Bills sign Matt Milano to 4 yr, 44 mill deal with 24 mill gtd

Just now, Jerboski said:

either one... again very simple to read what I wrote 

if it costs you keeping the OL OR(notice this word, it’s crucial to the point) an elite pass rusher it was a bad move 

crusade nothing, you win big in this league with elite OL, Qb play and pass rush... it’s very simple and common knowledge 

Genius... you made one post related to DE and then a few minutes later a separate post related to OL... it wasn’t either or when you wrote it... I read what you wrote and was able to comprehend it.. obviously you weren’t.... 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

This tells me Beane and Co believe the FA market for DT / DE and depth at WR / OL will be stronger than the OLB position. Moreover, the Draft appears deep at the OT position. 

We've always gone for the low cost olineman in free agency with McBeane except when signed Morse. 

10 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Love it. Guess this means DW is gone. OT at 30 seems like our plan. I'm good with that. 

Milano's cap hit this year is only 5 million. So don't count out D.Williams. I think Mongo or D.Williams is out but I wouldn't be shocked to see them push hard for D.Williams. You don't want to have to rely on a rookie. 

Very surprised but very happy. Reasonable contract for both parties and a 2021 cap hit that doesnt prevent some FA moves.

Plus removes a need for the draft which opens options up a bit.

Just hope we can still keep Williams or Mongo. Williams for me if we have to choose 1.

Well done Beane.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Genius... you made one post related to DE and then a few minutes later a separate post related to OL... it wasn’t either or when you wrote it... I read what you wrote and was able to comprehend it.. obviously you weren’t.... 

Two posts talking about two positions.. clearly articulated in both posts

Why is this difficult for you? Honestly 

OL and pass rushers are more Valuable and if this deals excludes us from top tier pass rushers or keeping the OL intact then in my opinion it wasn’t warranted 

again what can’t you figure out 

24 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I am absolutely shocked by this. He probably could have gotten more on the open market. What a time to be alive. Players taking less money to stay in Buffalo?!?

I don’t think he took less. This was market value after Tb signed their arguably better , just a litter older lb, to a 2 year 24 mil extension.  That set the market and Milanos team prob knew that. Better to get guarantees and stay in system geared around his talents. Grass is never greener elsewhere unless it’s a huge difference in green$ !   This was market value and Beane benefitted by the market being set for him. Good surprising deal: opens up options for 30 pic to edge, cb2, best tackle or top interior o lineman available. If etienne fell there tho I would mimic Reid / kc who showed value OF CEH in their already potent offense.  SHOULD NEVER PASS ON EXCEPTIONAL offense weapons to augment Allen’s talent.  Guy is our focus and think how good our play action could have been with a run game that was effective.  We could ride with a top 10-15 d if our o keeps the avg / game around 27/ 30 ppg.  Easier to augment our o than completely fix d issues in one off season. 

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Trust me on this one,  too much and we could have upgraded the position with a couple million more.  Milano would have not received an offer close to this on open market with the flood of players being released and low cap number of 183mll.  I will be right again,  just like when i said we should have drafted Metcalf or signing Murphy would be a total bust or our defense was not good enough to make to to the SUPER BOWL.  End of the day we still don't have anyone to cover Kelce or other TE'S in this league which we were worse in the NFL at doing,  paying Milano more is not changing the result of that. Right now we have one big play maker on defense and that is White,  we needed to add at least one of two this offseason and that does not look like it will happen.  

Another one of those “I’m always right” guys... go get a job with a NFL team then... guys who are always right are a hot commodity. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

All I’m gonna say is if this stops you from keeping a good Ol together or signing one of the elite pass rushers then beane misplayed this 

a guy like Milano is nice but not nearly as valuable or impactful as the positions mentioned above 

I think you're confusing "impact" with "stats."

Milano is one of the most important players on defense and isn't the type of LB that's easily replaceable.

Incredibly glad we resigned him  :beer:

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

We've always gone for the low cost olineman in free agency with McBeane except when signed Morse. 

However in this case I think it might be more a matter of the depth in the Draft

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Happy to have him back but not so happy about $11M per. Will have to see how this breaks down in terms of yearly cap numbers. I think a pass rusher and TE are still more important than Milano. You could argue the OL is more important as well. 

The cap number have been posted like 5x 2 pages ago?

I'm pretty happy about this. Didn't think there was a chance we would re-sign him. Talk about avoiding a hole to be plugged by the draft. If Milano had left we'd pretty much have been locked in to a 1-3 rd LB. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jerboski said:

Two posts talking about two positions.. clearly articulated in both posts

Why is this difficult for you? Honestly 

OL and pass rushers are more Valuable and if this deals excludes us from top tier pass rushers or keeping the OL intact then in my opinion it wasn’t warranted 

again what can’t you figure out 

It wasn’t clearly articulated... first you decided it was going to impede us from signing a pass rusher... and whined about that. Then you wanted to double up and decided it was going to impede us from signing an OL... and whined about that separately. 

You didn’t need two separate posts. 

No... a T is more valuable... G/C is not more valuable than LB. Good offensive line play is valuable... very rarely are the individual positions outside of LT... I’m not sure why you can’t figure that out... 

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think you're confusing "impact" with "stats."

Milano is one of the most important players on defense and isn't the type of LB that's easily replaceable.

Incredibly glad we resigned him  :beer:

We will see.... we saw this defense get shredded numerous times this year and clearly had issues sacking the qb and stopping the run, all of this with Milano