Bills sign Matt Milano to 4 yr, 44 mill deal with 24 mill gtd

56 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Does this take you out of the game for 

Lawson 

hendrickson 

Yannick 

if so bad move by beane... we need pass rushers not guys who can barely stop the run, not a passing rushing threat and decent at coverage (but overhyped)

Kicks me off the Zaven Collins train

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I agree. But it's tough to predict. I thought they would go cheap at LB. Maybe they decided not to pick up Edmunds option. 

At some point someone was getting paid at LB. 

For sure. Trust me, I love him as a player.  I just thought with some of the tough decisions with contracts, if you had to lose someone, I would have been “ok” with the OLB who has some injury concerns. 

but guy is a playmaker and we are better with him in the lineup.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

He also shut down Mark Andrews

True...  Milano isn’t awful, quite good actually 

but the colts ran the ball and hit passes over the middle all day long on us 

kelce and the chiefs screen game shredded us

isnt this supposed to be what Milano is paid to stop? 

again this isn’t to tear down Milano, it’s more a discussion of how to spend limited resources and I question if Milano is someone you want to pay 10+ A year for... I don’t see it 

Just now, Jerboski said:

again this isn’t to tear down Milano, it’s more a discussion of how to spend limited resources and I question if Milano is someone you want to pay 10+ A year for... I don’t see it 

i felt like they used milano more as a pass rusher. edmunds didnt do anything in zone defending pass d

Just now, Jerboski said:

What you are saying is very short sighted with all due respect.

In those games, the bills played a lot of zone. (As per they usually do)

You are making it seem like Milano was responsible for covering Kelce 1 on 1 and had coverage on jack doyle 1 on 1.

That is simply not the case and so much goes into a zone defence.

He also rushed the passer on multiple occasions in those instances.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Cost two OL for a guy who made no impact in the chiefs game 

keep the Ol together, you don’t pay linebackers like Milano who can’t rush the passer, marginal in run support 

Who was wearing Milano's jersey on sack of Ben Roethlisberger?

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/matt-milano-sacks-ben-roethlisberger-bills-vs-steelers

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

What you are saying is very short sighted with all due respect.

In those games, the bills played a lot of zone. (As per they usually do)

You are making it seem like Milano was responsible for covering Kelce 1 on 1 and had coverage on jack doyle 1 on 1.

That is simply not the case and so much goes into a zone defence.

He also rushed the passer on multiple occasions in those instances.

He isn’t solely responsible but him and Edmunds are primarily tasked to take that stuff away and they didn’t 

did tremaine add to this, of course but it wasn’t like Milano was creating negative plays or stopping them either 

I like that we retained Milano.  Now I'm hoping the Bills develop competitive LB depth such that LB3 isn't a huge talent drop-off.  Klein can do some nice things, but he's not the LB3 with decent coverage ability we need.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The first bit of Bills inside info I’ve ever received turned out to be a sham.  My buddy has a relative who works on the Bills Strength and Conditioning team.  He told me that the players, coaches and FO views Milanos body being as a ticking bomb, 

apparently not.  

love the Italian Stallion, kid just needs to stay healthy. 

It’s basically a 2 year deal (if we choose). Maybe they want to keep Milano and Edmunds together through Edmunds’ 5th year option, then decide which one to keep.

Deal seems structured where we have 2 years to find and groom his replacement.  2 drafts to hope a nice BPA falls into our lap at the position.  Gives Beane time, and a nice contributor to the D

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jerboski said:

He isn’t solely responsible but him and Edmunds are primarily tasked to take that stuff away and they didn’t 

did tremaine add to this, of course but it wasn’t like Milano was creating negative plays or stopping them either 

Defensive line has a huge impact.

If you get no pressure with a zone defence, you can have Brian urlacher and Patrick Willis as your linebackers and it wouldn’t matter much.

Especially against rivers and Mahomes 

8 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Against the Colts they were fine for the most part... I mean they held a top 10 offense to 24 points didn’t they? Folks still don’t want to acknowledge the Colts were probably the 3rd best team in the AFC and we matched up horribly with them. It was a below average performance. Then they went out and smacked around the reigning MVP for 3 quarters coming off of the biggest win of his career. Then they were seriously overmatched by KC. 

You solution is to not pay Milano, create a hole there and then what? Sign a DE or OL? You said either or... so then what do we do if we are-sign Williams... then we have no impact DE or Milano on defense and still can’t stop the Chiefs... anything else? 

If you can get Williams at let’s say 10M a year, you are now good at the tackles spot which we just previously agreed was important 

now if there is anything left which there should be you can put that towards one of the pass rushers (quite a list) surely we can get one 

then in the draft you can find the replacement for Milano, it is much easier to find a linebacker to fill his role than impact pass rushers and proven tackles 

josh Allen is the franchise, asking a rookie RT and Cody Ford at RG doesn’t give me thrills if you know what I mean but hey Milano is back so it is what it is 

24 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Signing still gets us NO WHERE close to beating the chiefs 

True but it also prevents another hole needing to be addressed. Now we ca focus in edge, cb2 , and most importantly fixing that o line with its terrible run blocking scheme.   Can’t take steps back while everyone else has huge cap room ( in our division) to catch us. Great market value fell in place with need so this is win * win. Need to hold ground we have have achieved and now build on it. Can’t keep thinking all guys are easily replaced. Milano has been here and grown. That has value as a leader. More so than a one year guy like Williams for example. I think we can replace him with lots of guys coming available with cap purges or perhaps Beane even now can keep him and work on interior line and edge.  Big issue is one less hole to fill and it was done with our own guy who does make a difference in this scheme.