Breaking: Daryl Williams signs 3 year extension

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

Personally I think it's easier to find a starting guard at 30 than finding a starting EDGE rusher. So I would vote to let Feliciano go,, cut Addison, restructure Hughes + Star. Use Kumerow/Duke/Stills as your replacement for Brown on the roster (Gabe Davis is your #2). Use that 10M in cap savings to find a F/A EDGE, draft a starting guard, a DE/3T tweener, a slot corner, a speedy WR, and a TE.

Unfortunately TE is likely going to go unanswered this offseason. Think EDGE is more pressing.

You could actually snag Friermuth at 30, trade up into the 2nd round and grab a starting RG there.

I don’t think you are getting your wish with the report that Addison also restructured- ala Morse and Butler.  I think they are setting the table for Mongo coming back and maybe McKittrick.

That frees them up to go BPA in the draft and see what other nuggets you can find in the bargain bin looking to join a winner.

7 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Scratch all those mocks that have us taking an OT with our first pick!

Thank god! I know o linemen are superior important but there is no bigger buzzkill than drafting one in the 1st round.

and very good contract. What’s the updated cap number?

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Wow Brandon Beane is a magician. Now if he finds and edge rusher and makes it all work under the cap he has moved beyond magician.

YUP.  Edge rusher is really the only major piece missing.  

If they sign Feliciano, I’ll be shocked.   I’d imagine they want to get a dominant run blocker in the Draft at G to pair with what Cody Ford (hopefully) will be.   That keeps our pass pro mainstays in tact with Dawkins, Williams and Morse and would give us the ability to hit runs off guard. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

I don’t think you are getting your wish with the report that Addison also restructured- ala Morse and Butler.  I think they are setting the table for Mongo coming back and maybe McKittrick.

That frees them up to go BPA in the draft and see what other nuggets you can find in the bargain bin looking to join a winner.

They still need to replace Jefferson, but perhaps that's just going to naturally filled by Justin Zimmer. Not sure I'd be ok rolling with the edge rushers they had last season + a hopefully well improved AJE.

Though perhaps I'm being a bit dramatic. Chiefs have to significantly improve their OLine, or they may not even be in a position to get to the AFC Championship. They rode their two tackles, and we saw what they had behind them - not much.

If the Bills can add a TE as a weapon, a run blocking guard, and get AJE to be a top 30% EDGE Rusher, that might be enough to push the Bills past everyone else in the AFC.