Bills sign Matt Milano to 4 yr, 44 mill deal with 24 mill gtd

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Milano's cap hit this year is only 5 million. So don't count out D.Williams. I think Mongo or D.Williams is out but I wouldn't be shocked to see them push hard for D.Williams. You don't want to have to rely on a rookie. 

Tampa Bay did it.  

Just sayin......

9 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Defense had little to do with that,  if i recall Kelce and Mahomes played catch with Milano in the middle.  Sean said they needed to improve their pass rush,  not sure how this would help

Yes because the draft in free agency are over today

Edited by John from Riverside

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

A lot of these free agents sign big deals, get put in bad positions and wind up getting axed after under performing.

Yes that's traditionally how it goes when the Bills sign a free agent.

Not as much anymore, but the Sabres are working double time to make up for the shortfall.

9 minutes ago, TH3 said:

You are the one who wants to close the gap with the Chiefs.....Williams was horrible in that game.....and as much as he was solid....some great coach said “Give me a team of guys on the last year of their contract...I’ll win the championship”....my fear with Williams is he is a big contract from mediocrity.....Signing him likely likely much more costly than Milano and would have blocked out even more cap....

I am pretty sure I will go with GM of the year✌️

So let’s bounce Williams for one bad game when he played exceptional for the majority of the year and was pivotal to our offense and keeping Allen upright but let’s pay Milano who didn’t impact the chiefs game at all and the defense was down according to expectations for the majority of the year 

makes logical sense 

5 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Wow man ok let’s try again 

priority is to win the super bowl, To do so we need to overtake the chiefs... I thought this was a known but I’ll make sure I clearly articulate this 

To do this we need to keep the franchise healthy and rolling so why we wouldn’t prioritize keeping the RT who kept Allen upright seems weird to me, if his price has gone way up then okay I can be convinced we had to let him go but I don’t like the notion that we will just draft one and that it will all just be okay 

2. Our defense struggled to get to the passer last year consistently, this defense got shredded in 2 of the 3 playoff games with Milano in the lineup so I’m not convinced at all resigning him for 11M properly addresses the defense and helps us achieve any of the goals I just mentioned with a down cap year 

IF milano’s contract prevents us from getting Williams or an elite pass rusher I think it was a bad decision 

is that not crystal clear 

Not it’s not crystal clear because it’s inconsistent with your first two posts in this thread... you talked about impact on getting a pass rusher first and then followed up with a totally different post about pass rusher or OL... 

Its your fault not mine... try again 

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Way too much and very disappointing for a an very good to average player,  

GO

AWAY!

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

LMAO,  he signed for less because he had no offers coming on open market that would have been better.  

HEY Einstein! Free Agency hasn’t even begun. Did I encourage you to go away? Just in case

GO AWAY!

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Explain how that works.. free agency hasn’t started (open market) nor has the tampering period... are you saying with all your infinite wisdom that every team in the NFL egregiously tampers in free agency? 

Medication. He doesn’t take them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Defense had little to do with that,  if i recall Kelce and Mahomes played catch with Milano in the middle.  Sean said they needed to improve their pass rush,  not sure how this would help

I don’t know ND, just maybe not having a massive hole in your LB Corp might be helpful in some way or another..., anyway, Beane is not winging this, he has a plan A, B, and C, with multiple backup plans as needed, he is doing a damn good job, By the way how did that WRs team do that you wanted so badly? It’s never about one guy, it’s about how all the pieces fit and work together. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Not it’s not crystal clear because it’s inconsistent with your first two posts in this thread... you talked about impact on getting a pass rusher first and then followed up with a totally different post about pass rusher or OL... 

Its your fault not mine... try again 

Dude it’s both hence two posts about it... and many more

good grief 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Wow I guess my hopes came true lol. Although I wonder if he didn’t see anything in the market that appealed him enough to leave

I kind of wonder if the Bills were "crazy like a Fox" to extend Hyde, and he's been saying the same kind of things to teammates that he said on his interview.  He can say of visiting FA "I bet you're sorry now you didn't visit Buffalo and now you're playing on a crappy team" but the message could be clear to FA too.  Maybe Milano decided he could "make do" with an $11M yacht instead of playing for a poor or rebuilding team for $12-$13.

1 hour ago, Jerboski said:

No chance of that... David is a much better player 

David took lower than market to stay with the Bucs

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Beane you mf'er

"Big Baller Beane"

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I kind of wonder if the Bills were "crazy like a Fox" to extend Hyde, and he's been saying the same kind of things to teammates that he said on his interview.  He can say of visiting FA "I bet you're sorry now you didn't visit Buffalo and now you're playing on a crappy team" but the message could be clear to FA too.  Maybe Milano decided he could "make do" with an $11M yacht instead of playing for a poor or rebuilding team for $12-$13.

David took lower than market to stay with the Bucs

"Big Baller Beane"

Yep he wants to run it back with the same squad 

Just now, Jerboski said:

Dude it’s both hence two posts about it... and many more

good grief 

You told me you were clear and consistent... you very clearly weren’t. 

Need I go back? Plenty of people agree with me and you’re garnering support from a notorious troll... tough hill to die on. 

7 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

So let’s bounce Williams for one bad game when he played exceptional for the majority of the year and was pivotal to our offense and keeping Allen upright but let’s pay Milano who didn’t impact the chiefs game at all and the defense was down according to expectations for the majority of the year 

makes logical sense 

Let’s bounce Milano for one bad game then too? 

The defense was down according to expectations WHEN Milano didn’t play lol. Second half of the season when he was entirely healthy they were a top 10 defense by DVOA... 

This thread is 99% rational people saying: “wow! This is great to get s top end player back for cheaper than he could have gotten elsewhere. I hope we do more good things to improve our team” 

and 1% mouth breather crying that the sky is falling. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

This thread is 99% rational people saying: “wow! This is great to get s top end player back for cheaper than he could have gotten elsewhere. I hope we do more good things to improve our team” 

and 1% mouth breather crying that the sky is falling. 

Yeah but he’s just some Jerboni…

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I don’t believe his cap number has been announced, but it won’t be $11 million. They will give a bonus of $10-15 milliiin and back loads salaries. I’d guess his cap number for next year will come in at about $7 million. 

My guess would be a bit higher than that.  Per Sal contract includes roster, playing time, workout, and pro-bowl bonuses.

Amount Sal mentioned comes to $31.6M

Probably $0.5M in per game roster bonus and $0.25M workout or something like that.  $8M maybe.