Looks like John Brown was released

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I mean that would be amazing since his career best is 101 receptions, 1,400 yards and 9 TD's. 

If we actually do get Ertz....we probably have a better offense that last years 500 point season.

I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s a real possibility we go undefeated this season. I think Sanders pulls in 65 rec 1100 yrds 7tds. I really think he is drastically under appreciated. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s a real possibility we go undefeated this season. I think Sanders pulls in 65 ref 1100 yrds 7tds. I really think he drastically under appreciated. 

That would be huge production for a 34 year old receiver. 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Totally agree with this.  He disappeared in the playoffs this year as well as last.  Against Houston last year there were balls that he dropped along the sidelines that caused our drives to stall.  Balls this year went through his hands or were batted away.  I loved Smoke but outside of an occasional long ball he didn't bring much more to the table.

Brown had 72 receptions, and over 1,000 yards in 2019. I’d say that brings more to the table than just the occasional long ball. He wasn’t good last season, and I think injuries were the main factor. I’m good with moving on from Brown, but I think health is a bigger concern than ability. 

Edited by SirAndrew

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s a real possibility we go undefeated this season. I think Sanders pulls in 65 rec 1100 yrds 7tds. I really think he is drastically under appreciated. 

Let's pump the brakes a bit.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Jpsredemption said:

That would be huge production for a 34 year old receiver. 

I’m fully expecting it. Sanders is still insanely fast off the line. He is like top 3 in zone coverage for the entire NFL. He’s going to feast under Allen. 

2 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Let's pump the brakes a bit.

I will gladly eat my words if I’m wrong. But Sanders is severely undervalued. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Brown had 72 receptions, and over 1,000 yards in 2019. I’d say that brings more to the table than just the occasional long ball. He wasn’t good last season, and I think injuries were the main factor. I’m good with moving on from Brown, but I think health is a bigger concern than ability. 

Oh I agree that Brown was great his first year with the Bills.  In 2020 those receptions went to Diggs, leaving Brown the long ball target.  He became as Beane said the "fast ball."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m fully expecting it. Sanders is still insanely fast off the line. He is like top 3 in zone coverage for the entire NFL. He’s going to feast under Allen. 

I will gladly eat my words if I’m wrong. But Sanders is severely undervalued. 

Maybe, but I don't know how he's going to get enough balls thrown his way to reach those heights, especially if we get Ertz. I was more saying let's chill out on the undefeated talk.

4 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Maybe, but I don't know how he's going to get enough balls thrown his way to reach those heights, especially if we get Ertz. I was more saying let's chill out on the undefeated talk.

There will be so much balls for everyone that everyone will puke. We might have the best offense ever next year. Not even exaggerating. I wouldn’t be surprised if we have 3 WRs over 1k yards. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

There will be so much balls for everyone that everyone will puke. We might have the best offense ever next year. Not even exaggerating. 

We're going to have a 1400 yard WR and two 1000+ yard WRs? Plus Gabe Davis?

Mmmmmmmm I don't think that's possible.

33 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

JB signed for $3.75M w Raiders, does his agent suck or did we not want him at all?  Hard to believe Daboll and Josh would support paying an older receiver $2.25M more than Smoke, plus don't we have dead money in there too?

Im baffled by this move.  Two years of chemistry w Josh, a multiple 1000 yd NFL proven receiver and we let him walk because we dont think he's worth $3.75M?

This has to be injury concern.  There's no other explanation.

Browns can also earn up to 5.75M with incentives.  

my take:  brown had his chance and didn’t respond vs the chiefs.  Miss you Smoke, good luck

15 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yeah I dont think so. That is 16.5 yards per catch. He will more likely be around 50 caches for 650 yards. Last year he was under 12 YPC and career average is 13.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

JB signed for $3.75M w Raiders, does his agent suck or did we not want him at all?  Hard to believe Daboll and Josh would support paying an older receiver $2.25M more than Smoke, plus don't we have dead money in there too?

Im baffled by this move.  Two years of chemistry w Josh, a multiple 1000 yd NFL proven receiver and we let him walk because we dont think he's worth $3.75M?

This has to be injury concern.  There's no other explanation.

agreed. When they cut him and didn’t even offer to restructure, I thought it was because they figured age and injuries caught up to him.

So I thought they would sign a younger and less injury prone guy.

Instead they signed a more expensive, older, and equally as injury prone player in Sanders. Very odd.

20 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I'm not there with an undefeated season, definitely in the 12-4/14-2 territory.  But if we are like 10-0 at some point....

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

While I'm perfectly fine with releasing Brown, I can't say I'm thrilled that we did it in order to bring in a 34 year old Sanders. Sanders has a 6mm cap hit + 1.6mm dead cap from Brown for 7.6mm total. Hard to believe that Brown would have refused a restructure to get him at less than 7.6mm cap hit. 

Browns 2020 season was an injury filled dud, but he was really good in 2019. Sanders hasn't had a comparable season close to that since 2016.