  

Brandon Beane and Coach McD.  There is a reason why NFL Players want to stay on your team.  

Thank You. 

Doesnt hurt that the reduced cap will result in a mad dash of musical chairs with the losers having to compete for jobs at the vet minimum while facing the prospect of moving their families during COVID.

Not saying McBeane shouldn’t get some credit here but this isn’t your average offseason.  Never been a riskier time to be a free agent vet.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Doesnt hurt that the reduced cap will result in a mad dash of musical chairs with the losers having to compete for jobs at the vet minimum while facing the prospect of moving their families during COVID.

Not saying McBeane shouldn’t get some credit here but this isn’t your average offseason.  Never been a riskier time to be a free agent vet.

Good point and I did not consider that.  Still, the direction of the franchise and the perception of the city are both trending up and both of them want to come back.  I’ll take it.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The good players (like Williams) will have their choice of teams/contracts.  Guys like Feliciano will likely have to settle for scraps.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Same for me.....I moved from Buffalo to Ohio in 1989 so I'm more of an observer with the Ohio teams.  Although I will say that when the Browns and the Steelers are playing meaningful football games against each other, the rivalry between the two is one of the more intense in the league.  

23 minutes ago, gobillsinytown said:

Same for me.....I moved from Buffalo to Ohio in 1989 so I'm more of an observer with the Ohio teams.  Although I will say that when the Browns and the Steelers are playing meaningful football games against each other, the rivalry between the two is one of the more intense in the league.  

...and when the Browns and Steelers are playing meaningful games against the Bills, it’s even better.