Can we talk about actual armed insurrection

18 hours ago, BillStime said:

Just as quickly as you are taking away our voting rights.

I'm not trying to take away any thing i don't know WTH your talking about . I didn't say i agree'd with what she said in the thing you posted .

Voting in a "American election" should be for ALL American citizens only and just like when you get pulled over you show ID or when you make a large purchase like a house you have to prove you are who you are or a car you should have some kind of proof that you are the person you say you are & that when you vote you are citizen of the country which you are voting in and that you are alive .

We as American citizens can't go to Mexico, or Canada & vote just because or country boarders theirs hell from what i understand you can't even purchase property in some countries if your not a citizen . And if you decide to stay in a Foreign country as a "Foreigner" you need a visa to stay any length of time to prove who you are !

So whats so wrong with showing ID and proving your are actual citizen of the country which you are voting in ? 

Here's a question have you ever had your info stolen like a debit or credit card ? And if so did it piss you off ?  if not then your 1 of a kind .

I have twice and i was not at all happy so if someone is doing the same thing in some instances using some one else info when it comes to voting why shouldn't that be fixed ? 

7 hours ago, 716er said:

This is an extremely disturbing post.

Why?  The coroner said he has a fentanyl level in his blood rgarvwas way over the lethal levels. it was just a matter of time before he died from it.

Edited by Wacka
dug in board- was repeated 4X

18 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Background checks are taking away your rights? 

Only if you are voting i guess . But to be honest i haven't read the bill so i don't know what's in it !

But just like the "Corona virus stimulus bill" that has money for a bridge to canada in it and money for other countries and monies to pay every one even those that haven't lost their jobs or made more money due to the pandemic (which makes a ton of sense weather it's Trump or Biden) it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was some kind of funky language in there to screw us in some way shape or form because that's just what politicians do .

I have no problem with doing a back ground check lord knows with all the wack jobs running around today it couldn't hurt but politicians have been trying to get rid of our second amendment longer than you & i have been around .

1 hour ago, T master said:

I'm not trying to take away any thing i don't know WTH your talking about . I didn't say i agree'd with what she said in the thing you posted .

Voting in a "American election" should be for ALL American citizens only and just like when you get pulled over you show ID or when you make a large purchase like a house you have to prove you are who you are or a car you should have some kind of proof that you are the person you say you are & that when you vote you are citizen of the country which you are voting in and that you are alive .

We as American citizens can't go to Mexico, or Canada & vote just because or country boarders theirs hell from what i understand you can't even purchase property in some countries if your not a citizen . And if you decide to stay in a Foreign country as a "Foreigner" you need a visa to stay any length of time to prove who you are !

So whats so wrong with showing ID and proving your are actual citizen of the country which you are voting in ? 

Here's a question have you ever had your info stolen like a debit or credit card ? And if so did it piss you off ?  if not then your 1 of a kind .

I have twice and i was not at all happy so if someone is doing the same thing in some instances using some one else info when it comes to voting why shouldn't that be fixed ? 

Should you have to provide proof of citizenship every time you vote?  Highly unnecessary as that could be done once when you register to vote.

With respect to showing ID, I have no problem with it when it comes to in person voting but if that is a requirement, the types of IDs that are accepted should be wide and the ability to obtain an ID should be free and readily accessible.  The ID laws are being used as voter suppression.  In Texas, they accept a gun permit but will not accept and ID from a State University.  This makes little sense if all you are trying to do is prove "you are who you say you are".  I don't see ID being necessary for mail in voting since ballots are only sent to addresses of registered voters and there is a signature matching requirement, which should suffice.

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

Why?  The coroner said he has a fentanyl level in his blood rgarvwas way over the lethal levels. it was just a matter of time before he died from it.

That's not what the coroner said.

There's also an antidote. Raised levels of fentanyl are not a death sentence, unless a cop decides to asphyxiate someone instead of providing them with narcan.

3 hours ago, T master said:

We do have a system...its called registration and signature matching. This system has been proven hundreds of millions - if not billions of times to work - with only a HANDFUL of fraudulent votes. What more do you want? 

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

Should you have to provide proof of citizenship every time you vote?  Highly unnecessary as that could be done once when you register to vote.

With respect to showing ID, I have no problem with it when it comes to in person voting but if that is a requirement, the types of IDs that are accepted should be wide and the ability to obtain an ID should be free and readily accessible.  The ID laws are being used as voter suppression.  In Texas, they accept a gun permit but will not accept and ID from a State University.  This makes little sense if all you are trying to do is prove "you are who you say you are".  I don't see ID being necessary for mail in voting since ballots are only sent to addresses of registered voters and there is a signature matching requirement, which should suffice.

