Breaking: Daryl Williams signs 3 year extension

1 hour ago, appoo said:

Personally I think it's easier to find a starting guard at 30 than finding a starting EDGE rusher. So I would vote to let Feliciano go,, cut Addison, restructure Hughes + Star. Use Kumerow/Duke/Stills as your replacement for Brown on the roster (Gabe Davis is your #2). Use that 10M in cap savings to find a F/A EDGE.

Agreed. Maybe this is indeed the plan.

9 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think what the last few days have shown us is that if Beane didn’t release a pending free agent player a couple of days ago like John Brown and Jefferson, then he is probably trying to resign them.  If Beane knew he wasn’t going to be able to keep someone I think he would let them go now so their agent could get to work finding a new gig for them.

John Brown and Quinton Jefferson were not pending free agents.  They were players under contract for 2021 with a big-ol cap hit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Everything I have read on Williams was that he could get $7-8M per. Milano's value was impacted by David at only $12.5M. I dont see any discount on either guy. Maybe someone would have paid them, but dont see them getting more than what we paid. 

You would be incorrect both the Jets and Browns where preparing to make large offers to Milano alone 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, foreboding said:

Agreed. Maybe this is indeed the plan.

Two problems with @appoo's plan. First, we don't have Kenny Stills under a futures contract like Kumerow and Duke. We'd have to re-sign him.

Second, Addison took a paycut to stay. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he's released after Training Camp after everything's said and done (like Murphy should have been). But if he were to be cut before then - they wouldn't have restructured him today. 

23 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Everything I have read on Williams was that he could get $7-8M per. Milano's value was impacted by David at only $12.5M. I dont see any discount on either guy. Maybe someone would have paid them, but dont see them getting more than what we paid. 

what have you read about Williams value ?

If it was the Spotrac valuation that came out about 2 months ago, Mike Ginnetti walked that back a week ago when he said that he was the best RT in Free Agency and could get around $12m

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Two problems with @appoo's plan. First, we don't have Kenny Stills under a futures contract like Kumerow and Duke. We'd have to re-sign him.

Second, Addison took a paycut to stay. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he's released after Training Camp after everything's said and done (like Murphy should have been). But if he were to be cut before then - they wouldn't have restructured him today. 

I hadn't realized that about Stills, guess he was an emergency guy if JB couldn't go in the playoffs.

As for Addison, when I posted it wasn't announced he had restructured. But that's fine. Still opens a small gap to sign a new EDGE

Terrific news on Williams - and Milano.

A shout out also to guys who have restructured etc., to make these moves possible, it speaks a lot to both the quality of the people, and the quality of the current organisation.

I wouldn't underestimate the impact that the training facilities have either, so well done also to the Pegulas for ponying up the money for them.

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

If it was the Spotrac valuation that came out about 2 months ago, Mike Ginnetti walked that back a week ago when he said that he was the best RT in Free Agency and could get around $12m

Sportrac has D. Williams market value at 8.5m per year... One way to look at it is that the Bills often had to overpay to keep or sign free agents. D Williams signed right at his market value. Some team out there would have over paid, but the fact that he chose to stay here right at his value is a good sign.

But he didn't take less than his market value. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

Sportrac has D. Williams market value at 8.5m per year... One way to look at it is that the Bills often had to overpay to keep or sign free agents. D Williams signed right at his market value. Some team out there would have over paid, but the fact that he chose to stay here right at his value is a good sign.

But he didn't take less than his market value. 

Yes ... this was done about two months ago, and Mike Ginnetti who is Spotrac was interviewed by Matt Parino recently and he said he could get $12M ...

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Most of what I read predicted something like 4 years and 35M. Sportrac had a value of $7.8M per. So looks like the Bills basically paid market. Dont see anything that was predicting $10M+. 

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The one and only Mary Kay Cabot who is pretty much the Browns stenographer 

Haha. She has said the Browns are after basically ever free agent. They wanted Watt and then supposedly didnt that much. Then David, then Milano, and also want Durpee, Hendrickson, Lawson, Reddick, Barrett and anyone else you can think of. 

• Eyeroll 1