Breaking: Daryl Williams signs 3 year extension

18 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Don’t doubt the Beane

I just don’t know that it makes a ton of sense to bring Feliciano back, UNLESS, they go RB early in either Harris, Etienne or Williams. 

Clearly our run game was an issue.  It’s wishful thinking to believe it will be solved by simply having a healthy Cody Ford.  

Dawkins, Williams and Morse are all above average players at their position, but if we lack outside speed at the RB position, they best way to develop a run game without drafting a RB, would be to draft a dominant run blocker early at G, to pair with a healthy Ford.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, ngbills said:

We are paying these guys market value or above. Glad to have them back but we are not doing it on the cheap. If these guys signed elsewhere on these contracts I bet most would be saying "Beane would not pay that kind of money". So I have mixed feelings on the signings. Now we need good value at other positions bc our value RT just got paid.  Happy they are back but was hoping for upgrades on the edge and at TE.

I think your estimate of market value is suspect.  Both were projected to fetch more in free agency.  In general I think prices may be depressed this year, but I still expect when it all said and done both of these deals will look like bargains.  It is much too early to tell given that FA has not even started yet.

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I just don’t know that it makes a ton of sense to bring Feliciano back, UNLESS, they go RB early in either Harris, Etienne or Williams. 

Clearly our run game was an issue.  It’s wishful thinking to believe it will be solved by simply having a healthy Cody Ford.  

Dawkins, Williams and Morse are all above average players at their position, but if we lack outside speed at the RB position, they best way to develop a run game without drafting a RB, would be to draft a dominant run blocker early at G, to pair with a healthy Ford.  

I was not very impressed with Feliciano last year.  He was a big part of the under performing run game and was an absolute turnstile in the championship game.  

• Agree 3

As I’ve stated before, since this regime has been in place it is the first time since the ‘90’s that I’m not stressed and frustrated over their offseason moves. 

Man I love this organization!

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, MJS said:

Same thing was said about Milano and Williams.

Just have to wait and see what happens.

True but at some point there won't be enough money next week in FA to sign him plus a TE and DE and maybe even a LB.  And I'd put signing a a TE and DE above Mongo now that Williams has resigned.  I do think they will draft a lineman early who will start so may not need Mongo at this point where as having two spots open may have been too much.

Maybe Beane was working both Williams and Mongo. First one to agree to a deal gets it, loser is out??  Will see.

1 hour ago, MrSarcasm said:

So Mongo gone and Ford goes in his place.

I like it.

Naaaa I think Ford goes to left guard and we draft one high

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I get that. 

But I ain't about to crown the Bills over the Chiefs just yet.

The only thing you can do is take care of your own yard....you cant be concerned with someone elses yard because you cant control that.

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

So, what are the chances we draft OT in first two rounds now?

Unless a incredible talent falls for whatever reason....none.....and they probably draft him to move to OG in the first year

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I’m still thinking OT is in play at 30. This draft is deep for OT. They can plug the rookie in at OG, then he takes over for Williams. 

in 3 years?  thats long term in the NFL

Love it, 2 out of the 3 starters that were unrestricted free agents are retained and Williams in my opinion was the most important. I like Milano but I am not trying to replace a starting tackle when I have a stud young QB. Mongo I would hope to resign but if you can’t make it work you can’t make it work.

• Like (+1) 1