Cowboys and Dak reach deal

1 minute ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

126 mill is the highest ever guaranteed on any contract I believe. Dallas has gone crazy.

I like Dak I think they should have paid him sooner that is the mistake. He was ready to sign for $33m AAV two years ago. Lesson for Beane this summer - don't wait to pay your Quarterback. It NEVER gets cheaper, and Josh is another tier talent wise to Dak.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, H2o said:

That's crazy $$$ for a guy coming off of that type of injury, but hey it's Jerruh's checkbook. 

The injury might have helped his value in a perverse way. The Cowboys offense completely fell apart once he left. They won't be able to field a defense worth a dam now but hey that's the game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

If the aav is 40 million then what the hell was Dak asking for? These QB deals are absurd. I think this sets the market for Josh as he isn't taking a penny less.

So that is more than I had been led to believe they were close on. That deal looks like a Dak win all around. 

Josh will get more than Dak and the lesson for Beane from how the Cowboys screwed this up is waiting just costs more.

Just now, billsfan89 said:

The injury might have helped his value in a perverse way. The Cowboys offense completely fell apart once he left. They won't be able to field a defense worth a dam now but hey that's the game. 

They couldn't field a defense worth a damn last year for most of the year...

18 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

If the aav is 40 million then what the hell was Dak asking for? These QB deals are absurd. I think this sets the market for Josh as he isn't taking a penny less.

Looks like Dak wanted 4 years/$160M while Dallas wanted 5 years/$200M. 

Good for Dak to extort that contract from Jeruh. 

It is a completely irresponsible contract as it relates to the rest of the league.  The floor for average QB's is now 30 million a year, good QB's 40 per year and god knows what a TB or Montana could get if they were in their prime now.  Josh must be dancing right now!  Can't hate the player for getting what they get...

I get that QB is important.  Love watching Josh do his thing.  But to pay a single guy 1/5th of your salary cap?  WTF.  126 MILLION guaranteed??  Talk about paralyzing your team.

BTW Jeruh.  Dak isn't taking you anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I don't think you can win with Dak occupying 40 million on your cap. He is however much better than I though he was. They plugged in Dalton who was a good backup option and that team became rather bad on offense rather quickly. Dak got what he wanted and the Cowboys get to see if he can be their answer longer term. 

That is because Dallass OL went to pot from being strength of team to weakness and Dak can scramble a lot better than Dalton.

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This is great news for Baker Mayfield, he will easily get 20 million per season now

Please Cleveland isn't that smart, he'll get his $43 million per season and they'll trade Beckham and let Chubb walk in a few years and then wonder where their offense went.