Brandon Beane at Clemson pro day

32 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If they make the wrong decision and take a running back early I hope they at least don't put the process on "Bills embedded" like when Beane hungrily jumped up for Cody Ford.    Passing on DK and AJ (oh and Elgton Jenkins @Logic) was bad enough.    This isn't 1988.......taking a RB early is a BAD play.    

Have to believe they are seriously considering Etienne.  Taking a RB in rounds 1-3 three years in a row has to be unprecedented - and they'd better have a running game for the ages to show for it if they go that route.

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Have to believe they are seriously considering Etienne.  Taking a RB in rounds 1-3 three years in a row has to be unprecedented - and they'd better have a running game for the ages to show for it if they go that route.

I watched every Clemson game this year and Etienne looked like he'd already lost something.      He went from 7.8 ypc down to 5.4 ypc and seemed to just not be able to blow by that first tackler like he had early in his career.   I wasn't impressed.    

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They won't be SB caliber for long if they draft for need and ignore positional value.

I was thrilled when the Chiefs took CEH in round 1 last year........RB availability does not move the Vegas line for a reason.

As fun as it is to see a RB who can break a few long ones and average over 5 yards per carry..........your average pass attempt should be 7-8 yards if you have a good QB.

Handing the ball off is not your best play as much as a necessity to do a certain % of the time.........and that fraction of a yard difference between an average one and an outstanding one just isn't that impactful over the course of a season.   

You are aware the Chiefs played in the Super Bowl AFTER selecting a RB in the first round last year right? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I watched every Clemson game this year and Etienne looked like he'd already lost something.      He went from 7.8 ypc down to 5.4 ypc and seemed to just not be able to blow by that first tackler like he had early in his career.   I wasn't impressed.    

I feel like his interior blocking was a significant factor in that but I definitely know where you're coming from.

I went into draft season with Etienne in mind as RB1 but there was less snap-to-snap consistency last season. Not having Lawrence in for a couple of games and teams selling out on stopping the run didn't help but any kind of regression gives me pause for thought.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Watch yourself there mister! I’m still tinkering with how to build a real bully...

rex_ryan2.PNG

'Build a bully' my keister.  More likely 'build a bully beef sammich' for my calorically overindulgent brother.  Check his coat pockets for snacks taken from the hospitality table. 🤨

• Haha (+1) 1

I have no idea what kind of pro Etienne will be.  I'd be hesitant to take him at 30 - That said, I do think his upside is Kamara with better acceleration...

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

We also need to talk about America universally adopting "built like a brick shithouse" as a unit of measurement.

Usually, we just say "house"

Seems insulting to add the "*****"

Like "He's built like a brick house....but the kind that's full of *****"

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That vert is bad for Etienne and Rodgers.........Allen's placement on passes to RB's is not one of his better attributes........and Singletary(35" vert) has a bigger catch radius than Etienne.

image.png

well Singletary is 5 7".   and Etienne is 5 10".  so that would be incorrect. 

• Thank you (+1) 2