Breaking: Daryl Williams signs 3 year extension

Just now, TPS said:

Dammit!  Now I have to run that stupid simulator another 20 times taking out RT as a priority in R1-2...

Ain't it great?  Now we can look at BPA.  Although considering how organized Beane is, he probably is looking to holes he expects to need to fill in 2025.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Beane tends to like going into the draft with positions filled.  Even epenesa wasn't a guarantee since they had signed addison.  There were thoughts of oline, dugger or chinn type big nickel, young pass rusher, etc. 

I want someone who can come in and contribute right away - preferably helping the run game

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Beane tends to like going into the draft with positions filled.  Even epenesa wasn't a guarantee since they had signed addison.  There were thoughts of oline, dugger or chinn type big nickel, young pass rusher, etc. 

I want someone who can come in and contribute right away - preferably helping the run game

Davis is a dominant run blocker, able to consistently generate movement along the line of scrimmage in almost any blocking scheme. 

https://www.bigblueview.com/2021/3/8/22314148/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-wyatt-davis-og-ohio-state-scouting-report-ny-giants#:~:text=Davis is a dominant run,defensive front in zone schemes.

Pat Freiermuth is a prospect who goes under the radar when most analysts are evaluating this draft class.  Because Penn State was a run-first team, he was asked to mainly block.

https://www.bluffballsports.com/blog-4-1/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-breakdown-te-pat-freiermuth-penn-state-kr9zb

• Like (+1) 1

Personally I think it's easier to find a starting guard at 30 than finding a starting EDGE rusher. So I would vote to let Feliciano go,, cut Addison, restructure Hughes + Star. Use Kumerow/Duke/Stills as your replacement for Brown on the roster (Gabe Davis is your #2). Use that 10M in cap savings to find a F/A EDGE, draft a starting guard, a DE/3T tweener, a slot corner, a speedy WR, and a TE.

Unfortunately TE is likely going to go unanswered this offseason. Think EDGE is more pressing.

You could actually snag Friermuth at 30, trade up into the 2nd round and grab a starting RG there.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Davis is a dominant run blocker, able to consistently generate movement along the line of scrimmage in almost any blocking scheme. 

https://www.bigblueview.com/2021/3/8/22314148/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-wyatt-davis-og-ohio-state-scouting-report-ny-giants#:~:text=Davis is a dominant run,defensive front in zone schemes.

Pat Freiermuth is a prospect who goes under the radar when most analysts are evaluating this draft class.  Because Penn State was a run-first team, he was asked to mainly block.

https://www.bluffballsports.com/blog-4-1/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-breakdown-te-pat-freiermuth-penn-state-kr9zb

I'm a Penn Stater, and I'd agree with this. When we went the YOLO offense in 2019, he has a huge factor. There's a reason we called him baby Gronk. Would fit perfectly with spirit/philosophy of this offense.

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Ain't it great?  Now we can look at BPA.  Although considering how organized Beane is, he probably is looking to holes he expects to need to fill in 2025.

My current best guess of who the Bills would target is Moehrig, for that Big Nickel hybrid role. 

Just now, appoo said:

Huh, so not cutting Mario.  That's a 10M cap hit, so I'm hoping that got reduced to about 5M, as he's a backup.

I wouldn't expect more than a couple million--$5m is pretty drastic.  I'm happy to see he took a cut though.

28 minutes ago, njbuff said:

They still have to prove they can beat KC.

They didn't even come close in 2020.

I am excited about the Bills taking that next step, but we shall see.

Keeping our OL in tact, while KC cuts both starting tackles is a good start.  

• Like (+1) 3

For the draft now, they definitely can go BPA but for the first round pick my guess is they pick a position like CB or edge rusher because of relative value, particularly in years 3-5 of rookie contract. Then in rounds 2 and 3 I could see offense - interior OL, WR and wouldn't rule out TE or RB. 

I could also see them trading down, something like #30 for an early 2nd and early 4th. Trade value chart possibilities for #30:

Atlanta's 2nd and 4th (#35 and #108)

Cincy's 2nd (38), 4th (111) and 5th (149) Bills could throw in their 6th (211)

• Like (+1) 1