Bills sign Matt Milano to 4 yr, 44 mill deal with 24 mill gtd

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Will we pay two linebackers?  I wonder if this means anything later down the road with Edmunds.

I'd still trigger the 5th year option on Edmunds. It's only $12M in 2022 when the cap will be higher. He has a lot to prove, imo, but I'm not ready to give up on the dude. He is the same age as Epenesa. I know it's cliche at this point, but I do want to see if he can take another step still.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Cost two OL for a guy who made no impact in the chiefs game 

keep the Ol together, you don’t pay linebackers like Milano who can’t rush the passer, marginal in run support 

You are entitled to your opinion.....but I will wait until the whole situation plays out

Williams was the top RT in free agency.....and he might be getting stupid money offers....and this is a strong OT draft

5 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

We will see.... we saw this defense get shredded numerous times this year and clearly had issues sacking the qb and stopping the run, all of this with Milano 

Holy crap dude now you're crusading with your revisionist's history!

The Bills were 3-3 with Milano out of the lineup and gave up an average of 30 points and just under 400 yards per game.

By contrast, with Milano in the lineup the Bills were 12-1 and gave up an average of 20 points and 330 yards per game.

If you're trolling, go away.

If you really believe the crap you're spewing, go watch the impact he has on the games and the effect he has on the game even away from the ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Governor said:

Bye Edmunds.

And that would be a mistake and hope that isn’t the case. Tre is a full four years younger and plays a much more difficult position. And I think he would be an absolute beast if we move him to OLB if they decided to move him. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Holy crap dude now you're crusading with your revisionist's history!

The Bills were 3-3 with Milano out of the lineup and gave up an average of 30 points and just under 400 yards per game.

By contrast, with Milano in the lineup the Bills were 12-1 and gave up an average of 20 points and 330 yards per game.

If you're trolling, go away.

If you really believe the crap you're spewing, go watch the impact he has on the games and the effect he has on the game even away from the ball.

My crusade is pay pass rushers and OL, Milano isn’t closing the gap with the chiefs. We saw them in the playoffs, 2 out of 3 games the defense was shredded 

Pay elite pass rushers or corners, coverage linebackers at 11M a year not unless your last name is David 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And that would be a mistake and hope that isn’t the case. Tre is a full four years younger and plays a much more difficult position. And I think he would be an absolute beast if we move him to OLB if they decided to move him. 

This... 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

True. I just think an OLB is a lot easier position to transition to than a lot of other positions. 

I agree. But it's tough to predict. I thought they would go cheap at LB. Maybe they decided not to pick up Edmunds option. 

At some point someone was getting paid at LB. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I'm riding Edmunds out as long as I can to see what he can grow into. We'll see where he is at in 2023.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

True. I just think an OLB is a lot easier position to transition to than a lot of other positions. 

im not sure if it is in McD’s defense. 

I would have preferred Williams at a good price vs. Milano at a good price, just cause of how important keeping josh safe is.

That being said, this is a good price for Milano, and the 7-9m per that is an actual good price for Williams will likely be much lower than he gets. 

1 hour ago, Jerboski said:

If this costs you Williams at RT or one of the big pass rushers then I don’t understand this 

Milano is a nice player but he got torched against kC and doesn’t impact the game enough to cost us chances at Williams or an elite pass rushers 

He also shut down Mark Andrews

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Chiefs two games, how did the defense look? How did the defense look against the colts?

3 playoff games, they were pitiful in two of them but yes let’s pay Milano and keep it going 

Against the Colts they were fine for the most part... I mean they held a top 10 offense to 24 points didn’t they? Folks still don’t want to acknowledge the Colts were probably the 3rd best team in the AFC and we matched up horribly with them. It was a below average performance. Then they went out and smacked around the reigning MVP for 3 quarters coming off of the biggest win of his career. Then they were seriously overmatched by KC. 

You solution is to not pay Milano, create a hole there and then what? Sign a DE or OL? You said either or... so then what do we do if we are-sign Williams... then we have no impact DE or Milano on defense and still can’t stop the Chiefs... anything else? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd still trigger the 5th year option on Edmunds. It's only $12M in 2022 when the cap will be higher. He has a lot to prove, imo, but I'm not ready to give up on the dude. He is the same age as Epenesa. I know it's cliche at this point, but I do want to see if he can take another step still.

I just wonder of that bigger bodies 1-Tech makes a difference.

• Like (+1) 1