Breaking: Daryl Williams signs 3 year extension

I love this and the Milano re-signing.  Two would-be holes closed before they were created.

They certainly have spots where they could upgrade or add depth (DE, CB, OL depth or improvement, TE), but they really are in a position to take their highest graded players in each round of the upcoming draft regardless of position.

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Pretty much direct swaps for Jefferson and Brown... think most of us would have taken that at the start of the week...

I don't know about most of you.........the tenor here before Milano re-signed was more about improving in FA in areas where they struggled in the playoffs.

I'd rather have Williams and a playmaker like Curtis Samuel......or a pass rusher.......than use that $ retain Milano.

Hopefully they are willing to continue pushing cap debt and actually address those spots with playmakers as well............if not, then these moves were a half-measure.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Yessssss!!!

All year we heard players say how much they love each other , the coaches and fan base. 

We're seeing that was the truth. 

Milano n Williams could have probably gotten 2 mil more per year in FA. They didn’t even try. Hyde too,, next year..

Having coaches n teammates you truly love playing for and with is priceless! 

As well as the pay cuts by Addison and Morse. 

You can tell guys meant every word. 

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't know about most of you.........the tenor here before Milano re-signed was more about improving in FA in areas where they struggled in the playoffs.

I'd rather have Williams and a playmaker like Curtis Samuel......or a pass rusher.......than use that $ retain Milano.

Hopefully they are willing to continue pushing cap debt and actually address those spots with playmakers as well............if not, then these moves were a half-measure.

It seems like they think that they aren’t too far away and are concentrating on bringing it back rather than wanting to bring in new guys...

I think the deal that they have brought back Milano at is pretty reasonable and they can move on from it in two years if they dont think his play warrants it or your injury concern worries prove to be correct... And this will also coincide with the time they need to start paying JA..

They obviously see him as a pretty valuable piece on the D with Hyde, Poyer, Tre, and my biggest concern Edmunds whom I’m not so sure they should extend...

Milano plays a 100% of the snaps and has been a pretty good over his 4 years here... although I will say that 2020 wasn’t his best year...He is also a popular locker room guy which counts for a lot on this team ..

I don’t think they make a flashy FA offensive signing as money is tight... I could see them bring in a second tier TE around $5m a year...they will need a Guard and Swing Tackle. Although neither will break the bank...

I was hoping they would get a pass rusher but after Addison taking a pay cut  this appears unlikely 

I have done a 180 now though on the idea of drafting a guy like Toney at 30 as their obvious needs are disappearing and they could do with some further speed now that Brown is gone...

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

It seems like they think that they aren’t too far away and are concentrating on bringing it back rather than wanting to bring in new guys...

I think the deal that they have brought back Milano at is pretty reasonable and they can move on from it in two years if they dont think his play warrants it or your injury concern worries prove to be correct... And this will also coincide with the time they need to start paying JA..

They obviously see him as a pretty valuable piece on the D with Hyde, Poyer, Tre, and my biggest concern Edmunds whom I’m not so sure they should extend...

Milano plays a 100% of the snaps and has been a pretty good over his 4 years here... although I will say that 2020 wasn’t his best year...He is also a popular locker room guy which counts for a lot on this team ..

I don’t think they make a flashy FA offensive signing as money is tight... I could see them bring in a second tier TE around $5m a year...they will need a Guard and Swing Tackle. Although neither will break the bank...

I was hoping they would get a pass rusher but after Addison taking a pay cut  this appears unlikely 

I have done a 180 now though on the idea of drafting a guy like Toney at 30 as their obvious needs are disappearing and they could do with some further speed now that Brown is gone...

I agree with a lot of that but the big problem with Milano is he doesn't play nearly enough snaps.   He only made it into 31% of the defensive snaps last year and he's never made it to 90%.   OTB linebackers don't make or break success in the NFL......the Chiefs made it all the way to the SB with basically no quality LB play and they didn't lose the game because of it.   If you are paying him as much as Milano you really NEED that OTB LB to be out there almost all the time at least.

Also not high on Toney.   I know why people want that guy like Tyreek Hill........but there is a big difference between most elusive players and Hill.    And it's that extra juice that makes all the difference.    Take a tenth off of Hill's 40 speed and he's just a pretty fast, undersized WR.   I like the proven option in Samuel........he seemed like a perfect fit,  legit 4.3 speed but also can play RB and is an excellent deep WR........especially with Beasley in his walk year and getting up there in age.......he could have been a real threat.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

So now that we took care of our own, we have a wide open draft. Gonna need a guard sometime after 1st round.... who's this free up to draft? Beane is God if he runs up the board for Pitts

As much as I was fine with the possibility to trade down in this year's draft and garner extra picks and look for value in the 2nd & 3rd rounds, I now want to see Beane say "Screw it with the future picks, because the future is NOW!"

If Beane sees a player that is going to have a major impact with the team immediately, then go and get him!

I don't care if we have to mortgage our first round pick in 2022 or sacrifice our early picks in this year's draft. 

Go after Pitts, or Paye, or Rousseau, or Surtain, or Waddle. Why not?

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'd say they are in better shape now to draft and have control of a playmaker in this upcoming draft.

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm hoping they invest a high draft pick on a WR.... need to replace Brown and not just throw Davis in there.... would've loved Samuel. Can't see it happening now.

That's ok. They'll get Josh something real nice with that first pick. 

K. Toney is my hope.

Bengals fans were hoping to sign Williams this off season:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Daryl-Williams-Re-signs-with-Bills

And it's always fun to read a take on the Bills like this from another fan base:

Yep, hurts for us Bengal fans, for sure.  However, can you really blame the guy for wanting to stay with the Bills?  They have one of the most rabid ban bases in football, in Bills Mafia.  They have a good team, with what looks like a potential future All-Pro in Allen at QB, they made noise in the playoffs, and are doing their level best to keep the band together.

Meanwhile, you have the Bengals.  The Bengals missed their sweet spot with 5 straight playoff appearances, their chance to get noticed and command respect from Big Market USA.  The team that was, is now diminished and pretty much starting from scratch with a new franchise QB, and a handful of younger, talented players.  

If I hadn't been a Bengal fan my whole life, it would be really tough to not love the Bills, as a new football fan.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

As much as I was fine with the possibility to trade down in this year's draft and garner extra picks and look for value in the 2nd & 3rd rounds, I now want to see Beane say "Screw it with the future picks, because the future is NOW!"

If Beane sees a player that is going to have a major impact with the team immediately, then go and get him!

I don't care if we have to mortgage our first round pick in 2022 or sacrifice our early picks in this year's draft. 

Go after Pitts, or Paye, or Rousseau, or Surtain, or Waddle. Why not?

He really did free up the draft to make it happen. I truly believe BPA is the plan, but trading up for BPA at a position of need is what he's gunna have his eye on this year IMO

• Like (+1) 1