EDIT: All Chiefs OL leaving cause who wants to play for that garbage team anyways. Formerly: Chiefs cut both starting tackles.

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Yup. He's coming off injury but was a dominant RT. 

If Williams doesn't work out , Schwartz would be a nice signing.  His brother Geoff is a Bills hater though. Always bad mouthing Buf on Twitter. He really pisses me off sometimes 

He does that to pretty much all fan bases lol. Saints have been his latest target, making fun of their cap hell and the fact that Taysom Hill is their 3rd highest paid player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

How’s that any different than the rest of the working world? Ages ago I was cut from the bank I worked at one week before the annual bonus, and two weeks before Christmas, and that was after exceeding all my scheduled performance goals..., life is like that...

The rest of the world you can work for 30 + years. These guys have a very limited window. And you can not fire people who were inured while working. There are workplace rules for that in almost every industry but NFL gets to play by different rules. 

I don’t want the MLB or NBA fully guaranteed model where you can't cut guys for poor play. But there should be more protection for guys that are cut while injured. Even something as simple as the team must still pay them but does not affect the cap until they can play, play for another team, or truly retire.

23 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Mahommes about to find out what its like to play for the Bengals

Mahomes is outstanding but it's not talked about enough how great a situation he started in. It'll be interesting to see what happens without one of the best rosters around him.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

He does that to pretty much all fan bases lol. Saints have been his latest target, making fun of their cap hell and the fact that Taysom Hill is their 3rd highest paid player.

Ya true. 

Idk though, something about him rubs me the wrong way.  He's pretty arrogant 

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

There are a lot of names being projected around that spot like Learherwood, Eisenberg and Radunz that have some question marks in my view at the next level..:

If they were great tackle prospects they wouldn’t still

be there at 31..

We probably willl be having the same dilemma on who to pick at 30 if Williams walks...

Of course the top prospects will be gone but there are like 11 or 12 offensive tackles worthy of going in the first two rounds or thereabouts IMO. Best tackle class I have ever evaluated depth wise. Not as good at the top end as Wirfs, Becton and Wills last year though.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Of course the top prospects will be gone but there are like 11 or 12 offensive tackles worthy of going in the first two rounds or thereabouts IMO. Best tackle class I have ever evaluated depth wise. Not as good at the top end as Wirfs, Becton and Wills last year though.

11 or 12? That would surprise me..

I hope you are right though because they will be looking for one I think... 

Hope their eye has improved since  their last swing at T Cody Ford , who I recall you liked as our long term RT when they drafted him? I liked the pick at the time too...

44 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The rest of the world you can work for 30 + years. These guys have a very limited window. And you can not fire people who were inured while working. There are workplace rules for that in almost every industry but NFL gets to play by different rules. 

I don’t want the MLB or NBA fully guaranteed model where you can't cut guys for poor play. But there should be more protection for guys that are cut while injured. Even something as simple as the team must still pay them but does not affect the cap until they can play, play for another team, or truly retire.

Those guys are allowed to find employment after playing football ya know, 😁 it’s no different than anyone else having to retrain themselves to be employable, they are not in a protected class, 👍 I don’t understand why so many fans think these guys should not have to get a damn job after there playing time is up, if they didn’t earn a lot or pissed away what they did earn, it’s kinda comical that folk think that way. 

And I am quite certain that the team followed the rules  that apply when they were cut, otherwise it would cost the team even more money...because the players union would go berserk otherwise. Much ado over nothing is what I’m thinking. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

11 or 12? That would surprise me..

I hope you are right though because they will be looking for one I think... 

Hope their eye has improved since  their last swing at T Cody Ford , who I recall you liked as our long term RT when they drafted him? I liked the pick at the time too...

Yea. It is that good of a tackle group. So I liked Cody but I had him as my top guard that year. 

Now they're saying the starting C is likely to leave in FA too.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/11/report-chiefs-center-austin-reiter-likely-to-leave-in-free-agency/

Kansas City cut both starting offensive tackles, Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz, today, and starting center Austin Reiter is expected to leave Kansas City in free agency, Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports.

Poor Patty next year after every snap

original.gif

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Now they're saying the starting C is likely to leave in FA too.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/11/report-chiefs-center-austin-reiter-likely-to-leave-in-free-agency/

Poor Patty next year after every snap

original.gif

@whatdrought update your title so we don't have another thread started (if there isn't already) 🤣

Worked out just fine without them in the Super Bowl, although I wonder how much Reid's son threw them off in that game as well. 

It seemed like there was none of the creativity we were used to, just snap the ball, Mahomes runs around like crazy, and the WR or TE drops the ball when it hits him in the face or hands. 

• whatdrought changed the title to EDIT: All Chiefs OL leaving cause who wants to play for that garbage team anyways. Formerly: Chiefs cut both starting tackles.
15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Media: “oh my gahhd did you see how majestic he looked taking that 30 yard sack? He’s so glorious. I can’t believe I get to watch this generational talent.”

It was a generational sack.  Literally.

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Glass houses my fellow fans...

Bills did the same thing two years ago with 4 of 5 new starters on the line.

Bills will be in the similar cap situation when Allen's contract kicks in. 

KC is just in even worse shape because of the one year drop in the cap.

Uh, our oline sucked. The Chiefs had a good oline.