Round 1 Updated Mock Draft - Last Stab At It Before The Draft (Page 4)

H2o

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Every draft analyst/film guy  I’ve listened to has said this same thing. It just makes no sense that they would invest 3 first rounders in Jones. The fact that the national media guys like Schefter and kiper keep parrotting it tells me it won’t happen. Someone is purposely feeding it to them. Just like someone told mort to go on tv last night and talk about how Justin fields played baseball so that hurt his mechanics 🤣. This pre draft media stuff is hilarious. 

:lol: That is stupid. John Elway, Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, all baseball guys as well.  

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

:lol: That is stupid. John Elway, Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, all baseball guys as well.  

He hasn’t even played baseball since 2018. Mort goes on Tv and said he wa going to play baseball at Ohio state and was going back and forth between those sports this year... it’s a straight up lie. Someone must have told him to say that and he needed fact checked. Just like Mcshay said a nfl guy told him he had only 7 throws this season  that were beyond his 1st read ... and Ben solak was like “that’s impossible” so he watched the film and it was also a straight up lie. It was 42.   Don’t believe what these guys are saying on tv. There are clearly teams not in the position to draft him who are trying to get him to fall. A tale as old as time, for the gullible. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Yeah the baseball thing isn't working out great for Pat Mahomes either... 🙄

Some of the stuff that comes out of these bobble-heads' mouths is hilarious. 

• Agree 1

Just now, H2o said:

Some of the stuff that comes out of these bobble-heads' mouths is hilarious. 

It's 99.9% marketing and hype. Mel Kiper's schtick for the past 15 years has always been about driving attention to the actual draft coverage -- I'm convinced that it's no coincidence that weekly he'd highlight a few "sleepers slipping into the first round" (who would ultimately end up getting drafted in the 4th or 5th) to keep interest throughout the whole broadcast.

More recently it's all about clicks, eyeballs, social media interactions, etc. but all the same premise -- who cares about being right until the day before/day-of when you can drive discussion for the months leading up to it (and simply erase any blatantly/purposely wrong takes with a more accurate report right before the actual event!)?

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

It's 99.9% marketing and hype. Mel Kiper's schtick for the past 15 years has always been about driving attention to the actual draft coverage -- I'm convinced that it's no coincidence that weekly he'd highlight a few "sleepers slipping into the first round" (who would ultimately end up getting drafted in the 4th or 5th) to keep interest throughout the whole broadcast.

More recently it's all about clicks, eyeballs, social media interactions, etc. but all the same premise -- who cares about being right until the day before/day-of when you can drive discussion for the months leading up to it (and simply erase any blatantly/purposely wrong takes with a more accurate report right before the actual event!)?

I’m positive they are trying to troll people with this fields stuff so people tune in to see “what are they going to say today??”

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’m positive they are trying to troll people with this fields stuff so people tune in to see “what are they going to say today??”

Could be part of it. I think there's also a lot of smoke around it -- whether from a fire or a smokescreen, we'll see. But I've seen a few theories out there about the 9ers putting it out there to manipulate other teams/leverage Jimmy G, etc. We may never know the full truth, and I tend to agree that Fields will (or should) be the pick too, but the Shanahans have never been afraid of going against the grain, and certainly the 9ers FO isn't afraid to go different either.

One theory I have is that the narrative around Jones is true, but that they'd also prefer to not spend the #3 pick on him, so putting it out there in hopes that whoever trades for #4 is willing to juice it up just a little more and come up to 3 (the 9ers have made several of those "one pick back" trades recently)... 

At any rate I'm excited to find out!

29 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Could be part of it. I think there's also a lot of smoke around it -- whether from a fire or a smokescreen, we'll see. But I've seen a few theories out there about the 9ers putting it out there to manipulate other teams/leverage Jimmy G, etc. We may never know the full truth, and I tend to agree that Fields will (or should) be the pick too, but the Shanahans have never been afraid of going against the grain, and certainly the 9ers FO isn't afraid to go different either.

