What are the chances we resign Milano?

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think the Bucs resigning David decreased the possibility a great deal.   Milano is a fantastic player and a less than premium position.  As such, he is probably someone who gets overpaid by a team with a lot of Cap Space.   I think the Bills are more concerned with giving big contracts to players at premium positions, and players at positions where the salaries are more manageable (Guard, Safety, Special Teams).

The Devil is in the Details but $12.5M for Lavonte David is less than some thought he should bring - but FWIW not far from the $12.7M/yr, 3 yr contract Spotrac had as his market value FWIW

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I pray that Beane nails the 21 draft. It’s too bad to see Milano chase the money as opposed to winning a Super Bowl but with his injury history I can understand why he wants to be paid

Exactly.  This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to create what they call "generational wealth" that if managed properly will support his  entire downstream family for 50-75  years.   Gotta go for the big guaranteed amount.   He blows another pec or hammy and its downhill from there... 

Edited by ProcessTruster

21 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Just like Poz, how much did we miss him?

What’s missing him have to do with anything? Jax would be a nice landing spot for him. He fits well with their personnel and they have cap space. They might not have interest that was just my guess of where he signs 

They appear not to want to tag him.

So not awful, but not good. Depends on his market.

44 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Just like Poz, how much did we miss him?

Poz couldn't defend the pass at anything close to Milano's level. I liked him a lot but Milano is better.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Assuming he doesn’t get the offers he’d thought he would get in free agency and with the cap room we’re creating , also this team being close to being a super bowl contender. Do you think he comes to his senses and re signs or do you think he’s good as gone? 

the hyphenation police are coming for you

He's going to get a contract well above his impact. I know people on here are latched onto the idea that the "defense is totally different with him on the field", but going suck to blow isn't worth paying him the crazy contract he's going to get when you can get the same results of a bad defense from a mid-tier free agent. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think when you have a guy like Morse, willing to take a pay cut to stay with a team then guys like Milano looking for "top dollar" will be gone.

Morse took a pay-cut because he wasn’t getting more than that if he got released.  Wasn’t some charitable thing he did.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Slim to none, more on the side of none. I really think he ends up in a NY Jets jersey. Saleh needs rangy LB's in the system he runs and I think Milano fits that bill. Plus the Jets have a lot of $$$ to throw around and I fully expect them to do so. I still don't think he gets anywhere near the same AAV as Lavonte David, but I think the Jets offer him the most guaranteed. It will come down to him and Jayon Brown in NY. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I would say slim and none and slim left town.

Beane said the same words last year for Shaq and Phillips "they have earned the right".

Its code speak for " you can stay but its at our price" 

• Agree 1