John Brown wonders if Bills’ Josh Allen had any input on release

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I don't know, it could have been, "we would like you to take a pay cut," and that was all that was communicated, and the Agent/Brown are now claiming this was not a "heads up."  

Possibly but Brown has been around a while... sure he knows the score by now...

I don't think a restructure or a pay cut was ever on the table. The Bills are trying to get younger at the position, that's all. Brown didn't do enough last season to justify keep him even after recovering from the injury. I'm expecting the Bills to draft another WR in the first 3 rounds. That WR plus Davis will be the #2. I could see Beasley having an increased role this year too.

That’s just frustration talking. Josh Allen has no say and I’d bet he’s sad to see JB leave. 

Brown never looked the same after coming back from injury last year. He looked gimpy every time I saw him run. I’m not convinced he hasn’t permanently lost a half step, but I wish him all the best, regardless. 

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

100% ridiculous notion.

Brown is in his feelings a bit. Too soon to be doing interviews with those fresh post-cut emotions running.

It's a business. He'll get over it.

Getting cut from a really good team while you aren't really being overpaid has to sting. It sucks. I'm not really a fan of the direction they've taken to create cap space so far. They still need a John Brown type receiver.

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s just frustration talking. Josh Allen has no say and I’d bet he’s sad to see JB leave. 

Brown never looked the same after coming back from injury last year. He looked gimpy every time I saw him run. I’m not convinced he hasn’t permanently lost a half step, but I wish him all the best, regardless. 

Tbf neither did Beasley. Neither of those guys were close to 100% when they returned.

Edited by Boxcar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Brandon Beane: Hey Josh, how do you feel about John Brown? 

Josh Allen:

image.png.74cd46a3cb3a92c06001beaf5c8561d7.png

C'Mon, Man.  Josh loves all his guys. 

As a raw young QB who just completed his first good year in the league, Josh should not have (and I don't believe would expect) input into player personnel prioritizations.

I don't think a restructure was ever on the table either. 1. Gabe Davis needs to be the #3 WR. You cant be paying John Brown big bucks to sit on the bench. Davis is proof that you can find good young WRs even in the 4th rd. And Diggs, Beasley and Davis are a pretty good 3some to start with.

30 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Never played for Carolina so he didn’t qualify for a pay cut..... Honestly not sure. Maybe they are targeting someone better and more reliable such as Samuel(at least I can hope/dream). Beane loves his draft picks so perhaps he is thinking of just sliding Davis into his slot. A move I wouldn’t like for a team with SB aspirations in 2021. 

Where is the reaction icon for a dead horse?

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

100% ridiculous notion.

Brown is in his feelings a bit. Too soon to be doing interviews with those fresh post-cut emotions running.

It's a business. He'll get over it.

Totally agree. It has to hurt being cut and then being asked about it.. too soon. Smoke is a good guy, solid presence in the locker room and mentor for the new guys. He'll get a job and contribute wherever he ends up. When we went 5-0 without him while at the same time  struggling against the run and not getting to the QB. That makes it easy to see where we need to spend our money. I wish JB every success and thanks for all he did for the Bills while he was here.  

Edited by ProcessAccepted
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DefenseWins said:

I don't think a restructure was ever on the table either. 1. Gabe Davis needs to be the #3 WR. You cant be paying John Brown big bucks to sit on the bench. Davis is proof that you can find good young WRs even in the 4th rd. And Diggs, Beasley and Davis are a pretty good 3some to start with.

I don't think Davis can replace Brown, but I hope I'm wrong.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As a raw young QB who just completed his first good year in the league, Josh should not have (and I don't believe would expect) input into player personnel prioritizations.

I know I just think it's funny John Brown actually implied that maybe Josh Allen had something to do with it. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Josh is obviously just one of the guys in the locker room and buddies with everyone.

He is not your typical aloof Brady/Rogers,  but this could be a potential downside when these tough decisions get made and  the aggrieved party is left wondering why their good buddy Josh didn’t do something..

6 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Getting cut from a really good team while you aren't really being overpaid has to sting. It sucks. I'm not really a fan of the direction they've taken to create cap space so far. They still need a John Brown type receiver.

Tbf neither did Beasley. Neither of those guys were close to 100% when they returned.

I think they've done a great job so far. 

With this cap being what it is, you can't have money tied up in a luxury DT and an older Speed WR (especially when you have a young guy primed to step into the #2 role).  They re-negotiated Butler's deal and locked up a young/ST linebacker in Andre Smith for below market rate and extended Micah Hyde.  

No complaints right now.

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

So his agent is not doing his job initiating the discussion.  Got it.

That's a big assumption to make from that statement. Maybe he did reach out and the Bills werent interested in restructuring because they need evry penny of his cap hit back.