Dolphins trade for OT Isaiah Wilson [Edit: now cut him]

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Wow. Crazy. He’s going to be out of the NFL completely very soon, if he’s not already.

Sad. One day he’s going to look back with an awful lot of regret.

He doesn’t sound smart enough to look back on anything, to use it to learn something...,

What was that line from caddy shack...? Ah yes,  “the world needs ditch diggers too...”

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

He doesn’t sound smart enough to look back on anything, to use it to learn something...,

What was that line from caddy shack...? Ah yes,  “the world needs ditch diggers too...”

Maybe. You could be right. I don’t know enough about him to say.

I do know that I did some really dumb **** I didn’t even think twice about when I was his age, but I would change it in a heartbeat looking back now.

anyway.... I just meant it’s sad to see someone throwing his life away, for whatever reason.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/10/2021 at 10:23 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not sure how anyone can criticize this. Dude is an idiot and one of the biggest busts ever but this is no risk. The Fins just to to him and saw we don’t give a crap where you were drafted. You are basically a 7th rounder. You don’t play well or do anything dumb, you are gone and will have the rest of your life to party because you will be done in the nfl.

love this type of moves provided the guy is not an abuser or killed someone. 

Sometimes it takes get traded for a bag of rocks to wake you up. 

The trade didn't work. Lol

On 3/10/2021 at 10:48 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

The guy will be out of football in 2 years.  He doesn't have it mentally.

How about 2 weeks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I cannot imagine being given this opportunity and blowing it so badly. I dreamt of playing in the NFL and took every chance to improve and be coached so seriously. I was not naturally gifted like him, so it drives me nuts to see talent wasted due to stupid decisions and a lack of effort and respect. The kid obviously needs help. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That’s a $5m dead cap hit for a team that only had $11m in cap space.  Awful trade.  

I disagree. We love this trade!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Maybe. You could be right. I don’t know enough about him to say.

I do know that I did some really dumb **** I didn’t even think twice about when I was his age, but I would change it in a heartbeat looking back now.

anyway.... I just meant it’s sad to see someone throwing his life away, for whatever reason.

That is the truth, opportunities on that scale don’t happen very often, I too have made a poor choice or two as a young adult, but never to the tune of millions of dollars especially after getting a second chance at said millions of dollars, sadly some of our fellow Americans never get it, as it were. Sounds a lot like to much alcohol and drugs over to long a period of time, it causes changes in the human brain, and not for the good. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

As a 1st rounder, his entire contract was guaranteed.  So if he somehow gets it together and gets another chance in the next 3 years, he’ll unbelievably make more money than he would’ve if he played out his  rookie contract the next 3 years 

Almost all of it was ("just" $1.09M of his 2023 salary).  And if he somehow gets signed by another team (doubtful), he'll be signed for the minimum and likely fail to make a roster. 

On 3/8/2021 at 6:56 PM, YoloinOhio said:

If they had an OT such as Sewell as their BPA before,  they should not change that because of Isaiah Wilson. 

Nor would they. Similar to a guy like Henderson in our past- you didn’t change your board in assuming he’d reach his potential but if he can contribute some viable snaps cheap it’s like found money at the bottom of your 53.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Has to be best friends with Marcell Dareus

Has to be....

Dareus was an all pro and got a huge contract. Not comparable in the slightest. 

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The trade didn't work. Lol

How about 2 weeks

Nope haha. But they swapped 7th rounders? I still don’t mind that gamble. Dude is an all time idiot though. 

• Agree 2