Who's your pick for a breakout season?

Good morning from the west coast, I know this question might be a little early considering we still have free agency and the draft, but who is your pick for a breakout season next year? I landed on Gabe Davis, I think he really flashed in his rookie year (35 rec 599yds 7td 17 yds/rec). I think him learning from guys like Diggs, Brown and Bease is invaluable and I think we see a big leap from him. I'm hoping he can be a 1000yd guy within the next 2 years, he showed a great ability to make tough catches and had a nose for the end zone. Who's your pick?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I think a full offseason in the strength and conditioning program does wonders for Epenesa since last year he was mainly focused on cutting weight. This year #57 steps on the field like he's shot out of a cannon.

bills-jets-football-east-rutherford-unit

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2

I think Ed Oliver is the obvious one. If he can find that consistency in his play and just finish better I think any remaining doubts about him will be expunged. If I am going for someone more left field looking at the current roster... Jaquan Johnson is who I'd go for. Through two years he has been a core STer who only took meaningful snaps on defense in week 17. But as of right now there are only 3 safeties on the roster and Poyer and Hyde's remarkable run of not missing games must end somewhere... he is the under the radar guy for whom I see real opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am thinking Singletary or Moss. I think Beane will put a priority on upgrading the lines on both sides of the ball. It's great watching Josh throw the ball all over the place but they must do a better job running the ball. Better OL should make for a better run game.

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Ed Oliver is the obvious one. If he can find that consistency in his play and just finish better I think any remaining doubts about him will be expunged. If I am going for someone more left field looking at the current roster... Jaquan Johnson is who I'd go for. Through two years he has been a core STer who only took meaningful snaps on defense in week 17. But as of right now there are only 3 safeties on the roster and Poyer and Hyde's remarkable run of not missing games must end somewhere... he is the under the radar guy for whom I see real opportunity. 

I have a feeling you're basing this on looks.  He's got that playful smile doesn't he?

image.png.38f0f1cdfa2c1e94edccc9e5e8c1fb38.png

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have a feeling you're basing this on looks.  He's got that playful smile doesn't he?

image.png.38f0f1cdfa2c1e94edccc9e5e8c1fb38.png

He is in my top 5 current Bills for sure. I mean obviously it is Stef #1 and Jordan #2 but Jaquan is sneaky cute. 

7 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I'm going to go for Cody Ford. I still think there's a considerably talented player there and hopefully he can be the answer for one of the guard spots.

It really has to happen for him this year. He is in now or never territory. If he has not nailed down a spot on that 5 by the end of the 2021 season the Bills will be planning for his departure after 2022 and looking to the draft next spring. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Many good choices presented, I think of this question more in position groups, so I’m hoping for both O & D lines / the run game, if those groups make a notable jump, every other position group benefits substantially. 

Go Bills!!!

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It really has to happen for him this year. He is in now or never territory. If he has not nailed down a spot on that 5 by the end of the 2021 season the Bills will be planning for his departure after 2022 and looking to the draft next spring. 

Absolutely. I always considered him to be a long-term project that you draft despite the technical issues in his game, so the fact that it's not clicked yet for him doesn't have me too worried.

If it doesn't click for him this season, he's a reclamation project for some other team.