Bills sign Matt Milano to 4 yr, 44 mill deal with 24 mill gtd

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

It wasn’t clearly articulated... first you decided it was going to impede us from signing a pass rusher... and whined about that. Then you wanted to double up and decided it was going to impede us from signing an OL... and whined about that separately. 

You didn’t need two separate posts. 

No... a T is more valuable... G/C is not more valuable than LB. Good offensive line play is valuable... very rarely are the individual positions outside of LT... I’m not sure why you can’t figure that out... 

Tackles are part of the OL, is that correct? Who is whining? I’m posting an opinion on a bills message board, get over it 

you understood exactly my point you are just being an ass, enjoy the signing. I hope he proves the contract but I will continue to stand by my stance 

9 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Trust me on this one,  too much and we could have upgraded the position with a couple million more.  Milano would have not received an offer close to this on open market with the flood of players being released and low cap number of 183mll.  I will be right again,  just like when i said we should have drafted Metcalf or signing Murphy would be a total bust or our defense was not good enough to make to to the SUPER BOWL.  End of the day we still don't have anyone to cover Kelce or other TE'S in this league which we were worse in the NFL at doing,  paying Milano more is not changing the result of that. Right now we have one big play maker on defense and that is White,  we needed to add at least one of two this offseason and that does not look like it will happen.  

show us on the doll where Milano touched you

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Signing still gets us NO WHERE close to beating the chiefs 

You still need Milano to help get you back in position to make a run. The Bills had to win 13 regular season games and beat the Colts and Ravens just to get to that point. Keeping key players that helped you do that doesn't hurt.

• Like (+1) 2

based on this, the cuts, and the restructuring, and an aggressive but controlled attempt at watt, it's pretty clear to me they are loading up the team for a chip in the 2021 season.

some kind of better RB and TE production on O (interior OL being a big part of that IMO), and some beef up front and more pass rush on D gets us there.

3 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

We will see.... we saw this defense get shredded numerous times this year and clearly had issues sacking the qb and stopping the run, all of this with Milano 

I'm not telling you the Bills will have a solution to these problems you cite, but linebacker was in no case going to be the solution.  Pressuring the QB in stopping the run are primarily front-four issues in this defense.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsMafi$ said:

11 million 

852E246A-3C39-4482-A8D8-9EF1F3F3D8D1.jpeg

Spotrac is often wrong this early in the news cycle on a new signing. Looks like they calculated a $24M signing bonus, when what is being reported is a $7M signing bonus and $24M guaranteed over the life of the contract.

Or the report of the $7M signing bonus is wrong, but that number seems more right than $24M