One theory I have is that the narrative around Jones is true, but that they'd also prefer to not spend the #3 pick on him, so putting it out there in hopes that whoever trades for #4 is willing to juice it up just a little more and come up to 3 (the 9ers have made several of those "one pick back" trades recently)... 

At any rate I'm excited to find out!

The local Niners media seems convinced it is fields. Surprised there isn’t more Lance love there. 

17 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Watching Lance’s pro day - his arm is really lively.  Like Allen’s.  Would have to think he’ll be the pick at 3.

Fields is a straight up better passer right now and more athletic too, but Lance sees the game better both as a passer and a runner IMO. Thought it was interesting that @GunnerBill said he thought Fields is a better scheme fit for Shanahan; it seems like everyone else I've read (and my opinion as well) that Lance already runs a lot similar concepts to Shanahan's offense while Fields does not. I would tend to think nobody outside of Lawrence fits Shanahan's scheme better than Lance to be honest. At any rate, I agree with most of the people here that it's between the two of them at #3. I don't know where Mac will be drafted but I would tend to think he'll slide a bit on draft night.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Fields is a straight up better passer right now and more athletic too, but Lance sees the game better both as a passer and a runner IMO. Thought it was interesting that @GunnerBill said he thought Fields is a better scheme fit for Shanahan; it seems like everyone else I've read (and my opinion as well) that Lance already runs a lot similar concepts to Shanahan's offense while Fields does not. I would tend to think nobody outside of Lawrence fits Shanahan's scheme better than Lance to be honest. At any rate, I agree with most of the people here that it's between the two of them at #3. I don't know where Mac will be drafted but I would tend to think he'll slide a bit on draft night.

I think Lance is a bit too much of a freelancer for Shanahan's scheme. Everyone talks about Shanahan's "success" with RGIII but he actually frustrated the life out of him and he always had a hankering for a bit of Kirk Cousins. I felt the same when Watson was being linked with a trade to San Fran before his legal dramas... yes he can do the roll outs and the boots and the stuff Shanny likes his Quarterback to do outside of the pocket but Shanahan wants the ball going where it is designed to go every time. He believes if a Quarterback just plays his system and goes with the read it will work. The coaches from that tree all have that what I call "scheme arrogance." Rick Dennison had it here too. It was a reason he got frustrated enough with Tyrod that he campaigned for Peterman. He wanted a guy who could be trusted to play within the system and not freelance. I think Fields has the arm to make all the throws. I think he can play within a structure. Where he needs most development to me is in reading the full field. He was rarely asked to at Ohio State and I think he is slightly behind the 8 ball in that regard coming into the league. But Shanny is the best in the business at creating single defender reads. That is the way to have success with Fields early. Narrow his reads down and compensate for his less developed field vision. I think Lance could go there and play there and be successful too. But I suspect there would be times he would leave Kyle muttering into his headset "just run the play the way I drew it up." 

But I am also in the Fields or Lance and Mac is a smokescreen camp. I am sticking with it being Fields, but Lance would surprise me a lot less than Jones. And if Mac doesn't go at #3..... where does he go? Patriots at #15? Maybe. Bears at #20? Possible. After that the Steelers and the Saints are in play but so is a slide into the early part of day 2. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Lance is a bit too much of a freelancer for Shanahan's scheme. Everyone talks about Shanahan's "success" with RGIII but he actually frustrated the life out of him and he always had a hankering for a bit of Kirk Cousins. I felt the same when Watson was being linked with a trade to San Fran before his legal dramas... yes he can do the roll outs and the boots and the stuff Shanny likes his Quarterback to do outside of the pocket but Shanahan wants the ball going where it is designed to go every time. He believes if a Quarterback just plays his system and goes with the read it will work. The coaches from that tree all have that what I call "scheme arrogance." Rick Dennison had it here too. It was a reason he got frustrated enough with Tyrod that he campaigned for Peterman. He wanted a guy who could be trusted to play within the system and not freelance. I think Fields has the arm to make all the throws. I think he can play within a structure. Where he needs most development to me is in reading the full field. He was rarely asked to at Ohio State and I think he is slightly behind the 8 ball in that regard coming into the league. But Shanny is the best in the business at creating single defender reads. That is the way to have success with Fields early. Narrow his reads down and compensate for his less developed field vision. I think Lance could go there and play there and be successful too. But I suspect there would be times he would leave Kyle muttering into his headset "just run the play the way I drew it up." 

