Bills sign Matt Milano to 4 yr, 44 mill deal with 24 mill gtd

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This says it all about this franchise the top free agent linebacker doesn’t even bother sniffing the tampering period which is only 4 days away and he takes a very team friendly deal 

to be honest it also may speak of the player. i think he is an odd duck. he has some sort of vow of poverty. im not making it up.

• Like (+1) 1

This is FANTASTIC news!!!

Milano has been one of Buffalo's most consistent players (when on the field... and yes, that's the issue) over the last few years and I think there was a case to be made that he was one of our best 2 defenders this past season.

This move demonstrates that Beane and McDermott meant it when they said they wanted to keep their homegrown talent, which is precisely what Milano is.  

Love this move by the wizard Brandon Beane!!!

• Like (+1) 7

24 minutes ago, davspo said:

Spotrac projected a 13.8 mil average. 

I keep seeing this, I dont think Spotrac took into account the massive pandemic that just hit the NFL.

You are going to see a lot of deals that are wow! mainly because teams have little cap space this year.

most deals are going to be heavily backloaded so that cap hit is minimal this year and skyrockets in the final years.

Banking on cap going up 10-15 per year the next few years. 

25 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I am absolutely shocked by this. He probably could have gotten more on the open market. What a time to be alive. Players taking less money to stay in Buffalo?!?

exactly. i think an episode of the twilight zone started this way

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

No chance of that... David is a much better player 

David is also much better than Kwon Alexander, Anthony Barr, Myles Jack, Cj Mosley, Zack Cunningham, Shaq Thompson and Jaylon Smith......who are all getting paid more.  

How many QBs are getting paid less than Dak?  How many of those QBs are better than Dak?

Being better means nothing in free agency. The Jets or browns were gonna pay Milano big bucks.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6

17 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Does this take you out of the game for 

Lawson 

hendrickson 

Yannick 

if so bad move by beane... we need pass rushers not guys who can barely stop the run, not a passing rushing threat and decent at coverage (but overhyped)

14 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

All I’m gonna say is if this stops you from keeping a good Ol together or signing one of the elite pass rushers then beane misplayed this 

a guy like Milano is nice but not nearly as valuable or impactful as the positions mentioned above 

Which one is it dude?

Figure it out... 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

to be honest it also may speak of the player. i think he is an odd duck. he has some sort of vow of poverty. im not making it up.

Yeah, he's a minimalist. There was a whole article about it a while back. Very interesting.