Vernon Butler takes pay cut

• BillsMafi$ changed the title to Vernon Butler takes pay cut

Butler was put in a less than ideal situation and was much better than Jefferson, and Addison for that matter. He's young (26) and will be playing his normal position next year. Young piece to move forward with, and he will get paid once the cap goes up

• Like (+1) 21
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 2

Just now, BeastMode54 said:

Butler was put in a less than ideal situation and was much better than Jefferson, and Addison for that matter. He's young (26) and will be playing his normal position next year. Young piece to move forward with, and he will get paid once the cap goes up

Agreed. Of all of the DL cannon fodder mentioned around here he was by far my favorite. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

Agreed. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It was a 6 million hit before, right? Gotta hope it’s at least in the 2-3 range now. Don’t love keeping him at Jefferson’s expense. 

This. He was set to make 5.5 million which is an incredible overpay, I saw nothing from him and the initial contract was a headscratcher.  Hope he took few million pay cut. 

5 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I get he’s 330, but I always got the feeling he was a Oliver type rather than Star. 

Exactly he's a penetrating DT not a take on blockers NT, there's a difference. Butler was signed to replace Jordan Phillips and when Star didn't return we kinda forced him to be the big man in the middle yet that's not what he's all about. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1