But I am also in the Fields or Lance and Mac is a smokescreen camp. I am sticking with it being Fields, but Lance would surprise me a lot less than Jones. And if Mac doesn't go at #3..... where does he go? Patriots at #15? Maybe. Bears at #20? Possible. After that the Steelers and the Saints are in play but so is a slide into the early part of day 2. 

Yeah, I mean, I'm on the record as not wanting to take Mac before the 3rd round but I'm sure someone will get desperate and take him in the 1st somewhere. I haven't gotten to Trask, Mills, Mond, etc. yet but I'm curious to see if one of them ends up earning a higher grade from me than Mac; I suspect at least one of them will.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, I mean, I'm on the record as not wanting to take Mac before the 3rd round but I'm sure someone will get desperate and take him in the 1st somewhere. I haven't gotten to Trask, Mills, Mond, etc. yet but I'm curious to see if one of them ends up earning a higher grade from me than Mac; I suspect at least one of them will.

I've done Trask. He doesn't from me. I've not looked at Mills (I would like to if I get time) or Mond (saw him play on TV a couple of times and meh...)

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The local Niners media seems convinced it is fields. Surprised there isn’t more Lance love there. 

Doesn’t Fields have a relationship with KS? It seems like a no brainer that he is going there.

I feel like all the talk that states otherwise is just talking heads trying to stay relevant. 

Edited by CommonCents

4 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Doesn’t Fields have a relationship with KS? It seems like a no brainer that he is going there.

I feel like all the talk that states otherwise is just talking heads trying to stay relevant. 

Yes,  Kyle coached him at the QB Collective camp. That was a few years ago but Kyle has been talking very closely with Jon beck recently who is Justin’s version of Jordan Palmer/personal qb coach. So the workout he did yesterday incorporated a lot of shanahan concepts purposely even though other teams were there. Beck is also working with Zach Wilson and just started working with lance. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, the final one this year. Full 1st Round and then a full Bills mock at the end.  

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence / QB / Clemson - I think this pick is a forgone conclusion despite some people "liking" or talking up Wilson more than TL. The Jaguars haven't been stable at QB since Mark Brunell and that was a LOOOOOONG time ago. Sunshine has all the tools you look for in a QB and will fit in well in the Sunshine State. *** Again, No Change, this is a definite ***

2. New York Jets - Zach Wilson / QB / BYU - Well, I hoped the Jets would believe in Sam Darnold and avoid taking Wilson. That didn't happen. I really like Wilson as a prospect and didn't want him to get drafted by the Jets. Here we are. We'll see how Douglas builds around him, but this is a smart move by the Jets. *** Again, No Change ***

3. San Francisco 49ers (via Miami) - Mac Jones / QB / Alabama - So, in my first mock I had SF taking the same QB @ #12. He is absolutely the quintessential Shanahan QB. They must have known something I didn't to feel they had to move up this far to take him. But at the same time this team doesn't have many holes, especially getting all those players back from IR. The only thing I have to add is SF doesn't give an actual f*** about what all of us Armchair GM's think, they're still taking their guy @ #3. *** Again, No Change in pick ***

