Bills sign Matt Milano to 4 yr, 44 mill deal with 24 mill gtd

2 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

11 million 

852E246A-3C39-4482-A8D8-9EF1F3F3D8D1.jpeg

I think this has his guaranteed money as his signing bonus. 4yr $44M deal and the lowest hit is $11.3M makes no sense. The signing bonus should be $7M total, instead of 24, so that $6M number each year should be $1.75M instead. His cap hit this year will be about $7M

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

LMAO,  he signed for less because he had no offers coming on open market that would have been better.  

Explain how that works.. free agency hasn’t started (open market) nor has the tampering period... are you saying with all your infinite wisdom that every team in the NFL egregiously tampers in free agency? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Milano's cap hit this year is only 5 million. So don't count out D.Williams. I think Mongo or D.Williams is out but I wouldn't be shocked to see them push hard for D.Williams. You don't want to have to rely on a rookie. 

I get that. But OT at 30 seems like a value pick this year. I wouldn't mind young bookends locked up for several years. jmo

• Agree 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

I mean, whatever picture that guy above is using as his source to claim everyone is wrong has a 50 million + contract if you add the totals. Imma guess he’s wrong. 

Spotrac is often wrong when a contract first hits. They clean it up as they go.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Spotrac is often wrong this early in the news cycle on a new signing. Looks like they calculated a $24M signing bonus, when what is being reported is a $7M signing bonus and $24M guaranteed over the life of the contract.

Or the report of the $7M signing bonus is wrong, but that number seems more right than $24M

Thanks for being able to read and connect the dots... 

Some people man... some people 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Spotrac is often wrong this early in the news cycle on a new signing. Looks like they calculated a $24M signing bonus, when what is being reported is a $7M signing bonus and $24M guaranteed over the life of the contract.

Or the report of the $7M signing bonus is wrong, but that number seems more right than $24M

The reported contract always seems more, initially, than the actual numbers...

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Explain how that works.. free agency hasn’t started (open market) nor has the tampering period... are you saying with all your infinite wisdom that every team in the NFL egregiously tampers in free agency? 

His agent probably did makes some back door feelers as tampering occurs in all sports. So the offer is probably based off a rough estimate of his value. But still it has to be a deal he felt comfortable with and one the team liked too.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm not telling you the Bills will have a solution to these problems you cite, but linebacker was in no case going to be the solution.  Pressuring the QB in stopping the run are primarily front-four issues in this defense.   

I agree it isn’t going to solve the issue so that’s why I question spending 11M a year on a guy who doesn’t impact those issues when this free agency class has a lot of pass rushers and possible OL who could help 

Milano is a good dude and good player but again committing 11M a year to a player not playing a high value position can be questioned 

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Thanks for being able to read and connect the dots... 

Some people man... some people 

Some people what?? Just because some question if this amount money for this type of linebacker makes the most sense, my question is why aren’t you asking the same question 

did you not watch this defense for the majority of the season or in two games against the chiefs 

• Vomit 1

I guess I'm ok with this.  Mid-season I posted it would be better to keep Milano than Edmunds so I won't back track too much.  It's an ok move but does nothing to solve the pass rush issues.  It eats up a little cap space but is one less hole to fill in the draft.  I'd still want Williams back over Milano but the dollar figure for Milano is not too bad.  Just difficult to get too excited knowing that they need to get better not stay status quo on defense.  But I also know they have FA and the draft to get better so I am willing to take a wait and see approach. 

Beane at least did the right thing with Butler and Jefferson.  Now I say cut Addison, sign Thuney and draft OT and 4 front 7 defenders.