Dolphins trade for OT Isaiah Wilson [Edit: now cut him]

• The guaranteed money was voided because of his behavior so the dolphins get 1.1million in cap space back this year.
  • The titans are still on the hook for his 7 million dollar signing bonus.

No training camp, and only 4 snaps all year and he made more money than most people in their life time.  He could retire if he manages his money correctly; and live like a normal person.

Although I bet he will be in jail within 2 years. or dead considering he's driving high without looking at the road in that video.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

He doesn’t sound smart enough to look back on anything, to use it to learn something...,

What was that line from caddy shack...? Ah yes,  “the world needs ditch diggers too...”

I like the one from The Departed, "World needs plenty of bartenders!"

• Haha (+1) 2

Some people just aren't built for success. Whether it be they can't let go of their old ways, or "friends", or habits, or their brains aren't built to manage a lot of money, seen it happen many times. 

Edited by H2o

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:
  • The guaranteed money was voided because of his behavior so the dolphins get 1.1million in cap space back this year.
  • The titans are still on the hook for his 7 million dollar signing bonus.

No training camp, and only 4 snaps all year and he made more money than most people in their life time.  He could retire if he manages his money correctly; and live like a normal person.

Although I bet he will be in jail within 2 years. or dead considering he's driving high without looking at the road in that video.

Didn’t know Titans voided his guarantees.  Jaguars did that with Fournette but he fought it.  I’ve never heard of a veterans guarantees being voided.  Must be something written into rookie contracts that make their guarantees easier to void.  

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

What's this about skipping "optional workouts he had committed to attend"?

Didn't think the teams could have workouts right now? 

Unless a traded player is allowed at his option to work out with the trainers to set up an off season program geared to his needs?

Being late to his physical and onboarding bad sign.  So long!

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Dolphins trade for OT Isaiah Wilson [Edit: now cut him]
2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

So all that work to get drafted and just quit. Wild. Hope he threw all his money into Bitcoin or gme

According to Overthecap, he took home $6.5M (out of the original $22.3M guaranteed)

I guess he thinks it will last forever.  Which, practically speaking, it could, but an educated guess is that's not the road he's heading down

• Like (+1) 1