Bills to have significant interest in Colts DL Denico Autry (signed by Titans)

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Yes, in the draft. For a good team like the Bills you have many players you have to pay.

Not only do amazing young DE’s not hit free agency but if they do we won’t be able to afford them. 

It’s the price of being a good team that has good players to pay. You buy a few decent vets for a few years, while drafting and hoping to hit. It doesn’t make for an exciting first week of free agency but the seasons should be a lot of fun. 

Yup. Use the remaining money on the OL and draft front 7, TE, and RB in the first six rounds. Add an UDFA that has some return ability

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yup. Use the remaining money on the OL and draft front 7, TE, and RB in the first six rounds. Add an UDFA that has some return ability

I’d argue this draft is heavy in O-line talent and lacking in DE talent. TE’s after Pitts are MEH. There’s decent DE depth and TE depth in FA. 

I hope we grab a talented pass rusher in FA because the chance to get a game breaker in the draft at 30 are slim. Better chance at a talented OT or OG at 30 IMO 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I still think they chase Trey Hendrickson, but Autry makes sense. He’s a big end with length. 

What makes you think they are in on Hendrickson?     I really liked him coming out and had reluctantly decided I would be glad to get him with pick #91(he was raw but just had such a high ceiling)...........but alas they listened to Phil McGeoghan and sent that pick to the Rams to trade up for that bust Zay Jones.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What makes you think they are in on Hendrickson?     I really liked him coming out and had reluctantly decided I would be glad to get him with pick #91(he was raw but just had such a high ceiling)...........but alas they listened to Phil McGeoghan and sent that pick to the Rams to trade up for that bust Zay Jones.

I mean I don’t have sources or anything, but he really fits what we are trying to do defensively. Big, athletic, end who can get to the quarterback and excelled in a rotational situation in New Orleans. He is versatile, can play anywhere on the d line, twists, and an array of pass rush moves. He’s also very young and fits as an investment in this contention window. There is a relentlessness to his game that just seems like our style of ball. 

And I agree there were so many places to go with that pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Beane loves them 30+ defensive lineman. 

Yep. More 30 plus pass rushers... 🙄

4 hours ago, Fred Slacks said:

I’d argue this draft is heavy in O-line talent and lacking in DE talent. TE’s after Pitts are MEH. There’s decent DE depth and TE depth in FA. 

I hope we grab a talented pass rusher in FA because the chance to get a game breaker in the draft at 30 are slim. Better chance at a talented OT or OG at 30 IMO 

It is a potentially great offensive tackle class. If, as now seems certain, Williams walks... they should look for his replacement in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, njbuff said:

What does that even mean?????/ ..........

"to have interest"

I believe it is like when a guy says hey do you want to do something together .. and she names the fanciest restaurant in town  and wants to go shopping afterward .. and the guy says cool have a good time with whoever you go with ... and he asks another young lady and she says let’s get mcDonalds and the man proposes on the spot .. I think that is Beane’s interest :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

1.  He won't share.

2. Oreo cookies are now 'out of stock' within 20 square miles.

17 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I believe it is like when a guy says hey do you want to do something together .. and she names the fanciest restaurant in town  and wants to go shopping afterward .. and the guy says cool have a good time with whoever you go with ... and he asks another young lady and she says let’s get mcDonalds and the man proposes on the spot .. I think that is Beane’s interest :)

Depends if you're Sherlock Holmes.  🤔

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I agree with your point overall but I’d prefer to spend the money of the DL and draft everything else. 

But hey, Beane’s a wizard. Maybe he can pull off both. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Just in case anyone wants to give a click to the person who actually wrote the article:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2021/03/11/colts-denico-autry-expected-have-plenty-suitors-open-market/6877265002/

Reading that it looks like the writer was looking for teams that needed pass rush help and he wrote that they could be interested in Autry. Man, no wonder why people don't buy newspapers anymore as nobody does true reporting anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

You mean this guy?

https://sports.yahoo.com/indianapolis-colts-denico-autry-lawsuit-smoking-damages-apartment-free-agency-224001626.html

Autry, 30, had reportedly received multiple complaints from neighbors soon after arriving for smoking in his apartment, “including many for marijuana smoke odor.” Viewegh, per the lawsuit, contacted Autry’s real estate agent and asked him to stop smoking, though he allegedly continued doing so and kept receiving complaints through the end of the year.

The lease requires that he assumes “all risk and responsibility for accident, injury or damage to person and property."

“My client and I are both big fans of the Colts organization and don't condemn anyone's personal choices,” Viewegh attorney Paul Jefferson told the Indianapolis Star. “But when those choices impact others, the right thing to do is make it right. It's unfortunate Mr. Autry requires the legal system to do that, but that's what courts are for.”

Sounds like a stand-up guy

16 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Probably similar deal to Addison. I would love to replace Addison with someone like this but also add another pass rusher. 

Yes he'd definitely be a versatile upgrade over Murphy or Addison. He can play both DT or DE. He was the best defensive player in our playoff game. Land him on a reasonable deal but still target an edge guy to compliment Jerry.