Breaking: Daryl Williams signs 3 year extension

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thank god! I know o linemen are superior important but there is no bigger buzzkill than drafting one in the 1st round.

and very good contract. What’s the updated cap number?

Depending on what happens at guard, we might still be drafting a O-linemen with our first. 

11 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I prefer this one

20210311_174543.jpg

You know working from home he is definitely wearing that right now. The tree may or may not still be up. If so, its either a St. Patrick's Day Tree or the Beane Family "can't even right now." :) 

52 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I could sworn people were saying Matt Milano made this impossible yesterday. 🙄

I was one of them, I admit it. :bag:

This is incredible. Beane is the man or wizard or Night King, whatever you want call him. I'm just glad he's ours. :)

What a deal too, both Williams & Milano are staying put. This is excellent news, and free agency hasn't started. B-)

This is still only the beginning. GO BILLS!!! :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Nester said:

Any idea how much cap we have left?

$5mm -$7mm for the draft contracts as well right? 

No we dont need that much.  The sum of their salaries might make it look like that but in practice its much less.  In the offseason your top 51 contracts count against the cap.  So when you sign a draft pick you are displacing one of those top 51 and the cap hit is the difference between their contracts.  With first round picks this is a actually a material amount of money (like $1 mil or so) but for the later picks its not nearly as much.  I think we need 2-3 mIl for draft picks (that might even be high)

• Like (+1) 1

This is what happens when culture creates loyalty.

It happens in all businesses. 

When the culture is good, good boss, good management...  employees want to stay even if they get less now know that there is value in other aspects rather than monetary.

Beane and McDermott and credit to the Pegulas, have built a culture that is making it easier for players to want to stay.

Edit..  And let me add and this is big, they went to the AFC Championship last year lol

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

We are paying these guys market value or above. Glad to have them back but we are not doing it on the cheap. If these guys signed elsewhere on these contracts I bet most would be saying "Beane would not pay that kind of money". So I have mixed feelings on the signings. Now we need good value at other positions bc our value RT just got paid.  Happy they are back but was hoping for upgrades on the edge and at TE.

• Disagree 4