Breaking: Daryl Williams signs 3 year extension

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Everyone now saying Mongo is gone which means we should all assume an extension is imminent based on the last 24 hours.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Mongo back. I think McBeane is looking to retain as much of the 2020 roster as possible and then draft a pass rusher and pass catcher to add those last pieces.

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I think this means changes to your mock now too right? Maybe trade up to the early 20's for Kadarius Toney?

I think they are genuinely in BPA territory now. Still think Greg Newsome is in play if he is there. An OT in the first 3 rounds probably not.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Mongo back. I think McBeane is looking to retain as much of the 2020 roster as possible and then draft a pass rusher and pass catcher to add those last pieces.

does seem like that.  Although I would prefer an Edge like Lawson over Milano and use the draft for LB.  But if Bean somehow lands an impact Edge in FA, he is in the offseason GM Hall of Fame! 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think they are genuinely in BPA territory now. Still think Greg Newsome is in play if he is there. An OT in the first 3 rounds probably not.

agree on BPA territory.  Wonder if they trade down if somehow the safety from TCU is the BPA when they draft.  From what I've read, he's a great safety, can cover WR's, deep, support run, etc.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

in 3 years?  thats long term in the NFL

Not really La’al Collins, a consensus 1st round OT, played 2 seasons at LG for Dallas before moving to RT when Free retired. It’s forward thinking and you get a 5th year.

We don’t even know the details of the Williams contract it may essentially be a 2 year deal.

I guess I just wouldn’t rule it out if it’s BPA and it means keeping Josh upright.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Unless a incredible talent falls for whatever reason....none.....and they probably draft him to move to OG in the first year

I could still see them taking one even at 30..

Play them at G as you say , and when Williams is moved on in 2 years when you have to start paying JA ...you got a cheap RT option on his rookie deal that has had some seasoning all ready in the big league and has filled at hole at G in the meantime...

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

does seem like that.  Although I would prefer an Edge like Lawson over Milano and use the draft for LB.  But if Bean somehow lands an impact Edge in FA, he is in the offseason GM Hall of Fame! 

I think if they resign Mongo they still go Oline with their round 3 selection. They will likely need a swing tackle and depth along the Oline. I then think in round 1 they are going for a pass rusher. But I still wouldn’t be shocked to see a reclamation project be brought in at the pass rusher position. Given the market they might be willing to try and go after a player like D.Williams last year a high performing player who is coming off multiple down years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I think if they resign Mongo they still go Oline with their round 3 selection. They will likely need a swing tackle and depth along the Oline. I then think in round 1 they are going for a pass rusher. But I still wouldn’t be shocked to see a reclamation project be brought in at the pass rusher position. Given the market they might be willing to try and go after a player like D.Williams last year a high performing player who is coming off multiple down years.

nothing surprises me anymore with Bean.  We really are setting up for BPA at 30, could be OL, RB, Edge, etc.  Nice to not have any gaping holes to fill.  We have holes for sure, but not gaping ones.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Not really La’al Collins, a consensus 1st round OT, played 2 seasons at LG for Dallas before moving to RT when Free retired. It’s forward thinking and you get a 5th year.

We don’t even know the details of the Williams contract it may essentially be a 2 year deal.

I guess I just wouldn’t rule it out if it’s BPA and it means keeping Josh upright.

I undertand  your line of thinking.   A couple of thoughts

Williams was the top RT in free agency this year.

Still pretty young

But drafting a OT and moving them to guard especially a ultra talented one?  Yeah I could see that.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, appoo said:

Personally I think it's easier to find a starting guard at 30 than finding a starting EDGE rusher. So I would vote to let Feliciano go,, cut Addison, restructure Hughes + Star. Use Kumerow/Duke/Stills as your replacement for Brown on the roster (Gabe Davis is your #2). Use that 10M in cap savings to find a F/A EDGE, draft a starting guard, a DE/3T tweener, a slot corner, a speedy WR, and a TE.

Unfortunately TE is likely going to go unanswered this offseason. Think EDGE is more pressing.

You could actually snag Friermuth at 30, trade up into the 2nd round and grab a starting RG there.

Kenny Stills is a free agent, not tied to the Bills in any way

• Like (+1) 1

I think what the last few days have shown us is that if Beane didn’t release a pending free agent player a couple of days ago like John Brown and Jefferson, then he is probably trying to resign them.  If Beane knew he wasn’t going to be able to keep someone I think he would let them go now so their agent could get to work finding a new gig for them.

• Agree 2

This makes so much sense. What Beane is doing makes sense. You cannot possible hit on all your FA and draft picks. But WHEN you get them right, keep them HERE. This small but improbable step is what grows a deep, quality team.
Beane and McDermott get it.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I think your estimate of market value is suspect.  Both were projected to fetch more in free agency.  In general I think prices may be depressed this year, but I still expect when it all said and done both of these deals will look like bargains.  It is much too early to tell given that FA has not even started yet.

Everything I have read on Williams was that he could get $7-8M per. Milano's value was impacted by David at only $12.5M. I dont see any discount on either guy. Maybe someone would have paid them, but dont see them getting more than what we paid. 

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

nothing surprises me anymore with Bean.  We really are setting up for BPA at 30, could be OL, RB, Edge, etc.  Nice to not have any gaping holes to fill.  We have holes for sure, but not gaping ones.  

I still see edge as a massive hole and RG is a question mark if Mongo isn’t resigned. Right now I can’t see McBeane not going Edge early as I can’t see him having enough space to justify a impact signing at DE.

If I had to rank the holes on the roster I would say it would be,

1- Edge Rusher

2- RG 

3- Pass catcher

4- CB

5- Kick returner

Now if you resign Mongo and Roberts you can take 5 off the list and move Oline back to being a depth need. I also think there are some other depth/role player needs on the roster too but that’s still not a ton of holes to fill.

• Like (+1) 1