Brandon Beane at Clemson pro day

After reviewing some of the information from the Pro Day, I think I'm now in the camp that says if Bills go Etienne, I would prefer it be a 3rd Round or later pick. I know that he most likely won't last that long, but if the Bills were to take a RB at 30, it would seem that RB would need to be of the Jonathon Taylor variety. Taylor ran a 4.39 and had a 36" Vertical, although a shorter Broad Jump. 

Etienne looks the part but since there isn't the elite physical traits to pair with collegiate production at the RB position, I think I'd rather the Bills either go with a different RB or simply wait until the 2nd / 3rd Round again. 

I'll be dissapointed if we take Etienne in the first. 

He is dynamic in the open field but to me he struggles between the tackles and really needs space to thrive. I think he has poor vision and 4.45 at a bloated water filled 215 is not that impressive. Z Moss ran a 4.52 at 219 pounds and he is ripped. 

There is a reason he didn't run with his shirt off. He won't he weighing 215 in the NFLand is a more natural 205 guy. 

Had Etienne ran a sub 4.40 id be more impressed but im not. 

Edited by DJB

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If they make the wrong decision and take a running back early I hope they at least don't put the process on "Bills embedded" like when Beane hungrily jumped up for Cody Ford.    Passing on DK and AJ (oh and Elgton Jenkins @Logic) was bad enough.    This isn't 1988.......taking a RB early is a BAD play.    

How many different ways and for how long are you going to say this same thing in every single Beane oriented thread? Asking for a friend😂 you’re as bad as I am when it comes to this technique... 👍

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If they make the wrong decision and take a running back early I hope they at least don't put the process on "Bills embedded" like when Beane hungrily jumped up for Cody Ford.    Passing on DK and AJ (oh and Elgton Jenkins @Logic) was bad enough.    This isn't 1988.......taking a RB early is a BAD play.    

1.) Your ongoing petty obsession with me is strange. 

2.) Elgton Jenkins made the Pro Bowl in 2020. It’s funny that you think my wishing the Bills had drafted a Pro Bowl guard is anything other than completely reasonable. If you don’t think a Pro Bowl guard would help the Bills right now, then you don’t have a firm grasp on team needs. 

Now go ahead and insert your “laugh” emoji, since smiley face troll jobs are more in your wheelhouse than adult discussion and reasoned debate.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmm...wonder who would be there, on the Bills hehalf, if Beane is at Clemson.

Only reason I ask, I work at the University and my office is in a hotel on campus.  There are a bunch of NFL people here for the event... I know some Bears brass is here.  Not sure how many Bills scouts I would recognize, unless they were wearing Bills gear of some sort.

Just now, Buftex said:

Only reason I ask, I work at the University and my office is in a hotel on campus.  There are a bunch of NFL people here for the event... I know some Bears brass is here.  Not sure how many Bills scouts I would recognize, unless they were wearing Bills gear of some sort.

I think you need to find the Bills Scouts and harass them for information on behalf of TBD...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I think you need to find the Bills Scouts and harass them for information on behalf of TBD...

Funny... a couple of years ago I ran into Marc Trestman, when he was winding down his disastrous career as Bears head-coach.  My best friend is a huge Bears fan.  I asked him to autograph something, which he did.  As he was signing, he chuckled and said something to the effect "well, I am sure this will make your friend's day"...sort of sarcastically.   It was funny...my buddy actually hated him!

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Joe Schoen, lake Dawson or Terrance Gray  possibly. Or one of the coaches 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jimmy10 said:

Detroit. No surprise there. 

Clemson must not have any players too high on getting punched in the face and then biting knee caps on the way back up. 

6 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Watkins was a good receiver but a cream puff with injuries and Spiller I never had fond memories of. 

We also drafted spiller and watson to be the foundation of the franchise.  AnyRB at 30 isnt the foundation of the franchise, they are just a piece of the puzzle to push it over the hump.  (Look at KC with their draft last year)  

3 hours ago, Estro said:

Amari Rodgers 😍

I just profiled him in a separate topic.  Really love his fit in our offense.  It's time to find some younger, cheaper juice for this offense and keep adding weapons for Josh.

I felt that way early in the season but not now.   And I didn't love the reps at the Senior Bowl.  

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You are aware the Chiefs played in the Super Bowl AFTER selecting a RB in the first round last year right? 

1) They WON the Super Bowl the year BEFORE selecting that RB.

2) He had the same ypc as Devin Singletary last season (4.4) and he was a non-factor in the playoffs. 

3) Now the Chiefs just cut their two starting tackles and are letting their starting center walk in UFA.........they could have made better use of that late but still premium pick.  

RB's are a bad investment.

• Like (+1) 1