4. Atlanta Falcons - Kyle Pitts / TE / Florida - I know there is a lot of talk surrounding Julio and this is leading some to think they are taking Chase here. But if you think about it, why are the Falcons worried about a Salary Cap dump at this point? Also, if they are going to get rid of Jones, it won't be cost effective until after June 1, 2021. I can't see Arthur Smith and Dave Ragone being on board with this. I think the pick here will be Pitts because Ryan has always loved his TE's and Pitts would be the best he's hand since Anthony Gonzales. Atlanta makes this move to be able to get the most out of Ryan's last couple of years in Atlanta.  *** Previously Justin Fields ***

5. Cincinnati Bengals - Ja'Marr Chase / WR / LSU - This one is tough, but I think Burrow is campaigning for this guy hard. I could understand the argument for Sewell here, but my gut keeps pulling me back to Chase. I really think the relationship he has with Burrow and the chemistry they displayed in 2019 is the determining factor. There will be no learning curve between the two and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Chase ends up OROY for 2021. *** Previously Penei Sewell ***

6. Miami Dolphins (via Philadelphia) - Penei Sewell / OT / Oregon - They moved Ereck Flowers and are said to be kicking Hunt inside to G. Tua needs to be kept upright to remain healthy and be successful. There have also been reports about Sewell training to play RT as well. He's athletic enough that he will be effective from either side. So if Tua doesn't pan out then he could be switched to LT down the road just the same. They pass on a playmaking WR here to shore up the OL.  *** Previously Jaylen Waddle ***

7. Detroit Lions Jaylen Waddle / WR / Alabama - Goff is going to need weapons in Detroit if they expect him to succeed (same reasoning as the first two selections). Everyone is looking for a Tyreke Hill type of playmaker. Waddle has the potential to be that at WR and he can contribute in the return game. *** Previously Ja'Marr Chase ***  

8. Carolina Panthers - Rashawn Slater / OT / Northwestern - The Panthers currently have no LT worthy of a starting position. Slater will be just that. Sam had no protection to speak of in NY. Carolina is going to do their best to put him in a position to be able to succeed. *** Previously Christian Darrisaw @ #20 after a trade with Chicago ***

9. Denver Broncos Micah Parsons / LB / Penn St. - Parsons will excel in this Fangio defense manning the ILB position. He's athletic, knows how to shed blocks, is effective blitzing the QB, makes plays against the run, and he can cover. I still see this as the perfect landing spot for Parsons. *** No Change *** 

10. Dallas Cowboys Patrick Surtain II / CB / Alabama - The Cowboys biggest team need hands down is CB. Surtain, Caleb Farley, and Jaycee Horn are neck and neck for the title of best CB in this draft. Surtain played extremely well for Alabama for 3 years and against the nation's best in the SEC. Dallas makes the right decision here. *** No Change ***

11. New York Giants - DeVonta Smith / WR / Alabama - The remaking of the offense continues. Last year Danny Dimes had 0 weapons after Barkley was lost for the season. Now they've added Golladay and DeVonta Smith. Put these two with Sterling Shepard and you have a nice trio of WR's to go along with Evan Engram @ TE. I know there are some concerns about Smith's size, but it's not like he's Tutu Atwell small or anything. *** Previously Kyle Pitts ***

12. Philadelphia Eagles - Jaycee Horn / CB / South Carolina - The Eagles see the top group of WR's as well as Pitts off of the board so they take one of the top CB's in this draft to play opposite of Darius Slay. I think Horn will fit right in with that Seattle-esque Cover 3 type of scheme that Gannon likes to employ. *** Previously DeVonta Smith ***

13. Washington Football Team (via LA Chargers) - Trey Lance / QB / North Dakota St. - Washington gives up #19 and #51 to get to #13. At this spot Washington gets their QB of the future who can sit behind the bearded one for a year to learn the NFL game. Lance has everything you look for talent wise in a QB. This is the perfect situation for him where there will be no pressure and he has one of the best mentors he could ask for. *** Previously Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah @ #19 ***

