Cam About To Re-Sign With New England

H2o

18 minutes ago, DJB said:

Belichek is a genius. 

Cam stinks and will help secure #1 next year. 

They'll win too many games to get the #1 pick. They have a lot of players coming back who opted out. 

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Trust me, I’m a huge Cam fan, and he’s not the same player. It’s obviously and his arm looks bad. But people on this board were laughing at Brady his last year in NE saying he was washed too. Cam ain’t Brady but NE did him no favors and a lot of qbs would have struggle there.

The Pats aren’t the Pats anymore. But it was a team with a terrible roster that nearly beat us at home. We are clearly the best team in the division but it’s weird to think that Pats getting players back is suddenly the worst team in the NFL when they weren’t close to that last year.

Cam isn’t Brady and I find it unlikely that Bill is going to manage to surround Cam with the best supporting cast in the NFL to hide those deficiencies. They’ve got 40% of their o-line leaving in FA and their two most effective RB... if they want them back they’re going to have to get paid. 3 or 4 major contributors on defense that need to get paid... they’ve got room for 1-2 impact offensive signings... but after last year who really wants to play with Cam? Nobody is lining up at the door. 

He wasn’t just struggling because of the team around him... he’s been struggling for like 5 years now... he’s just not the same player he was in the first half of his career. He couldn’t even make simple out throws outside the hash marks without skipping them... that’s not on the WR or the playbook. 

I do agree with your last point though... they will still be a tough out... at least I believe that. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

That’s an expensive option 

I mean it’s less than Taysom Hill haha.

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Cam isn’t Brady and I find it unlikely that Bill is going to manage to surround Cam with the best supporting cast in the NFL to hide those deficiencies. They’ve got 40% of their o-line leaving in FA and their two most effective RB... if they want them back they’re going to have to get paid. 3 or 4 major contributors on defense that need to get paid... they’ve got room for 1-2 impact offensive signings... but after last year who really wants to play with Cam? Nobody is lining up at the door. 

He wasn’t just struggling because of the team around him... he’s been struggling for like 5 years now... he’s just not the same player he was in the first half of his career. He couldn’t even make simple out throws outside the hash marks without skipping them... that’s not on the WR or the playbook. 

I do agree with your last point though... they will still be a tough out... at least I believe that. 

For sure, NE absolutely sucks at drafting skill players. It’s actually shows how much the Patriot way was just Brady.  Cam was off to the best start of his career 3 years ago but he might just be completely damaged. I guess their thoughts might be a full year in the system, more health, better defense, and better skill players might elevate him.  Doesn’t seem likely but there are far from the worst team in the nfl. 

It’s also funny that people loved hating on Cam for his attitude and yet the guy who hates everyone apparently loves him. 

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, H2o said:

They'll win too many games to get the #1 pick. They have a lot of players coming back who opted out. 

And that’s where we want them. Hopefully not good enough to beat Buffalo or win the division but good enough to at least split with Miami and maybe knock off a few afc contenders, then wind up like 8-8, and continue in QB purgatory 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, DJB said:

Jokes people. Jokes!!!!

6-10 won't get you #1 and I think that's where they're headed. :thumbsup:

Side note:

It's hilarious watching them come up with excuses for Cam's shortcomings on Get Up. First year in the system, he got Covid then missed a game, blah, blah, blah. :lol:

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I expect that as well, but Cam was horrendous last year throwing the football. His arm is toast. I watched him rear back and throw the ball as hard as he could just to get it 40 yards down field. 

Some have said he was injured through a lot of the season. 

He did look that way late, but early in the season he had some seriously powerful throws.

Against the Seahawks in Week 2, at 1:50 in the 3rd quarter, he threw it 55 yards in the air hitting his reciever on an absolute dime. He threw it from his own 14 and his guy caught it at full extension on the Seattle 31. And he didn't even step into it. His front foot was way out to the left, it's an awkward motion and an absolute bomb that he put in the perfect spot.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I assume this will be paired with a draft pick 

Agreed, still think they will draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd rounds.

On one hand, it's a smart move to keep a veteran QB around so you don't wind up starting Nathan Peterman on Day 1 (still can't believe we did that lol!). On the other hand, it seems like an overpay for this version of Newton and is he really the veteran you want to mentor your draft pick? I don't think he's a bad guy, but just a goofy dude who looked like a shell of himself last year.

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

This smells like they believe they won’t be able to convince any FA QB of quality to sign with them, you know full well they have feelers out to player agents thru back channels, so it’s what they had last season and a draft pick, sure hope I’m right on this... 😁👍

The "Patriot Way" is an extreme version of "team comes first," where players are told that they're expendable and they're expected to shut up and do their jobs. For two decades, players not only put up with this, but took below market value contracts to do so, because they thought it was a great shot at a ring.

But Brady has proven that he was the reason that team had a great shot at a ring each year. So with "the patriot way" exposed, what player is eager to sign up for camp Belichick now?

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

1 year del worth $14 million?? What???  Has Belichick lost his mind?? Dude doesn't deserve $14

... "up to close to $14 million"

That's a bit different.

If he has a great year, close to $14M will be a bargain. If he has a bad year, who knows how little this might be without hitting incentives? $5M? Less? No way to know.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

The "Patriot Way" is an extreme version of "team comes first," where players are told that they're expendable and they're expected to shut up and do their jobs. For two decades, players not only put up with this, but took below market value contracts to do so, because they thought it was a great shot at a ring.

But Brady has proven that he was the reason that team had a great shot at a ring each year. So with "the patriot way" exposed, what player is eager to sign up for camp Belichick now?

Apparently not Matthew Stafford hahaha

• Haha (+1) 3