EDIT: All Chiefs OL leaving cause who wants to play for that garbage team anyways. Formerly: Chiefs cut both starting tackles.

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

So...the SB told them they could do without them? 😕

That is funny. You would have thought they would have locked them up after the SB.

this is going to be such a loaded FA class with so much less money to spend. I bet there will be a ton of one year, prove it deals hoping for multi year deals next year. 

as a legit SB contender, we are in position to get some really good players for cheap who want to showcase themselves for next year.  This could work out perfect for us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beat me to it! KC is going to have to make some more tough decisions like this. Last time I checked Spotrac and definitely prior to these cuts, the Chiefs had approx. -$18 million in cap space. How are they going to replace these guys? Picks #31 and #63?

For all the talk of the Bills being stuck with a limited budget this offseason, I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion of what KC is going to do in the national media. Hopefully this is another factor in the Bills closing the gap with KC in 2021. 

• Agree 1

The NFL players union is an absolute joke.  Both of these players injured while playing now are without a job.  Say all you want about these guys earing millions for playing a game, it is still a business.  That they can just cut a guy with a valid contract who was injured while playing for your franchise is terrible.  

People on this board routinely tear into players for holding out for new contracts and guaranteed money.  This is why they do it.  Both of these guys are model players in every respect for that organization and they are just let go.  

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The NFL players union is an absolute joke.  Both of these players injured while playing now are without a job.  Say all you want about these guys earing millions for playing a game, it is still a business.  That they can just cut a guy with a valid contract who was injured while playing for your franchise is terrible.  

People on this board routinely tear into players for holding out for new contracts and guaranteed money.  This is why they do it.  Both of these guys are model players in every respect for that organization and they are just let go.  

How’s that any different than the rest of the working world? Ages ago I was cut from the bank I worked at one week before the annual bonus, and two weeks before Christmas, and that was after exceeding all my scheduled performance goals..., life is like that...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think at LT their answer likely comes at pick #31.... lucky for them this is a very strong OT class. 

There are a lot of names being projected around that spot like Learherwood, Eisenberg and Radunz that have some question marks in my view at the next level..:

If they were great tackle prospects they wouldn’t still

be there at 31..

We probably willl be having the same dilemma on who to pick at 30 if Williams walks...

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

They're still $3 million over the cap. They're gonna have to rely on young players on the line this year. If the Bills do want to trade down, finding a team that likes Leatherwood a lot would be the avenue because KC is all but guaranteed to draft him at #31.

What if we took Leatherwood?

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Wow, Schwartz being cut is pretty big; he was arguably one of the best tackles in the league before he got hurt.

Yup. He's coming off injury but was a dominant RT. 

If Williams doesn't work out , Schwartz would be a nice signing.  His brother Geoff is a Bills hater though. Always bad mouthing Buf on Twitter. He really pisses me off sometimes