Has anyone seen an actual good breakdown of the Bills DL?

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

yea 285 pounds is why it DOES make him a bad choice for one Tech. and it showed.

Yupp. That's what i'm saying... given the circumstances, i dont think he played that bad.... at all.

I really think Casey makes a lot of sense. 

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

The rest of the DL consists of backup caliber players. Addison, Jefferson and Butler are WAY overpaid and should all be released to make cap space. Murphy was overpaid as well and should be gone. Epinesa didn't impress. Beane needs to quit signing below average DL and paying them like solid starters.

Epinesa needs to change positions. The kid is fast and weak. He would make a good LB but I'm afraid if he doesn't change positions we've got another Aaron Maybin on our hands.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

For all the talk of cut Butler, cut Jefferson, etc etc - has anyone seen a quality breakdown of how they were actually used this year and performance?

I personally have trouble with Joe Buscaglia's grades - they might be great, but I can't tell what they're based on.

I've been looking and haven't found something - film breakdown, even just an assessment of how many snaps each DLman played and in what role 1T, 3T etc?

I started to try for my own assessment and quickly gave it up as more time than I had to put into it - the way the cameras are angled it's often very hard to pick up who is on the field for each snap.  But it probably exists somewhere - maybe on SIS or premium PFF or Football Outsiders?

Defensive Tackles

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/locked-on-bills-daily-podcast-on-the-buffalo-bills/id1145479962?i=1000508694686

Defensive Ends

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/locked-on-bills-daily-podcast-on-the-buffalo-bills/id1145479962?i=1000508552073

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Relying on Star would be an awful idea... not only because he sat out last season but because he's not very good either...

I'm okay with Star starting but like to add someone to learn behind him, a guy in the mid to late rounds that should be there is Bobby Brown III from Texas A&M. The question with him is motivation, he played with it last season and had great stats, hopefully that continues to his pro journey. 

6 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

If he can consistently draw sustained double teams and keep Edmunds clean, then I’ll be happy with him.  Lots of people mention that he did that in 2019.  I watched for it and I saw him handled by a single blocker or a quick chip from a second far more often than not.  And I saw him moved consistently.  That’s definitely not a statistical analysis and I can’t find one so don’t take it as gospel.  At any rate he’s on the team this year so I’m hoping for the best from him.

100% right BUT will he stay 100% healthy?

5 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Yupp. That's what i'm saying... given the circumstances, i dont think he played that bad.... at all.

I really think Casey makes a lot of sense. 

I am just glad a bunch of ya's realize that is an issue! gg