14. Minnesota Vikings Jaelan Phillips / DE / Miami - Minnesota had Hunter get hurt, traded for Ngakoue, and then traded Ngakoue. They know edge rusher is a need and get an excellent prospect here. Phillips already put a good year of film together in Miami after taking a year off. Size, speed, a blend of moves, good bend off of the edge, and he plays the run well. You really couldn't ask for much more even though you don't like the thought of head injuries derailing him. Minnesota thinks the talent is well worth the risk. *** No Change ***

15. New England Patriots - Justin Fields / QB / Ohio St. - New England is obviously on the hunt for the long term answer @ QB and Fields falls right into their lap. The question now is will Fields succeed at the next level? They have Cam so I would expect Fields to be on the bench early in the year. But if Cam's play last year carries over, I fully expect to see Fields take over at some point. *** Previously Alijah Vera-Tucker ***

16. Arizona Cardinals Azeez Ojulari / DE-OLB / Georgia - Arizona will be looking to replace the production lost via FA in Haason Reddick and Chandler Jones isn't getting any younger either. Ojulari had an insane pass rush win rate this year for Georgia at 24.3% and will fit into this Arizona scheme well. *** No Change ***

17. Las Vegas Raiders - Caleb Farley / CB / Virginia Tech - Mayock is a former DB and is all over this pick (just like previously with Jaycee Horn). According to all the reports Caleb Farley has checked out fine medically. He's big, strong, athletic, and a ball hawk at the position. He's going to conjure up memories of Nnamdi Asomugha for Raiders' fans. *** Previously Jaycee Horn ***

18. Miami Dolphins - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah / LB / Notre Dame - The Dolphins need LB help and JOK is a 3-Down LB in today's NFL. They will use him to blitz off of the edge, drop in coverage, and he will be allowed to roam underneath to shoot gaps making plays in run defense. *** Previously Zaven Collins *** 

19. LA Chargers (via Washington Football Team) - Alijah Vera-Tucker / OT / USC - The Chargers have a ton of picks, but can't pass up one of the top OT's on the board here even after a trade down with WFT. They have their Franchise QB and the goal is to protect him. Vera-Tucker also has some versatility to play multiple positions on the OL. *** Previously Rashawn Slater ***

20. Chicago Bears - Greg Newsome II / CB / Northwestern - This hole was created when they released Kyle Fuller for cap reasons. Newsome is a prospect with every bit of the talent you look for in a perimeter CB. He has size, length, is fluid, and aggressive going after the football. He will be a Day 1 starter for this team without question. *** Previously Trey Lance @ #8 ***

21. Indianapolis Colts Liam Eichenberg / OT / Notre Dame - Yep, moving Eichenberg up into the 1st Round in this one. The Colts don't really have too many needs as a team if they get solid QB play from Wentz back under the tutelage of Frank Reich. They do have a need at LT though with Castonzo retiring. I know some people question Eichenberg's athleticism to play LT in the NFL, but giving up no sacks since 9/29/2018 and only 4 QB hits tells me he can get it done. Couple that with the fact he will be lined up beside arguably the best G in the NFL in Quenton Nelson (fellow ND alum) and I think he will be just fine. *** No Change *** 

22. Tennessee Titans - Christian Darrisaw / OT / Virginia Tech - The Titans drafted Isaiah Wilson last year and we have all seen how that played out. This year they go back to the OT well again in the 1st Round getting a good prospect from Virginia Tech in Darrisaw.  *** Previously Kadarius Toney ***

23. New York Jets Najee Harris / RB / Alabama - New York has an offense devoid of talent all over. They get their QB1 @ #2 and then get their RB1 @ #23 in the First Round. *** No Change, I still see this happening *** 

24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Kwity Paye / DE / Michigan - With Bud Dupree walking in FA the Steelers will need someone else to line opposite TJ Watt who can get after it. Paye fits that bill and slides in right here. *** No Change ***