Every one in the US that are citizens receive a SS card why couldn't they update that card every so often with your picture attached ? Or when i moved i had to register to vote in the county in the state that i moved to so why couldn't that be used with a picture i also had to do my license why couldn't that have a dual use ?

The one thing that worries me is (and i've written this before here) My mother passed away some 8 yrs ago and this past election i got 4 different calls and a couple of emails for her to vote for the democrat party so if that has happened this time to me how many others has it happened to ?

If they can get her info as they did to call me say if they mail out a mail in ballot to a bogus address and sign it who's to say that hasn't happened . I really don't know the answer but you would think that some kind of common sense way to do this so we don't have to listen to the BS from either side .

I for one was tired of listening to Trumps allegations of voter fraud and was as tired of listening to those that complained about there being no voter fraud then what ever happened with the Georgia/Pennsylvania thing is just a bunch of crap that could & should be avoided going forward or every election will turn out the same as the last with huge questions by 1 side or the other . 

7 minutes ago, T master said:

Every one in the US that are citizens receive a SS card why couldn't they update that card every so often with your picture attached ? Or when i moved i had to register to vote in the county in the state that i moved to so why couldn't that be used with a picture i also had to do my license why couldn't that have a dual use ?

The one thing that worries me is (and i've written this before here) My mother passed away some 8 yrs ago and this past election i got 4 different calls and a couple of emails for her to vote for the democrat party so if that has happened this time to me how many others has it happened to ?

If they can get her info as they did to call me say if they mail out a mail in ballot to a bogus address and sign it who's to say that hasn't happened . I really don't know the answer but you would think that some kind of common sense way to do this so we don't have to listen to the BS from either side .

I for one was tired of listening to Trumps allegations of voter fraud and was as tired of listening to those that complained about there being no voter fraud then what ever happened with the Georgia/Pennsylvania thing is just a bunch of crap that could & should be avoided going forward or every election will turn out the same as the last with huge questions by 1 side or the other . 

Your anecdotes are good...but voter fraud is so small...it really doesn't exist with the systems in place.....Misinformation and manipulation on the other hand...The GOP has nothing to run on anymore ....that is the problem

Edited by TH3

4 hours ago, Scraps said:

So you don't see ID theft as an issue?  Picture ID.  Match? Here ya go vote away.  Doesn't match?  Call the authorities. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

So you don't see ID theft as an issue?  Picture ID.  Match? Here ya go vote away.  Doesn't match?  Call the authorities. 

Clearly you did not understand my post.  I did not object to showing ID for in person voting.  I am objecting to having to prove citizenship every time you vote.

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Clearly you did not understand my post.  I did not object to showing ID for in person voting.  I am objecting to having to prove citizenship every time you vote.

And I'm saying to should need to prove you are who you say you are when you vote.  Just because Joe Blow registered to vote doesn't mean the person showing up to vote saying he's Joe Blow is actually him.  

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

And I'm saying to should need to prove you are who you say you are when you vote.  Just because Joe Blow registered to vote doesn't mean the person showing up to vote saying he's Joe Blow is actually him.  

Fine.  I agreed with that.  However if that is a requirement, the types of acceptable IDs should be broad and easily, in some cases freely obtained.  I again bring up the example of Texas where a gun registration is acceptable but a student ID from a state university or college is not.  Both should be acceptable as both " prove you are who you say you are".  The only reason why both aren't accepted is because the Republicans know college voters would disadvantage them at the polls.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scraps said:

Fine.  I agreed with that.  However if that is a requirement, the types of acceptable IDs should be broad and easily, in some cases freely obtained.  I again bring up the example of Texas where a gun registration is acceptable but a student ID from a state university or college is not.  Both should be acceptable as both " prove you are who you say you are".  The only reason why both aren't accepted is because the Republicans know college voters would disadvantage them at the polls.

lol Texas. Of course they want the gun owners to vote but not the college kids... 😆 

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

What are the requirements needed for a TX State University ID card?  I would assume that is the reason they are not accepted vs the reason you gave in your last sentence.  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What are the requirements needed for a TX State University ID card?  I would assume that is the reason they are not accepted vs the reason you gave in your last sentence.  

And why would you ASSume that?

6 hours ago, T master said:

I have no problem with doing a back ground check lord knows with all the wack jobs running around today it couldn't hurt but politicians have been trying to get rid of our second amendment longer than you & i have been around .

Good. Hope you are well 

On 3/11/2021 at 11:37 AM, Wacka said:

Floyd had a lethal level of fentanyl in him  before he even interacted with the cops.  He was walking dead.

I mean, everybody is dying from the moment they're born. Go nuts. You can't be convicted!

Edited by jeremy2020