Cam About To Re-Sign With New England

H2o

8 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Both of which are also more appealing bridge options than washed out Cam, imho. 

That is true, but that has nothing to do with the money. 8 million is pennies and doesn't hinder them getting another QB or any player the bills should not want them to get that is the point. And no team should want to see their backup QB. They were able to win 7 games with him, could of won a couple more so this isn't as bad as you want it to look like. 

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah but....(words I never thought I'd type)...$7 or $8M/yr is tip-top backup money.  

Fitz earned $8M ($4M guaranteed) from the Dolphins last season.

So? As i said to NoHuddleKelly12. 8 mill is pennies (especially with other teams paying more for their backups) and doesn't stop them from adding more players. This is less to do about nothing while the free agency period has not even started yet., plus the draft and people are jumping and acting like the season will begin next week. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

That is true, but that has nothing to do with the money. 8 million is pennies and doesn't hinder them getting another QB or any player the bills should not want them to get that is the point. And no team should want to see their backup QB. They were able to win 7 games with him, could of won a couple more so this isn't as bad as you want it to look like. 

So? As i said to NoHuddleKelly12. 8 mill is pennies (especially with other teams paying more for their backups) and doesn't stop them from adding more players. This is less to do about nothing while the free agency period has not even started yet., plus the draft and people are jumping and acting like the season will begin next week. 

OK Pats Fan.  I'm sure you're right about everything and this is Yet Another Manifestation of the roster management Brilliance of the Hoodie.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK Pats Fan.  I'm sure you're right about everything and this is Yet Another Manifestation of the roster management Brilliance of the Hoodie.

its really common sense if you actually thought about it. They got a backup. No more no less. 

26 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

its really common sense if you actually thought about it. They got a backup. No more no less. 

Except in the scenario he turns out to be their starter... then they get more... or in the scenario they cut him because he sucks... then they get less... 

And right now, at this moment in time, he’s their starter. 

Edited by JGMcD2

23 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

IMO, if you have to think real hard about something, it isnt common sense. 

Cam was quite terrible last year and paying that amount for a backup who cannot be relied on to win without an excellent team and coaching, just smells of desperation at best and bad roster management at worst. 

I understand that as a fan you want to feel good about it, but trust the guys on this board. We were on the other side for a decade and know how reality conflicts with fan dom. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

So did they resign him because they couldn’t find any viable options in FA that would be better than Newton or is it because majority of FA QBS turned down the option to sign with them? I’m thinking more the latter

Free Agency doesnt start for 5 more days, so neither. Unless you are talking about guys who are already home on the couch.

39 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Lets say you're right.  Who is going to be the starter?

A free agent or a rookie?  Do you have a couple of names?

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Except in the scenario he turns out to be their starter... then they get more... or in the scenario they cut him because he sucks... then they get less... 

And right now, at this moment in time, he’s their starter. 

Yup as of right Mar 12, 2021 he is their starter, teams do not officially start playing to September 9th so do with the info you have as you will.

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

[b]IMO, if you have to think real hard about something, it isnt common sense. [/b]

Cam was quite terrible last year and paying that amount for a backup who cannot be relied on to win without an excellent team and coaching, just smells of desperation at best and bad roster management at worst. 

I understand that as a fan you want to feel good about it, but trust the guys on this board. We were on the other side for a decade and know how reality conflicts with fan dom. 

So who is thinking hard about this? Cam was terrible last year, but won them 7 games. In a league where QBs are starting to get north of 40 mill. and as i said before there are backup getting paid more, I am trying to see where 8 mill is financially hindering and who said I wanted Cam back? I fully understand what this move means. But *shrug shoulders*

Edited by Ghost_002!

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He is a bad option as a starter, but he’s a phenomenal backup option.

He would be a horrible backup option. That QB room would be super toxic.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I will confess that I went to that link to check it because I would have placed a small monetary bet that you'd been duped by a fake Adam Schefter account, which as we all know abound.

But that actually IS Adam Schefter so unless someone took over his account for multiple tweets, it's real.  $14M for an "option" though?

Sounds like it’s highly incentive based. still, too much for slow and running QB whose arm is shot.