Bills sign Matt Milano to 4 yr, 44 mill deal with 24 mill gtd

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Pretty front loaded, interesting decision.  It’s similar to what they have been doing a lot, going for early outs and eating the cap hit up front.  A little surprised they went that route given the current cap situation.

8M cap hit in 21 for a close to elite LB is incredibly good business.

49 minutes ago, boater said:

With all the positional needs we have, the salary cap was already tight. Now that Milano takes a big bite out of the salary cap, will there be enough left to cover another major contract (Allen) plus free agent signings and the draft class.

Allen's contract extension will hit the next cap. His base will remain the same. They'll work it so his cap hit won't rise above what it is, but he'll still be able to pocket 10-15M in signing bonus, plus get about 35-40M a year for 6-8 years.

18 hours ago, noacls said:

Bills numbers against TE in 2020 including playoffs:

Targets: 178

Catches: 123

Yards: 1275

APC: 10.37

TD: 11

Don't let facts get in the way of your opinion. LOL

Looks like you are the one that's clueless. 

You have presented no facts that support your opinion.  You posted a video of Milano missing a tackle, as if every player in any NFL history has not missed tackles.  What exactly was that supposed to prove?  I have watched him for four years.  The guy makes plays, much more often than not.  

Your stats above indicate the Bills defense was vulnerable to tight ends.  What a revelation, as if we all did not know that already.  You suppose that is due to Milano?  How so?  The Bills play a base zone coverage scheme.  What percentage of this plays was Milano specifically targeted, or even in the field? Do you somehow suppose he was the culprit in all those completions?  This is, to put it politely, a ridiculous use of statistics, showing no understanding of the game behind them.

Finally, your rant in multiple posts seemed to indicate that by “over paying” Milano the Bills would have to forego signing Williams who you deemed more important.  Guess what- not true.

the Bills are a better team when Milano in playing and virtually everyone understands that, except you apparently.  

Yes, you are clueless.   

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, mbs said:

I mean say he gets 7 this year with a significant bonus  if he starts 12 games (or some corresponding number of snaps or tackles). Since he started 11? last year, that bonus is "not likely to be earned" and thus would be accounted for in the next season when they presumably have much more money. That way they can add more ramp-up to his year over year which I think is otherwise limited. (LIke you can't pay min one year 20 mill the next.)

I was on the fence about him at 11m (11-12 happy whatever they did) but this deal looks really good to me regardless of the bonus structure.

11/16=69%  They shifted a half million to next year.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Need an upgrade at OG - maybe 2

I hate drafting OGs in rd 1 but your boy Wyatt Davis could be just what our OL needs.  

dream scenario for me is trading down twice and out of rd 1, giving us 2 picks in rd 2 and 2 (or 3) picks in rd 3.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hate drafting OGs in rd 1 but your boy Wyatt Davis could be just what our OL needs.  

dream scenario for me is trading down twice and out of rd 1, giving us 2 picks in rd 2 and 2 (or 3) picks in rd 3.  

Trading out of the first and getting 2 second round picks is my ideal! 

• Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, Big Turk said:

GM's must have a VERY good idea that the cap is going to explode over the next 3 years...some have said it could approach or possibly even exceed $300 million in 5 years...

Someone speculated on this with Jerry Jones having no issue signing Prescott to that huge contract because in a few years that will be a bargain for QBs based on the cap going up so much.

When that happens expect a lot of holdouts from players who feel they are being underpaid even if they restructured getting the money up front.