Looks like John Brown was released

Just now, The Jokeman said:

John Ross might be fast but in an unspectacular WR. If want a Brown replacement I look at Stills, Marvin Hall, Phillip Dorsett before I even consider Ross.

Meh...If they are the other options take a stab in the draft...

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Not sure I agree that a rookie couldnt produce to their levels last year.. 

Tough to say as think Gabe Davis let us forget what most rookie WRs do. Yet as said in my updated post I'd love to get D'Wayne Eskridge in Round 5 as feel he could replace Brown/Roberts and maybe even McKenzie. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Tough to say as think Gabe Davis let us forget what most rookie WRs do. Yet as said in my updated post I'd love to get D'Wayne Eskridge in Round 5 as feel he could replace Brown/Roberts and maybe even McKenzie. 

Not sure Eskridge will be there in Round 5... But Id be on board with that..

12 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

John Ross might be fast but in an unspectacular WR. If want a Brown replacement I look at Stills, Marvin Hall, Phillip Dorsett before I even consider Ross. Ultimately think we'd be wise to draft someone to replace Brown and Roberts. I'd love getting D'Wayne Eskridge in Round 5.

Yeah, Ross looks to be a complete bust. The way he's produced, I won't be surprised if he's out of the league soon. 

Brown needs to be replaced , IMO. I wouldn't feel great about heading into next season with Davis as the number 2. 

Curtis samuel would be such a good fit. And I think he's a great candidate for someone that should take a short term deal this year. 

-Loaded free agent WR class, several guys ahead of him

-He's only 24 and will still have room for two big contracts after this one

-He didn't reach his full potential in Carolina. Why sign for 4-5 years when you can come to buffalo and ball out and then sign a massive deal

If we can get him for 2 years $20M I am all for it.

If we don't sign someone I like the idea of taking one in the second round, either with our current pick or trading out of the first. 

Edited by Process

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Brown needs to be replaced , IMO. I wouldn't feel great about heading into next season with Davis as the number 2. 

Curtis samuel would be such a good fit. And I think he's a great candidate for someone that should take a short term deal this year. 

-He didn't reach his full potential in Carolina. Why sign for 4-5 years when you can come to buffalo and ball out and then sign a massive deal

If we don't sign someone I like the idea of taking one in the second round, either with our current pick or trading out of the first. 

I'd rather use big money on a TE and a lower cost speed WR. Yet also need interior oline help and possibly right tackle not to mention CB2 and LB and pass rush. 

Edited by The Jokeman

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd rather use big money on a TE and a lower cost speed WR. Yet also need interior online help and possibly right tackle not to mention CB2 and LB and pass rush. 

I just don't have many examples of big money on free agent TEs working. 

Last year was Austin Hooper. Didn't really live up to the deal. I'm all for a bargain though if there is one. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I just don't have many examples of big money on free agent TEs working. 

We need a more reliable guy than Knox. To me guys like Everett and Smith could do that. With the cap tight I'd hope get either at $7m in 2021 and expand it over future years.

Edited by The Jokeman

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, Ross looks to be a complete bust. The way he's produced, I won't be surprised if he's out of the league soon. 

Bringing Ross in would be reminiscent of us trading for Corey Coleman. Might be worth taking a flier on him but in all likelihood he won't be the answer to any of our needs.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Process said:

He is so intriguing for this offense.

The only fit problem is that he's another small receiver and I think they ultimately need a couple huge catch radius guys in the offense to lean on when they have those days where the weather is making it hard to be pinpoint accurate.

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The only fit problem is that he's another small receiver and I think they ultimately need a couple huge catch radius guys in the offense to lean on when they have those days where the weather is making it hard to be pinpoint accurate.

Or get a big TE, I'd  love 6'6 Hunter Henry but he's going to get paid by someone else am sure.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think Diggs (not big but amazing in contested situations) and Davis project as those kinda guys. I think Samuel would be a perfect fit (but an expensive one and maybe TOO expensive of one) because he can do all the McKenzie gadget-stuff, can fill in Beasley's spot in the slot or Brown's spot out wide, and can even potentially line up in the backfield to give us a pass-catcher back there. There's a few guys in the draft this year that can theoretically do these things while being on a rookie contract, but obviously with Samuel you already know what you're getting.

As I've mentioned though, I think ultimately, Beane will go cheap on WRs this offseason to save that money for other spots.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I think Diggs (not big but amazing in contested situations) and Davis project as those kinda guys. I think Samuel would be a perfect fit (but an expensive one and maybe TOO expensive of one) because he can do all the McKenzie gadget-stuff, can fill in Beasley's spot in the slot or Brown's spot out wide, and can even potentially line up in the backfield to give us a pass-catcher back there. There's a few guys in the draft this year that can theoretically do these things while being on a rookie contract, but obviously with Samuel you already know what you're getting.

As I've mentioned though, I think ultimately, Beane will go cheap on WRs this offseason to save that money for other spots.

Another good point, I think this will be Beas' last year with the Bills and Samuel can fill his role in 2022. 

Really is a perfect fit for us 

15 minutes ago, Process said:

The more FA wr's that fill holes for teams, the more wr's will be available in the draft. It might be the case that we will be rolling with Davis and then Hodgins filling the Davis role and getting a burner in the draft and as others have stated, covering the return position also.

I for one would rather put resources into our run game with the hope that will cause defenses to play closer to the los and create some holes down the field. Josh seems to be pretty good at the intermediate throws at this point anyway and if we can give him more room on the field to make those throws by running the ball more effectively that sounds good to me.

21 minutes ago, Process said:

Davis isn't the #2, he's the #3. Depending on how big they go at TE he could be the #4. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Davis isn't the #2, he's the #3. Depending on how big they go at TE he could be the #4. 

When people reference #1 and 2 WRs they usually referring to outside guys. You know what I mean. Yes Beas > Davis as an option in the passing game. 

• Like (+1) 1