Can we talk about actual armed insurrection

First domestic terrorist from the US Capitol pleads guilty.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/politics/oath-keepers-capitol-guilty-plea-schaffer/index.html

Looking at 3.5 to 4.5 years in jail.

”Prosecutors and Schaffer's attorneys agreed to recommend that he get between 3.5 and 4.5 years in prison, based on how fruitful his cooperation is with the government.”

• Thank you (+1) 3

So watching CNN right now As they are recapping the “deadly  insurrection”, and it’s funny how they show as one of the stock footage examples of this deadly insurrection people climbing the courtyard wall from a crowd of protesters to jump over the railing to get with a different group of protesters... And Don Lemon just looks pained and exasperated...

On 3/10/2021 at 10:42 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

and they don’t convict, Minneapolis is going to burn to the ground, and probably 10 or 15 other cities. 

I almost think for the good of humanity DP should be on the table. 

How many videos have you watched of cops attacking Americans for practicing 1A rights? Spitting on handcuffed people? Shooting homeowners who happen to be documenting what public officials do on public property in the head with pepper balls? Smashing camerapeople with shields? Arresting people for calling out what they are doing wrong?

I have dozens if not hundreds saved. Want to watch the guys who are less likely to be killed at work than a landscaper attack citizen after citizen?

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So watching CNN right now As they are recapping the “deadly  insurrection”, and it’s funny how they show as one of the stock footage examples of this deadly insurrection people climbing the courtyard wall from a crowd of protesters to jump over the railing to get with a different group of protesters... And Don Lemon just looks pained and exasperated...

Yeah, that was "funny".

Funny.

4 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Yeah, that was "funny".

Funny.

Protesting what? Literally, what? That they lost?

7 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

How many videos have you watched of cops attacking Americans for practicing 1A rights? Spitting on handcuffed people? Shooting homeowners who happen to be documenting what public officials do on public property in the head with pepper balls? Smashing camerapeople with shields? Arresting people for calling out what they are doing wrong?

I have dozens if not hundreds saved. Want to watch the guys who are less likely to be killed at work than a landscaper attack citizen after citizen?

here are some more to add to your archives. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_and_controversies_during_the_George_Floyd_protests#Deaths

7 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Yeah, that was "funny".

Funny.

It is. What happened on Jan 6th was a stupid act by a few hundred stupid people egged on by a stupid guy. It was not the greatest terrorist event since Pearl Harbor or this other nonsense they are spewing. 

And while I’m generally not into the whole protest thing, I see little difference between those idiots and the one in Minnesota Portland and elsewhere doing the same damn thing. They just happen to have different opinions. 

protesting election outcomes is hardly new. remember #notmypresident ?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_against_Donald_Trump

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

On 4/17/2021 at 6:54 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

protesting election outcomes is hardly new. remember #notmypresident ?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_against_Donald_Trump

I don't remember the #Notmypresident people storming the capitol with zipties, building gallows on the national mall grounds, or trying to kill any congresspeople, no.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't remember the #Notmypresident people storming the capitol with zipties, building gallows on the national mall grounds, or trying to kill any congresspeople, no.

Try to kill  Congressmen ? Lol that did not happen. Anyway, this was probably because Trump won a solid victory in the electoral college with, you know actual living registered voters. The libs knew it, so they complained about the electoral college and some Russian Facebook pages that were “ misleading”. In 2020 the Democrat party knew they were doomed in November, but took advantage of media fear mongering about the Coronavirus to completely change election rules and flood swing states with unverifiable paper ballots. This destroyed any confidence that the election was “ fair“. All but 3 of the nations mainstream news outlets are owned ( and staffed) by liberal activists, so most of these things are ignored or flat out censored by them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Try to kill  Congressmen ? Lol that did not happen. Anyway, this was probably because Trump won a solid victory in the electoral college with, you know actual living registered voters. The libs knew it, so they complained about the electoral college and some Russian Facebook pages that were “ misleading”. In 2020 the Democrat party knew they were doomed in November, but took advantage of media fear mongering about the Coronavirus to completely change election rules and flood swing states with unverifiable paper ballots. This destroyed any confidence that the election was “ fair“. All but 3 of the nations mainstream news outlets are owned ( and staffed) by liberal activists, so most of these things are ignored or flat out censored by them. 

The giveaway is the "zip ties".

Anyone, who had read any small amount about the protest/riot would know that that lib talking point had been disproven.

He is just spouting headlines that he has absorbed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/16/2021 at 11:36 PM, Big Blitz said:

Every time I see this thread I think of the current hostage situation China and the Democrats are leading against the United States.

Is there something I'm missing?   

Russia bad, China good...until the libs (also) realize too late how bad they really are.

• 1 month later...

An analysis from the New York Times has found that, despite the media’s best efforts at propping it up, support for Black Lives Matter has absolutely plummeted since last summer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 8:57 PM, B-Man said:

An analysis from the New York Times has found that, despite the media’s best efforts at propping it up, support for Black Lives Matter has absolutely plummeted since last summer.

Aww, did all the white suburban over educated coastal elites, and their husbands, stop buying those BLM signs for their front lawn? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/9/2021 at 11:38 PM, Unforgiven said:

like this for instance....

https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/03/george-floyd-derek-chauvin-trial-minneapolis-shooting.html

The Tension Inside George Floyd Square Is Unbearable Right Now

In the days before Derek Chauvin’s trial began, I went back to the intersection where Floyd was killed. I watched another horrific scene unfold.

snip

I did not know about subsequent events, although from that moment I try to follow the social movements in more detail. Thanks for the links to the article! By the way, after I started to be interested in the BLM movement, I found this essay https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/a-comparison-of-the-similarities-between-civil-disobedience-and-letter-from-birmingham-jail/ where very sensible things are written. They compare the Letter from Birmingham Jail and Civil Disobedience. Have any of you read this work? As for me, it's great!

When the gunshots rang out, people at the barbecue acted out of muscle memory. Violent crime has gone up since the intersection closed. In 2019, there was a total of three fatal and nonfatal shootings in the area. In 2020, there were 19. One person I spoke to told me that sometimes, people simply shoot guns in the air, not at anything in particular.

snip

A Man Was Killed Saturday Inside The Police No-Go Zone Known As George Floyd Square

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2021/03/09/man-killed-saturday-inside-police-no-go-zone-known-george-floyd-square/

But yeah, damned white supremacists and they guns.

More truth to be ignored by leftists.

I did not know about subsequent events, although from that moment I try to follow the social movements in more detail. Thanks for the links to the article!

Edited by Mark90