Bills sign Matt Milano to 4 yr, 44 mill deal with 24 mill gtd

I like him more than Edmunds.  Puts the pressure on Edmunds this year for sure.  

I still think we draft a LB, need Edmunds replacement. 

That, or Bean knows cap will go up and he can keep them both. 

One less hole for the immediate season.  

The first bit of Bills inside info I’ve ever received turned out to be a sham.  My buddy has a relative who works on the Bills Strength and Conditioning team.  He told me that the players, coaches and FO views Milanos body being as a ticking bomb, 

apparently not.  

love the Italian Stallion, kid just needs to stay healthy. 

It’s basically a 2 year deal (if we choose). Maybe they want to keep Milano and Edmunds together through Edmunds’ 5th year option, then decide which one to keep.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

Does this take you out of the game for 

Lawson 

hendrickson 

Yannick 

if so bad move by beane... we need pass rushers not guys who can barely stop the run, not a passing rushing threat and decent at coverage (but overhyped)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Dislike 1

I was a bit apprehensive of the Brown cut without trying to restructure. But it makes way more sense now. Brown never would have taken a pay cut to move enough money to Milano. 

As long as he stays healthy I am pumped. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh yes absolutely. I think he was $12.5 to $13.5 mill AAV on the open market

interesting he did so many years.  Not sure he gets that much this year with the reduced cap, but the back years I'm sure he could have gotten more.  Perhaps he didn't want to risk it, and injury history.  

• Disagree 1

For years we flipped out because we draft, develop, and then let players leave. Now we are keeping who they think is part of the core intact and people seem upset because we might not have money for top tiered free agents. Nothing to hate about keeping Milano around and no matter how you look at it he probably left money on the table to stay here. 

• Like (+1) 16
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Looking like about 7 million on the cap this year.  

That is not a big number on this years cap and going forward there will not be a big dead cap number tied to him as only $1.75mm per year pro-rated signing bonus.

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I'll wait to see how it's structured, but my guess is this won't be too painful to get out of if need be down the road. Solid price for a good player though.

Taking into account concerns about his injury history, maybe something like this:

Year 1 - 12 mil, 12 guaranteed

Year 2 - 11 mil, 8 guaranteed

Year 3 - 11 mil, 4 guaranteed

Year 4 - 10 mil

EDIT - yeah, makes sense that the first two years are a lower amount with the reduced cap.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

How? Money is tight 

Come on, you know how!

They can still restructure a few players contracts, and they have not made a decision on Mario Addison yet.

Plenty of time to free up more cap before free agency starts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Come on, you know how!

They can still restructure a few players contracts, and they have not made a decision on Mario Addison yet.

Plenty of time to free up more cap before free agency starts.

All I’m gonna say is if this stops you from keeping a good Ol together or signing one of the elite pass rushers then beane misplayed this 

a guy like Milano is nice but not nearly as valuable or impactful as the positions mentioned above 

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1