Star L. possible cut?

yall

I'm guessing Star shows up for camp overweight and out of shape after a year away from football...and since the dead cap money would be outrageous, the Bills are stuck with him for one more year.

I have a feeling that all the posts I read over the last year proclaiming "all will be well" when Star returns...will leave those folks disappointed come fall of 2021.

Edited by BTB

On 3/11/2021 at 8:14 AM, yall said:

Good friend of mine with pretty accurate sources tells me he has reason to believe Star Lotulelei is gonna get cut. Based on what he shared with me, seems very possible.

From a cap perspective, does it make sense? I didn't get the feeling he was a likely candidate for release.

That would leave plenty of dead money and not really huge cap savings,  maybe get him to restructure would be a wiser move for both parties

$7,600,000 -cap number

$12,300,000- dead money

($4,700,000)- cap savings

On 3/13/2021 at 10:34 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

? Brees hasn't retired yet?  He converted salary to roster bonus and they extended his contract with "void years" which gave the Saints cap room to use now, but as far as I know if he retires, it all gets accelerated into this year unless he's designated post-June1 (in which case guaranteed salary and bonus for this year stay with this year, and the rest goes to next season).

I was off by a few days...