Mitch Morse Re-Works Contract per Ian Rapoport

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Dang I might have to take back all my Feliciano talk. The Bills want this guy... Although maybe he replaces Ford in the starting lineup. Thuney - Morse - Feliciano? 

The Bills probably want a lot of things. They can’t afford Thuney.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Dang I might have to take back all my Feliciano talk. The Bills want this guy... Although maybe he replaces Ford in the starting lineup. Thuney - Morse - Feliciano? 

I figured his play would drop-off with Scarnecchia gone.  The question is: how much does he expect to get in FA after a year making franchise OG money?

1 hour ago, Casey D said:

I think Williams is gone-- too expensive.  Feliciano back as well because his cheaper.  Ford back, and get a cheaper RT option in FA, put Ford back there, or most likely a high pick.

Agree Feliciano will be cheaper but Williams makes a much larger hole than Feliciano.  I would like both but if I had to pick one it would be Williams.

• Agree 4

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Is it just a pay cut? If so excellent news and very pragmatic by Mitch. 

Feels like its kicking the can down the road a year.  If he can earn his "non-likely" incentives, then its goes to next year.  I assume this is sorta the case if Morse initiated the talks as mentioned above.

2 hours ago, colin said:

positive news!

i gotta say, given morse is getting kept cheaper, i think it's one of williams or mongo getting retained, not both.

unless they think they can get RB and OLB cheap in the draft or what have you.  based on mccorch's past, the DL is gonna get real attention.  that's his bread and butter.

John Brown is getting cut. That’s Daryl Williams money... I don’t see Jefferson staying. That’s Feliciano money. 

16 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Agree Feliciano will be cheaper but Williams makes a much larger hole than Feliciano.  I would like both but if I had to pick one it would be Williams.

Williams may leave a bigger hole but Feliciano leaves multiple holes.  RG and backup C.  

it’ll be interesting to see what we do here.

I wouldn’t mind replacing both of them but expect one to be back.  Preferably Williams.  I don’t think bringing back our entire iol would help the run game we need to improve on

2 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Absolutely, only LT (Dawkins) and C (Morse) are filled with above average players at this point. I'm hoping they can bring back Williams on a $10M AAV or less contract, but that may not be in the cards.

We need upgrades at both guard spots IMO (although I could live with Ike Boettger since we aren't overflowing with cap space and draft picks) as well so yeah completely agree that we should aim to use an early draft pick on the O-line and another in the later rounds. 

Williams is now the #1 or 2 Tackle available, he will get overpaid somewhere that is not Buffalo. 

Let Williams walk for massive money, re-sign Feliciano and tender Boettger. Draft a new RT. 

Feliciano is too valuable to let go, he covers 3 spots at a good starting level. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

This is why I think you tag him.  Over-paying him for 1 year not end of world.  Playing Ford at RT may be.  

They finally saw sense on Ford and put him at Guard. Leave him there, draft someone like Eichenberg,its a good deep OT draft

2 hours ago, H2o said:

To me it's starting to feel like the Bills are going to stick with the "continuity" mantra as the entire offseason heading for virtual again. I'm not really expecting much in the way of FA at this point. I'm not expecting much leading up to the draft, including a no re-signing of Williams, Feliciano, or Milano. Only if Feliciano takes a team friendly deal will he be here. 

We did say that because of the cap issues this year this was always highly likely.

Don't expect anything of significance until the draft and after.  

Unless of course there is some significant trade for a DE to be made.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Get him.  That I'd do.  

Edited by Big Blitz

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills probably want a lot of things. They can’t afford Thuney.

Yeah, he's not signing a one year 'prove it' type of deal with anybody. He'll end up with a multi-year money deal from somebody who has the cap space. A team like the Jest maybe. 

We spent 20+ years looking for our franchise QB and now that we have found him, do you really want to blow up the O-Line that has protected him well? 

Resign Williams, Feliciano, and Nsekhe.  We still have Bates, Boettger, Morse, and Dawkins in the fold.  Draft the best tackle on the board at #30 and grab a late round center to develop.  If the draftee can beat out Nsekhe, trade or release Nsekhe at the end of camp and he can be the new swing tackle, or if he is really a stud, make Williams expendable.

The last place we need to go dumpster diving as a franchise is on the line that protects Josh Allen.  If we can't protect him it doesn't matter who else we have on this roster.  We are not winning 6 games without Josh Allen in the line up.  If that means Milano and Addison and John Brown and Andre Roberts and Quinton Jefferson and TJ Yeldon have to go, so be it.

We don't need to look like the Bengals with the future of our franchise running for his damn life on every snap of the ball until he eventually ends up on Injured Reserve. We need to prioritize and Josh Allen and his well being has got to be priority #1 for this franchise.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

We spent 20+ years looking for our franchise QB and now that we have found him, do you really want to blow up the O-Line that has protected him well? 

Resign Williams, Feliciano, and Nsekhe.  We still have Bates and Boettger, Morse and Dawkins in the fold.  Draft the best tackle on the board at #30 and grab a late round center to develop.  If the draftee can beat out Nsekhe, trade or release him at the end of camp and he can be the new swing tackle. 

The last place we need to go dumpster diving as a franchise is on the line that protects Josh Allen.  If we can't protect him it doesn't matter who else we have on this roster.  We are not winning 6 games without Josh Allen in the line up.  If that means Milano and Addison and John Brown and Andre Roberts and Quinton Jefferson and TJ Yeldon have to go, so be it.

We don't need to look like the Bengals with the future of their franchise running for his damn life on every snap of the ball until he eventually ends up on Injured Reserve. We need to prioritize and Josh Allen and his well being has got to be priority #1 for this franchise.

What he said!

So many people think o lineman grow on trees or franchise QB’s.  You get an excellent player, you keep him.  We benefited from cheap labor with D. Williams.  Now we hopefully get a somewhat discount with the cap, but you don’t cut him.  I may tick off some, but this isn’t Madden.  You have a vision for you’re team, and you follow it. I love John Brown when he was healthy, but if it’s a choice between Brown and Williams, I’m protecting my QB.  You can always draft a fast one trick pony WR, or you pick up one of the older guys for a year.

Im curious on Hodgins as he’s a tall possession WR, not speed, but he had so much positive affirmations before his injury.  I agree with Sal this morning, if it’s a question between Roberts, or McKenzie, it’s a no brainer.  Roberts may be a great returner, but McKenzie is far more versatile, younger and depth.  Last year I was a Roberts fan.  Now with a lower cap, McKenzie does more for us.

• Like (+1) 3

I am not a fan of creating holes. But... with all the concussions Morse has its scary.  That being said Dawkins, Feliciano and Morse healthy represents a strong left side for pass blocking. I still think we need RG.. I am not confident in Ford and there are enough plays to prove why from last year.

37 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Resign Williams, Feliciano, and Nsekhe.  We still have Bates, Boettger, Morse, and Dawkins in the fold.  Draft the best tackle on the board at #30 and grab a late round center to develop.  If the draftee can beat out Nsekhe, trade or release Nsekhe at the end of camp and he can be the new swing tackle, or if he is really a stud, make Williams expendable.

We don't need to look like the Bengals with the future of our franchise running for his damn life on every snap of the ball until he eventually ends up on Injured Reserve. We need to prioritize and Josh Allen and his well being has got to be priority #1 for this franchise.

I think the question is, is that line good enough to handle the Chiefs? While I completely agree that blowing up our O-line is a bad idea, do we need to make some tweaks for the next season on the starting line? I'm not confident that if we bring back the same line from last year, maybe even Ford included, we can hold up against them.

• Agree 1