25. Jacksonville Jaguars Travis Etienne / RB / Clemson - How do you help the comfort level of your newly selected Franchise QB @ #1? You take a guy who was his teammate for 3 years and is a perfect fit for the offensive system you are about to install. Some will say this is too high for Etienne, but don't be surprised when this happens. *** No Change, same as with Harris to the Jets (sorry Bills fans, there will be no trade up for a RB)***

26. Cleveland Browns - Christian Barmore / DT / Alabama - The release of Sheldon Richardson swings the pendulum this way for Cleveland. Barmore is widely regarded as the top DT prospect in this draft. He will also have plenty of opportunities as opposing OL's are always having to account for Myles Garrett. This is a good spot for Barmore. A place where he will immediately slot into the starting lineup and have the ability to make an impact. *** Previously Gregory Rousseau ***

27. Baltimore Ravens - Trevon Moehrig / S / TCU - Baltimore now has two 1st Round picks thanks to the Orlando Brown trade. Here they go true BPA and select Moehrig. One of my favorite players in this draft, and the Jim Thorpe Award winner, Moehrig can do it all. Last year Baltimore had the Earl Thomas fiasco and Moehrig is the supremely talented replacement a year later. Zone coverage, Man coverage, in the box against the run, blitzing off of the edge, anything you want out of a S he can give you. *** Previously Joseph Ossai ***

28. New Orleans Saints - Elijah Moore / WR / Ole Miss - Emmanuel Sanders is now on the Bills and it's not clear what they have outside of Michael Thomas. Moore is the guy they select to slide right into that Emmanuel Sanders spot. He's a homerun threat that is also a solid route runner. Jameis or Taysom will need more weapons if they are to be successful. *** Previously Christian Barmore *** 

29. Green Bay Packers Terrace Marshall Jr. / WR / LSU - The Packers finally decide to get Aaron Rodgers another weapon in the WR group. Even with the fall-off in QB play at LSU this year he still amassed 48 rec for 731 yds and 7 TD's in 7 games without Jefferson or Chase to take any heat off of him. Imo, he is a star in the making. *** No Change ***

30. Buffalo Bills - Asante Samuel Jr / CB / Florida St.  - Some people will say this is a reach, but I think Beane gave us a hint in his Zoom meeting. He said they can draft a guy who doesn't have to be an immediate starter basically. We have CB depth on this roster, but no true long term #2 CB to line up across from Tre. Levi is on a 1 year deal and not the answer imo. Taron Johnson is also going into the last year of his deal as the slot CB. I like what I have seen thus far out of Dane, but is he really a starting quality perimeter CB? This is a move more about the future than it is the present, but I also believe he will contribute at some capacity this year. *** Previously Caleb Farley ***

31. Baltimore Ravens - Teven Jenkins / OT / Oklahoma St. - The Ravens traded Orlando Brown to the Chiefs for this pick and then use it to grab a RT who perfectly fits into their offensive system. This one is too easy. *** Newly Acquired Pick ***

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Levi Onwuzurike / DT / Washington - The interior DL for Tampa could use an infusion of young talent. They re-signed Suh on a 1 year deal, but is 34 years old. He's a disruptor and solid run defender who would fit in nicely as a rotational piece up front, then step into a full time role in 2022. *** Previously Teven Jenkins *** 

Buffalo Bills Complete Mock Draft:

30. Buffalo Bills - Asante Samuel Jr / CB / Florida St.  - Some people will say this is a reach, but I think Beane gave us a hint in his Zoom meeting. He said they can draft a guy who doesn't have to be an immediate starter basically. We have CB depth on this roster, but no true long term #2 CB to line up across from Tre. Levi is on a 1 year deal and not the answer imo. Taron Johnson is also going into the last year of his deal as the slot CB. I like what I have seen thus far out of Dane, but is he really a starting quality perimeter CB? This is a move more about the future than it is the present, but I also believe he will contribute at some capacity this year. *** Previously Caleb Farley ***

61. Payton Turner / DE / Houston - Turner seems like a "Process" guy to me. He's intelligent, has a non-stop motor, and does everything well. With his size he also has that kick inside ability on passing downs. This pick makes sense to me.

