Cam About To Re-Sign With New England

H2o

26 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Trying to get that #1 pick next year.

They went 7-8 this year with him starting. He signed late, had Covid, have maybe the worst skill players in the nfl, and had half of their defense opt out. 

obviously, he isn’t the same player but I think people love just hating on him. By all accounts, he was a great teammate and they can draft a qb.  I actually respect Belichick for being loyal to Cam.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They went 7-8 this year with him starting. He signed late, had Covid, have maybe the worst skill players in the nfl, and had half of their defense opt out. 

obviously, he isn’t the same player but I think people love just hating on him. By all accounts, he was a great teammate and they can draft a qb.  I actually respect Belichick for being loyal to Cam.

I agree seeing loyalty is nice... seriously. 

With that being said... every team and player dealt with adversity last season. Those are all fair points to bring up about Cam... but was it his skill position player’s fault that he was throwing the ball into the turf? Was it because of COVID his previously bad mechanics were just absolutely horrendous? 

They’re going to continue to be a tough out and assuredly won’t be the worst team in the NFL... but after the season Cam just had... $14M is not warranted. He’s broken and it has nothing to do with the circumstances surrounding last season. 

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They aren’t dumb enough to bring him back as the unquestioned starter 

1 year del worth $14 million?? What???  Has Belichick lost his mind?? Dude doesn't deserve $14

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I agree seeing loyalty is nice... seriously. 

With that being said... every team and player dealt with adversity last season. Those are all fair points to bring up about Cam... but was it his skill position player’s fault that he was throwing the ball into the turf? Was it because of COVID his previously bad mechanics were just absolutely horrendous? 

They’re going to continue to be a tough out and assuredly won’t be the worst team in the NFL... but after the season Cam just had... $14M is not warranted. He’s broken and it has nothing to do with the circumstances surrounding last season. 

Trust me, I’m a huge Cam fan, and he’s not the same player. It’s obviously and his arm looks bad. But people on this board were laughing at Brady his last year in NE saying he was washed too. Cam ain’t Brady but NE did him no favors and a lot of qbs would have struggle there.

The Pats aren’t the Pats anymore. But it was a team with a terrible roster that nearly beat us at home. We are clearly the best team in the division but it’s weird to think that Pats getting players back is suddenly the worst team in the NFL when they weren’t close to that last year.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

1 year del worth $14 million?? What???  Has Belichick lost his mind?? Dude doesn't deserve $14

Well that’s just stupid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1