John Brown wonders if Bills’ Josh Allen had any input on release

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I simply stated fact don’t you think he would be still there if he cut his salary? 

I have been saying since the Chiefs loss that you need to lean on the medical staff evaluation of Brown, as he has been injured a lot last season, and even when he has played he hasnt looked as sharp as 2019...

If they arent sure about him being the same player as 2019, then I think you move on completely.. Maybe this is what happened.. maybe not.. like a lot of things discussed here we will never know the full story...

If they thought he could have been that player he was in 2019,then yes I would have liked to have brought him back at a discount for one more year...

24 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Out of interest his agent is Ex player Dave Butz...

See he also acts for Stefon Gilmore so maybe his focus has been on his future trade ...and he has dropped he ball by not getting onto Beane earlier to offer a paycut or pass the news of the paycut offer through to Smoke...

Might not be a multi tasker...

I was thinking there could be the possibility his agent may not have passed on information because the agent may have thought Brown would not have taken it well. 

The agent is probably telling Brown to lay low and shut up now.  This does not look good for Brown.

5 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I got a sense Bills did not even ask him about taking a cut - that is why it was a surprise to him. Guess the cap situation is such that they dont have even 4-5 mill for Brown. It is the mid-level squeeze.

His agent should have been in contact with the Bills, not waiting for the Bills to reach out.   Everyone could see the writing on the wall.  I would look at my own representation.   Not to offer a pay cut but at least ask about the Bills plans.  

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

The agent is probably telling Brown to lay low and shut up now.  This does not look good for Brown.

Yeah I agree that its not great brown talking publicly when he is still butthurt... Its part of the business and Brown has been around long enough to know how it all works.

• Like (+1) 1

If the agent was offered a pay cut and didn't pass the info onto Brown, or didn't approach the Bills about their intentions during which convo they would have said pay cut or be cut, Brown should fire him.  I don't see him getting even half of what he would have made with the Bills on the open market.

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I simply stated fact don’t you think he would be still there if he cut his salary? 

I personally think the Bills had priorities that put him lower down their list, even if he took a $2M hit like Morse did.

I think the Bills had a long hard look at which defenses took away Brown and how, and decided he's a valuable player during the regular season, but not the guy to help them take that next championship step.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

“Like, I don’t know if they gave Josh Allen input on it,” said Brown.  “He should have had input.  Or, if he did have input I thought he would want me to stay.” 

Dissect this all you want he's saying Josh didn't advocate for him.

This would be the first time in the history of the NFL a #2 WR (3 actually) called out the QB publicly for his release.

Millennials.  The youngest of which are 27-30 years old now.  Does that make it make sense?  

That's all I got.     

The good news is Gen Z doesn't seem anywhere near as entitled.  Just my opinion.  That will bode well for sports.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This would be the first time in the history of the NFL a #2 WR (3 actually) called out the QB publicly for his release.

If he expected Josh to advocate for him in terms of cap/roster/salary decisions, his expectations were misplaced.

Josh was offered the chance to advocate publicly for two of the guys who keep him upright, Feliciano and Williams, and he said lots of great things about them as players and as people, then said very clearly that the contract stuff was not his decision.

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Millennials.  The youngest of which are 27-30 years old now.  Does that make it make sense?  

That's all I got.     

The good news is Gen Z doesn't seem anywhere near as entitled.  Just my opinion.  That will bode well for sports.  

He wasn't blaming Josh.  He said that Josh must not have been consulted.

11 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

All I know is the Allen camp was asking for a number one before diggs and didn’t believe brown was it 

Now he might have liked him as a number 2 and maybe wanted him to stay but Beane decided it wasn’t worth the cash 

We have a Number 2...Beasley:wub:

6 hours ago, Doc said:

If the agent was offered a pay cut and didn't pass the info onto Brown, or didn't approach the Bills about their intentions during which convo they would have said pay cut or be cut, Brown should fire him.  I don't see him getting even half of what he would have made with the Bills on the open market.

I could be wrong, but I think that is illegal. Not only should Brown fire him, Brown could sue him.