Tre Edmunds and Isaiah McKenzie on GMFB

They haven't posted it broken up into segments yet and the time stamp seems to keep moving as the live show continues.

Little tid-bits:

-All the Edmunds brothers agree that the favorite child is Trey

-Edmunds gives himself a "B-" for his play so far.  Says there's a lot more he can do.

-Discusses the Children's book he wrote with his brothers "My Brother's Keeper What That Means to Me"

-McKenzie tells his story of picking up the nickname "Lil' Dirty" from Quinton Spain.  Apparently it wasn't widespread until this year, when Coach McD asked Stefon Diggs a question in team meeting and then asked if he wanted to "phone a friend" and said "I'm going to call Lil' Dirty" then the whole team picked it up.

-On FA, Isaiah says he would love to be back in Buffalo if he gets the opportunity but it's his agent's decision now (that struck me as weird, doesn't the player want to choose? but I took it to mean he shouldn't say anything that would interfere with his agent's ability to negotiate for him).

-He could have thrown a pass last year, but Daboll always calls the player to see if they're comfortable before he puts it in and he missed the phone call but John Brown answered.  So this year he answered his phone.  Said Daboll asked if he could throw a pass and he said "of course I can throw, I'm Kyler Murray!" (he was playing Kyler Murray on Scout Team).

He's a trip, I hope we get him back but I can also see where he might have a higher worth to another team than here in the age of tight cap.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The three Edmund brothers were here in Richmond, VA at a high school football game to see their cousin play two Friday's ago.  Friend of mine got a picture of them standing together - when you see them standing next to "normal" sized folks you get a sense of how big they are.....  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I know myself and several others on here are huge McKenzie fans. I really, really, really hope he is back for next season.

I want McKenzie back.  I think he plays a valuable role on the Bills offense.

But there's also the point that he and several of our other WR are kind of in the same mold: guys who can be thrown off their routes by being jammed off the line and taken away by strong, physical play (not to mention uncalled DPI and defensive holding).   You can't improve something by keeping it the same.

From McKenzie's point of view, there also may be a point that he's kind of been "stuck on the depth chart" in Buffalo.  Even if the Bills move on from John Brown, he's sitting as our #4 WR option behind Diggs, Beasley, and Davis.  I'm not sure the Bills will trust him to take over the primary punt-return duties.  So he may legitimately have more value to another team.

2 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Hey Hap, the way McKenzie specified about not being able to say too much on free agency (or however he put it in the interview) to me it sounded like maybe something is currently being worked out? How did you take it?

I didn't quite know how to take it.  He did say "if I get the opportunity", which sort of sounded like he hadn't had an offer, or at least not one that would tempt him to sign now and forego FA.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I want McKenzie back.  I think he plays a valuable role on the Bills offense.

But there's also the point that he and several of our other WR are kind of in the same mold: guys who can be thrown off their routes by being jammed off the line and taken away by strong, physical play (not to mention uncalled DPI and defensive holding).   You can't improve something by keeping it the same.

From McKenzie's point of view, there also may be a point that he's kind of been "stuck on the depth chart" in Buffalo.  Even if the Bills move on from John Brown, he's sitting as our #4 WR option behind Diggs, Beasley, and Davis.  I'm not sure the Bills will trust him to take over the primary punt-return duties.  So he may legitimately have more value to another team.

I didn't quite know how to take it.  He did say "if I get the opportunity", which sort of sounded like he hadn't had an offer, or at least not one that would tempt him to sign now and forego FA.

I'd like him back too..........cheap.......unless they can replace what he does with someone considerably better(Samuel) or with a combination of a cheaper UFA and draft pick that can more reliably return kicks.

As much as I'd love to get Samuel I would like to see them continue to get bigger at WR depth.    It's great having guys who can get separation but the catch radius of this WR corps is not ideal and we saw how bad the wind at the Ralph can be late in the season.    Be nice if Josh could intentionally under throw the ball in situations like that Baltimore game(which was crazy because there was very little air movement in the stands).

@Logic was lamenting that we passed on Elgton Jenkins to take Cody Ford........LOL.........the huge loss was passing on Metcalf.    He would be the ideal Z receiver for this offense/climate.    And we'd still probably have Teller then too.   

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

@Logic was lamenting that we passed on Elgton Jenkins to take Cody Ford........LOL.........the huge loss was passing on Metcalf.    He would be the ideal Z receiver for this offense/climate.    And we'd still probably have Teller then too

You literally find a way to work this into every post. We get it... they passed on Metcalf... as did 32 other teams multiple times. Including the Seahawks twice for players worse than Cody Ford. 

Just give it a rest. 

• Like (+1) 1

My favorite part of lil dirty’s interview was the mannequin story. Too funny. 

The Bills have a big mannequin that they dress in the uniform combo for that weeks game and they put a players jersey on it. So he asked them to use his jersey one week and they did but they swapped out the big mannequin for a really small one. 

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'd like him back too..........cheap.......unless they can replace what he does with someone considerably better(Samuel) or with a combination of a cheaper UFA and draft pick that can more reliably return kicks.

As much as I'd love to get Samuel I would like to see them continue to get bigger at WR depth.    It's great having guys who can get separation but the catch radius of this WR corps is not ideal and we saw how bad the wind at the Ralph can be late in the season.    Be nice if Josh could intentionally under throw the ball in situations like that Baltimore game(which was crazy because there was very little air movement in the stands).

@Logic was lamenting that we passed on Elgton Jenkins to take Cody Ford........LOL.........the huge loss was passing on Metcalf.    He would be the ideal Z receiver for this offense/climate.    And we'd still probably have Teller then too.   

Right, because commenting that I wish the Bills had taken a superior offensive lineman with the Ford pick obviously means that I wouldn't have also been happy with Metcalf or numerous other quality players. 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

I know myself and several others on here are huge McKenzie fans. I really, really, really hope he is back for next season.

I am a big fan and liked that he could do different roles including playing on defense when necessary.

Always liked players who played offense and defense.

Iron-Mc-Kenzie.png

• Like (+1) 1

Great kid and a great family but I’d like to see a MLB write history, not children’s books. I really think that we could do better at that position, maybe a position change for Edmunds and replace him with someone who can play that position with more intensity.