Bills sign Matt Milano to 4 yr, 44 mill deal with 24 mill gtd

4 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

to be honest it also may speak of the player. i think he is an odd duck. he has some sort of vow of poverty. im not making it up.

There was an article about him and his minimalistic tendencies a few years ago. Can't say I've heard of a vow of poverty though.

EDIT: here it is

An excerpt:

“In his bedroom, he has a clothes rack, and that’s where his clothes are, on the rack, no dresser, no nothing. And a mattress on the floor,” Milano’s dad, Mike, said. “It’s hysterical.”

Milano acknowledges his lifestyle is an anomaly in a day and age of instant gratification and a culture built on materialism.

“It’s kind of weird at first,” Milano said. “People come into my apartment and they’re like, ‘Where’s everything?’ But you don’t really need it all.

“I just try to keep it to a minimum. A minimum is better. Once you start getting too much stuff in your life, your mind gets cluttered, your head gets cluttered, you can’t think straight on the field, so I just try to eliminate all distractions as much as possible.”

Milano never had a pet.

If his place burned down, he’d “just pack my bag real quick and get out of there,” he said. “On the move!”

Edited by junior12thman92
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is FANTASTIC news!!!

Milano has been one of Buffalo's most consistent players (when on the field... and yes, that's the issue) over the last few years and I think there was a case to be made that he was one of our best 2 defenders this past season.

This move demonstrates that Beane and McDermott meant it when they said they wanted to keep their homegrown talent, which is precisely what Milano is.  

Love this move by the wizard Brandon Beane!!!

Me too loving this move. Beane is truly a wizard!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

to be honest it also may speak of the player. i think he is an odd duck. he has some sort of vow of poverty. im not making it up.

A 44 million dollar contract is not a vow of poverty he may live a very simple life but it also does show how much a guy who could have pretty much gone anywhere liked what was happening here 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

David is also much better than Kwon Alexander, Anthony Barr, Myles Jack, Cj Mosley, Zack Cunningham, Shaq Thompson and Jaylon Smith......who are all getting paid more.  

How many QBs are getting paid less than Dak?  How many of those QBs are better than Dak?

Being better means nothing in free agency. The Jets or browns were gonna pay Milano big bucks.

Milano was not going to get more than David... David does everything better that Milano excels at and just came off a dominating playoff performance where he killed the chiefs screen game and checked Kelce

I see your point but David was also going to get big bucks from the browns but he chose to stay with the champs 

• Eyeroll 1

Happy to have him back but not so happy about $11M per. Will have to see how this breaks down in terms of yearly cap numbers. I think a pass rusher and TE are still more important than Milano. You could argue the OL is more important as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Happy to have him back but not so happy about $11M per. Will have to see how this breaks down in terms of yearly cap numbers. I think a pass rusher and TE are still more important than Milano. You could argue the OL is more important as well. 

If it is closer to 6 to 7 this year okay but 11 for a year, Milano isn’t worth that in a tough cap where we are trying to compete for a bowl 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Jerboski said:

pretty obvious where I stand on this... 

yeah... you’re just crusading... what are you upset it’s costing us? DE or OL?

You made two separate posts.. one related to each position... figure it out... you just wanted to whine and gave it two shots... 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Jerboski said:

If it is closer to 6 to 7 this year okay but 11 for a year, Milano isn’t worth that in a tough cap where we are trying to compete for a bowl 

It's 7 this year.  10-11 is the going rate for LBs like Milano. He's paid right where he should be. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

yeah... you’re just crusading... what are you upset it’s costing us? DE or OL?

You made two separate posts related to each position... figure it out... you just wanted to whine and gave it two shots... 

either one... again very simple to read what I wrote 

if it costs you keeping the OL OR(notice this word, it’s crucial to the point) an elite pass rusher it was a bad move 

crusade nothing, you win big in this league with elite OL, Qb play and pass rush... it’s very simple and common knowledge 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's 7 this year.  10-11 is the going rate for LBs like Milano. He's paid right where he should be. 

I’m good with 7

22 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Way too much and very disappointing for a an very average player,  

Trust me on this one,  too much and we could have upgraded the position with a couple million more.  Milano would have not received an offer close to this on open market with the flood of players being released and low cap number of 183mll.  I will be right again,  just like when i said we should have drafted Metcalf or signing Murphy would be a total bust or our defense was not good enough to make to to the SUPER BOWL.  End of the day we still don't have anyone to cover Kelce or other TE'S in this league which we were worse in the NFL at doing,  paying Milano more is not changing the result of that. Right now we have one big play maker on defense and that is White,  we needed to add at least one of two this offseason and that does not look like it will happen.  

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2