Bills to have significant interest in Colts DL Denico Autry (signed by Titans)

45 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh. Feel like they need a dominant edge guy. Hoping they target Von Miller assuming he becomes a FA.

Is he even a "dominant edge guy" at this point? Worthy of his cost?  Count me in the camp of I'm not sold

Clearly they like the idea of a guy who can play DE on run downs and kick inside on passing downs. 

It’s what they wanted Quinton Jefferson to do (Star opting out put the kibosh on that), it’s what they would’ve wanted Watt to do, and it’s what they would want Autry to do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Clearly they like the idea of a guy who can play DE on run downs and kick inside on passing downs. 

It’s what they wanted Quinton Jefferson to do (Star opting out put the kibosh on that), it’s what they would’ve wanted Watt to do, and it’s what they would want Autry to do.

Yep. I wonder if they'll turn to Adrian Clayborn if they don't get Autry or someone else like him for the same reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

Autry reminds me a bit of 80's-90's freakshow Jumpy Geathers.

He was more known for his signature "forklift" move........which he used on Jim Ritcher to record the first sack of Jim Kelly in that SB XXVI sh*tshow........Autry probably has better hand use though.......same kind of presence on the interior and very similar production.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BfloBillsFan said:

I trust their evaluation of the free agents and expect they think they probably can get a productive player at a reasonable price.

Why?  Murphy is a bust. They just cut Jefferson and made Butler take a pay cut. Addison may be next.  

This guy is 30. Can we please get younger at DE and edge????

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

What does that even mean?????/ ..........

"to have interest"

Crap thrown against wall to see if it sticks.  Unless it comes directly from a player or agent, it doesn’t have much substance.

So This is interesting and I will tell you why.. 2018 he had 9 sacks in 12 games. They thought they may have something but then the following year with 3.5 sacks with nearly matching numbers in every other department and then he has 7.5 sacks last year with same amount of games last year and again about same numbers on the rest of his stat sheet. I find this hot/cold type of play suspect and for me? its a hard pass unless you get value for him on contract. He would be worth between 3.5 and 4 mil a year based on past contracts but then we have another interesting issue with him... in the last 3 years he has lost 8 games due to injury.

So me personally? you get value out of him at 4 mil a year but its risk/reward type of deal. For the cap situation we are in would I take him? This is a very very hard yes for me. Hard No would make sense in either case this is not easy. Tough decisions to be made this year.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Beane loves them 30+ defensive lineman. 

21 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So This is interesting and I will tell you why.. 2018 he had 9 sacks in 12 games. They thought they may have something but then the following year with 3.5 sacks with nearly matching numbers in every other department and then he has 7.5 sacks last year with same amount of games last year and again about same numbers on the rest of his stat sheet. I find this hot/cold type of play suspect and for me? its a hard pass unless you get value for him on contract. He would be worth between 3.5 and 4 mil a year based on past contracts but then we have another interesting issue with him... in the last 3 years he has lost 8 games due to injury.

So me personally? you get value out of him at 4 mil a year but its risk/reward type of deal. For the cap situation we are in would I take him? This is a very very hard yes for me. Hard No would make sense in either case this is not easy. Tough decisions to be made this year.

He's also tall, 6'6". Darryl Johnson, AJ Espensa and Trent Murphy are all 6'6" as well

Edited by The Jokeman

3 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Autry’s value also extends to Bills’ practice. Our OL can hopefully learn to deal with him. He was a monster in the WC game. Iron sharpens Iron kinda thing...

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jerboski said:

I like him but really hoping Lawson is the number one target 

young and productive

Lawson is going to be on thee tops of many teams lists. I like Dawuane Smoot as he's a lesser name and likely less money but been good player the last two years and might want to move on from Jacksonville with a chance to start.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why?  Murphy is a bust. They just cut Jefferson and made Butler take a pay cut. Addison may be next.  

This guy is 30. Can we please get younger at DE and edge????

Yes, in the draft. For a good team like the Bills you have many players you have to pay.

Not only do amazing young DE’s not hit free agency but if they do we won’t be able to afford them. 

It’s the price of being a good team that has good players to pay. You buy a few decent vets for a few years, while drafting and hoping to hit. It doesn’t make for an exciting first week of free agency but the seasons should be a lot of fun. 

31 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Do posters really need to always include 'at the right price'. or 'as long as we don't overpay'. Can we just assume this going forward?

asking a bit much aren't we ?

and yes it drives me nutso too. is assumed i thought.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1