Looks like John Brown was released

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Poor John Brown.  He doesn't even get listed as one of the unsigned WR free agents.

C'mon Field Yates, give some Loooove to my man Smoke!

Aren't two of them signed now? Davis and Agholor.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They are indeed,  My point was just that Smoke wasn't even on his list :( :( :(

I really feel he deserved to be, in terms of contribution to a team over the last 2 years.

You posted a sexy infographic tweet and you expected me to actually READ your post? 

I think the way it ended has a lot of people wondering if he can still contribute at that level. In the brief time after his return, looking like he had missed most of the season didn't help.  That injury really hurt his value and the perception of him as a player.

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You posted a sexy infographic tweet and you expected me to actually READ your post? 

I think the way it ended has a lot of people wondering if he can still contribute at that level. In the brief time after his return, looking like he had missed most of the season didn't help.  That injury really hurt his value and the perception of him as a player.

I guess that's fair, but on the other hand he showed game by trying to play through it....

As far as that list,

Golladay played only 5 games this past season,

Will Fuller V was suspended for PEDs (and I think has a game of suspension remaining?) and has NEVER played 16 games in his 5 year career

Antonio Brown has shown himself to be a ticking time bomb with an unpredictable fuse and hasn't played >14 games for 3 years

I would kind of think a quiet, hardworking guy who played 16 games in 2019 and put up >1000 yds oughta at least make the list!

Maybe Smoke's problem is he's too quiet and decent and trouble-free.  Apparently if he threw porch furniture at 2 year olds, caused fire damage, gave controversial interviews, and swilled PEDs, he'd get more recognition.

• Agree 1

JB signed for $3.75M w Raiders, does his agent suck or did we not want him at all?  Hard to believe Daboll and Josh would support paying an older receiver $2.25M more than Smoke, plus don't we have dead money in there too?

Im baffled by this move.  Two years of chemistry w Josh, a multiple 1000 yd NFL proven receiver and we let him walk because we dont think he's worth $3.75M?

This has to be injury concern.  There's no other explanation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

JB signed for $3.75M w Raiders, does his agent suck or did we not want him at all?  Hard to believe Daboll and Josh would support paying an older receiver $2.25M more than Smoke, plus don't we have dead money in there too?

Im baffled by this move.  Two years of chemistry w Josh, a multiple 1000 yd NFL proven receiver and we let him walk because we dont think he's worth $3.75M?

Injuries last year are for sure a factor. He was limited most of the year and ever after injury just did not have the same game. They said they wanted Emmanuel Sanders for a while now. Maybe they think he can do more things in the offense than John Brown.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Really?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes there is another explanation.  They wanted someone that can deal with more physical corners like KC presented us.  Sanders is better at that.

Sanders is actually a lot better. He is very underrated. I’m calling it now, he will have a near career year under Allen. 

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Sanders is actually a lot better. He is very underrated. I’m calling it now, he will have a near career year under Allen. 

I mean that would be amazing since his career best is 101 receptions, 1,400 yards and 9 TD's. 

If we actually do get Ertz....we probably have a better offense that last years 500 point season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

I'm not baffled at all.

John Brown was a no-show last season.

When we needed him he was hurt, or playing soft. I got flamed for saying I was losing patience with him last year. Well, looks like the Bills lost patience with him too. 

He played himself out of town. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I think injuries are a huge factor. Brown can be just as productive as Sanders when healthy, but that’s a big question mark. Sanders also fits the mold of greater versatility that this team wants. I do disagree with all the people who act like Sanders is ten times the receiver Brown is. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

Sanders is the better and more detailed route runner. Sanders catches anything that hits his hands. Sanders is quicker out of his breaks. Sanders has that dog in him where he fights for every contested ball. Sanders is better at hauling in contested catches. John Brown was faster. We upgraded here. This isn't taking a shot at Brown either because I liked Brown while he was here. The injury bug still haunts him, the FO/Staff felt like it was the right time, and we moved on. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes there is another explanation.  They wanted someone that can deal with more physical corners like KC presented us.  Sanders is better at that.

Totally agree with this.  He disappeared in the playoffs this year as well as last.  Against Houston last year there were balls that he dropped along the sidelines that caused our drives to stall.  Balls this year went through his hands or were batted away.  I loved Smoke but outside of an occasional long ball he didn't bring much more to the table.

• Like (+1) 1