Looks like John Brown was released

Just now, Victory Formation said:

I think Davis is a star in the making. What we do need is very quick explosive fast twitch WR that can man the slot and return kicks.

We’ve seen too many 1 hit rookie wonders to think they are putting all the eggs in that basket, I think they add a WR in FA. Maybe even Brown on a very cheap deal 

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We signed him to the practice squad, I'm sure he will be given an offer and given a chance to compete. I still want them to draft somebody with speed.

Guys on the practice squad have to be signed to a future deal after the season is up. Since he did not get a future deal he's an UFA. We could sign him again yes but as of now he's free to sign anywhere. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Or a mismatch TE? Hunter Henry or Johnnu Smith? 

don't forget Gerald Everett. 

If we make a relatively big splash at WR, I would guess that it's Curtis Samuel (absolutely perfect fit and former Panther) or Emmanuel Sanders (we were interested before and he's versatile enough to fill Brown's spot or fill in in the slot sometimes as well).

I don't really expect us to do that though; I think they envision a larger role for Davis at Brown's expense and either a draft pick or cheap vet to add some depth/versatility.

I definitely do expect us to bring in a veteran TE via free agency or trade. Henry and Jonnu both make a lot of sense if Beane wants to spend that kind of money on a TE. My personal preference would still be Cam Brate or OJ Howard assuming Tampa moves on from one of them but we'll see.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1