93. Tommy Tremble / TE / Notre Dame - Tremble is a gifted athlete who was grossly underutilized at Notre Dame in the passing game. He'll need to be coached a bit on his route running, but he is an extremely good blocker and has athletic traits you can't teach. 

161. Khyiris Tonga / DT / BYU - Tonga is our 1-Tech for upcoming life after Star and will surely see some playing time. It's obvious we needed to add more depth at the position after the debacle that was last year. 

174. Demetric Felton / RB-WR / UCLA - Felton could be our James White type of player. He played both RB and WR at UCLA. He would easily slot in as our 3rd Down back to start off and could contribute with some carries as well. 

213. Marquez Stevenson / WR / Houston - I think this would be good value here to take a shot on the burner out of Houston. 

236. Tariq Thompson / S / San Diego St. - Thompson is depth at S who also has the ability to match up with Slot WR's in the NFL. He's not really great at anything, but is solid in coverage and solid against the run. He would have some time to learn from two of the best and grow over the next 4 years.

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2

• H2o changed the title to Round 1 Updated Mock Draft - Last Stab At It Before The Draft (Page 4)
17 minutes ago, H2o said:

Buffalo Bills Complete Mock Draft:

61. Payton Turner / DE / Houston - Turner seems like a "Process" guy to me. He's intelligent, has a non-stop motor, and does everything well. With his size he also has that kick inside ability on passing downs. This pick makes sense to me.

93. Tommy Tremble / TE / Notre Dame - Tremble is a gifted athlete who was grossly underutilized at Notre Dame in the passing game. He'll need to be coached a bit on his route running, but he is an extremely good blocker and has athletic traits you can't teach. 

161. Khyiris Tonga / DT / BYU - Tonga is our 1-Tech for upcoming life after Star and will surely see some playing time. It's obvious we needed to add more depth at the position after the debacle that was last year. 

174. Demetric Felton / RB-WR / UCLA - Felton could be our James White type of player. He played both RB and WR at UCLA. He would easily slot in as our 3rd Down back to start off and could contribute with some carries as well. 

213. Marquez Stevenson / WR / Houston - I think this would be good value here to take a shot on the burner out of Houston. 

236. Tariq Thompson / S / San Diego St. - Thompson is depth at S who also has the ability to match up with Slot WR's in the NFL. He's not really great at anything, but is solid in coverage and solid against the run. He would have some time to learn from two of the best and grow over the next 4 years.

I'm not the one who knows if these players a slotted/worthwhile at their pick #'s but I do like the position/perceived talent mix a lot!

I think the Bills can forego 1 year in not drafting an OL player.  Next year is soon enough to restock the positions with the exception of

maybe a C/G.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, H2o said:

Alright, the final one this year. Full 1st Round and then a full Bills mock at the end.  

Lot of work to put this together, nice job. Really only 3 thoughts:

• I have a very hard time seeing Denver pass on not 1 but 2 potential QBs of the future for a LB. 
  • I think PIT is a virtual lock to go OL 
  • I'll be super disappointed if its Samuel at 30. It's buying the last car on the lot because we don't want to go to another...
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Lot of work to put this together, nice job. Really only 3 thoughts:

• I have a very hard time seeing Denver pass on not 1 but 2 potential QBs of the future for a LB. 
  • I think PIT is a virtual lock to go OL 
  • I'll be super disappointed if its Samuel at 30. It's buying the last car on the lot because we don't want to go to another...

I would be even more disappointed with Oweh and that was my other thought as to the direction the Bills might go. I know we've had a couple of meetings with Samuel so I put him there instead. 

• Like (+1) 1