Go get this guy!!! (Kyle Long returning)

Not sure what his market will be, but when healthy, Kyle Long is as talented a G as there is in this league. I hope Beane goes hard after him, would be a HUGE addition, and given his absence from the league, might come at a discount...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Not sure what his market will be, but when healthy, Kyle Long is as talented a G as there is in this league. I hope Beane goes hard after him, would be a HUGE addition, and given his absence from the league, might come at a discount...

He's 32 a bit older while might be a good one or two year option we could go younger and be better longer. 

9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He's 32 a bit older while might be a good one or two year option we could go younger and be better longer. 

Well yeah, but we’re in no position to sign up every youngish all-star that comes along. We have to do the one or two year options on older free agents and draft well. 

Welcome to being a good team and having to pay your franchise players club. 

It makes for less exciting offseasons but much better football seasons. I get that it’s hard to wrap your head around being that we haven’t been in this position for a long time but I think a lot of folks are going to be disappointed by what we can actually get away with in the coming years of free agency. 

With that said, I do expect some fun signings this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

It hurts my soul that the Bills took Cody Ford instead of Elgton Jenkins and also traded Wyatt Teller away.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but the Bills could easily have the best young guard duo in the game, and on cheap rookie deals.

Edited by Logic
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm not advocating signing him (He's been out of the league way too long and is too old to have been out so long), but I prefer to have average/good and old while waiting for younger and better to grow up.

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not advocating signing him (He's been out of the league way too long and is too old to have been out so long), but I prefer to have average/good and old while waiting for younger and better to grow up.

"Way too long"??? He played in 2019. He took a year off to get healthy.

38 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Hasnt played 16 games since 2015. My bet is he needs the money and will be shocked if he stays healthy enough to play in 4 games. 

He's Howie Long's son/Chris Long's brother, sooooo... I'm guessing he doesn't need the money. 

These are both lazy takes. Obviously any team signing him is going to do their due diligence on his health, so yes, clearly that's a hurdle for him to clear, but -- to my original point -- if he clears those hurdles, he's a 3x pro-bowl player at a position of need who will likely come at a discount...

Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Shredded wheat & cheese (not prepackaged stuff, freshly shredded) and sour cream with some garlic or onion used to be my snack in college. Don't mock it unless you try it.

This feels like a "day before payday" kinda meal. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

These are both lazy takes. Obviously any team signing him is going to do their due diligence on his health, so yes, clearly that's a hurdle for him to clear, but -- to my original point -- if he clears those hurdles, he's a 3x pro-bowl player at a position of need who will likely come at a discount...

The jets believed they did their due diligence on Bell... there's plenty of examples of players sitting out and not being able to transition back. Add in his age and he hasn't been able to complete an entire season and there's plenty of room for doubt. 

Your interest in pushing your narrative has led you to your own lazy take. 

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The jets believed they did their due diligence on Bell... there's plenty of examples of players sitting out and not being able to transition back. Add in his age and he hasn't been able to complete an entire season and there's plenty of room for doubt. 

Your interest in pushing your narrative has led you to your own lazy take. 

LOL I'm not sure would else you would trust for an educated opinion on that, if not your own doctors? High usage RBs wear down fast, OL very often do not, so while yes, Long has had injuries in his past, comparing them as apples to apples doesn't feel appropriate to me. 32 is starting to get on the older side for an OL, for sure. My "narrative" is (and I've said this before) -- for us to remain in a championship window, we're going to have to take some risks. A guy who was formerly a stud and by all accounts, seems to be now in great shape again, seems like a risk well worth taking. The only factual information I have to go off of is that he's apparently healthy and I would trust our medical staff to do their homework on him before he got signed, so where's the issue there?

Yes, he's had injury troubles, hence the year off. I, not being a doctor, am in no position to comment on whether or not those injuries would disqualify him from being considered or be cause for concern for whether or not he'd be able to last an entire season, that's for the doctors to decide. That is not a lazy take, it's simply the process, I'm not sure what you want me to do about it.

Formerly high-level player + position of need + ostensibly healthy again + likely discount = risk well worth taking in my book.

• Like (+1) 2