The Democrat cartel

On 3/11/2021 at 3:44 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Above middle Democrats that think they need to raise taxes on other people, just not them, because they think they are middle class with their half a million dollar home, twice the National average. 

My wife and I have a home we're paying a mortgage on for about half a million dollars and I guarantee we're not "above middle class."

Using the national average of home value to determine classes is wildly simplistic.

23 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The similarity is in both cases the federal government didn't have the money to fund either and both added/will add to the federal debt.      

But a difference is that interest rates are at historic lows right now, making that borrowing more feasible. $1.9 trillion today at 0-0.25% interest is not the same as $1.9 trillion at 1.25-1.5% interest.

Plus.... ya know.... Pandemic with millions still unemployed and millions more who've dropped out of the workforce.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

My wife and I have a home we're paying a mortgage on for about half a million dollars and I guarantee we're not "above middle class."

Using the national average of home value to determine classes is wildly simplistic.

But That’s exactly how federal tax code works. Anyone who can afford a half a million dollar home are well above average on American scale. it’s a choice to buy in a more expensive area where the value of that lifestyle isn’t as good, but your probably well on your way to becoming a millionaire. 

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

But a difference is that interest rates are at historic lows right now, making that borrowing more feasible. $1.9 trillion today at 0-0.25% interest is not the same as $1.9 trillion at 1.25-1.5% interest.

Plus.... ya know.... Pandemic with millions still unemployed and millions more who've dropped out of the workforce.

I’ve been hearing part of the issue is the handouts are so good, employers are struggling to get employees back. 

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You understand that 330 million people aren't getting $1400 checks, right?

That makes it even worse. My point is those checks are less than half a billion of the two trillion, hence that twidiot saying 1.9 trillion to working class is either uninformed or just plain lying . 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve been hearing part of the issue is the handouts are so good, employers are struggling to get employees back. 

That's been happening ever since they increased the unemployment checks.  

• Agree 1

But That’s exactly how federal tax code works. Anyone who can afford a half a million dollar home are well above average on American scale. it’s a choice to buy in a more expensive area where the value of that lifestyle isn’t as good, but your probably well on your way to becoming a millionaire. 

You're silly.

Your solution is probably for everyone to move away from urban areas and move to rural areas.  And then when everyone moves to the rural areas you'll be the one complaining too many damn people moved to the rural areas and are ruining it.

It's foolish and naive to think that an annual salary of $100k (and no, that's not what I make... that's just an example) means your wealthy in America no matter where you live.

Plenty of people never leave the town/city where they're born and don't necessarily have a choice.  That's especially true where I live where there's a geographical barrier to actually moving away... namely thousands of miles of ocean and nobody.

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That makes it even worse. My point is those checks are less than half a billion of the two trillion 

So then you didn't understand that?  Maybe you should educate yourself a little before blindly complaining about it.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're silly.

Your solution is probably for everyone to move away from urban areas and move to rural areas.  And then when everyone moves to the rural areas you'll be the one complaining too many damn people moved to the rural areas and are ruining it.

It's foolish and naive to think that an annual salary of $100k (and no, that's not what I make... that's just an example) means your wealthy in America no matter where you live.

Plenty of people never leave the town/city where they're born and don't necessarily have a choice.  That's especially true where I live where there's a geographical barrier to actually moving away... namely thousands of miles of ocean and nobody.

100k salary is top 15%

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're silly.

You teach our children?  😁

Just bustin' chops.  How are things on the island? 

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Is this debt being financed on long term or short term bonds?  Do you realize that the interest rates are artificially low because the Fed keeps printing money and buying bonds, forcing rates lower?  What happens if inflations rears it head and the Fed can't continue to print money like this?

Just now, Chef Jim said:

You teach our children?  😁

Just bustin' chops.  How are things on the island? 

Rainy as hell... at least on the windward side where there's been some serious damage.  Luckily wife and I live on the southwestern side of the island, where we've gotten plenty of rain, but we've been good as far as any damage or flooding.

And how are things in Cali?

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're silly.

So then you didn't understand that?  Maybe you should educate yourself a little before blindly complaining about it.

missing the point man. If every man woman and child get a check it’s 25% of the 2 trillion cost. There are a bunch of democrat wish list hand outs unrelated to Covid. I’ve counted 12 and I’m on page 68. I’m happy to educate you. 

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Rainy as hell... at least on the windward side where there's been some serious damage.  Luckily wife and I live on the southwestern side of the island, where we've gotten plenty of rain, but we've been good as far as any damage or flooding.

And how are things in Cali?

Cold.  For us anyway.  

missing the point man. If every man woman and child get a check it’s 25% of the 2 trillion cost. There are a bunch of democrat wish list hand outs unrelated to Covid. I’ve counted 12 and I’m on page 68. I’m happy to educate you. 

And there ya go.

Spending enough time here (and a brief time "over there") I've come to understand that when the publicized talking points come out, you're just ideologically entrenched in your own political viewpoint.

70% of the American public likes this bill and not a single Republican voted for it because they're just keepin down that path of obstructionism they've followed under Mitch McConnell.  If they keep this up, they might not win back their seats in the midterm election as the minority party typically does.

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And there ya go.

Spending enough time here (and a brief time "over there") I've come to understand that when the publicized talking points come out, you're just ideologically entrenched in your own political viewpoint.

70% of the American public likes this bill and not a single Republican voted for it because they're just keepin down that path of obstructionism they've followed under Mitch McConnell.  If they keep this up, they might not win back their seats in the midterm election as the minority party typically does.

I don’t like big government spending programs. But it’s not talking points, I’m stupidly wasting my time reading the thing. Like I said I’m on page 68

Republicans are just as bad and of course the 70% that are getting free checks are happy to take them. 

I wish your party and theirs would go away and force all the sheep to think for themselves.  These two parties are awful and tearing the country apart

I challenge anyone to read this 600 page thing and walk away justifying the expenditure was all about Covid. It’s not. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

20 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So what happens when rates go up?  The 10Yr US Treasury is at 1.635%.  All this additional supply (1.9T) will put stress on rates to go higher.  Who is going to step up and buy all this supply?  What astute investor or fund wants to "loan" the US government money for 10 years at about 1.6% when they can put their funds into the equity markets and pull down 10, 20, 30%?   That move is a guaranteed loser.  Plus inflation is on the rise and pretty quickly. 

Most likely the Fed will step in through additional QE purchases to hold rates down by increasing the size of their balance sheet.  A likely consequence will be a weaker US dollar.  So pick your poison.  Higher rates or a loss of purchasing power in your paycheck denominated in a currency that is losing value.  This will all happen rather quickly. I hope people are preparing for this likelihood and not ignoring the obvious risks.  Because there won't be anybody left to bail anyone else out when the SHTF.