Kim Pegula: "2020 set 'the floor' for the Bills, 'the bar is much higher' in 2021"

Logic

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Kim is just stating what everybody knows. Expectations for the Bills will be extremely high with the fanbase and media. I think Beane, McDermott, the team will meet that challenge. This team is setup to compete for and win a Super Bowl this upcoming season. The pressure is really on Beane to have a good FA period and draft. I believe FA starts next week on the 17th if I am not mistaken.

Sorry brother but no.  There are a few holes to address and injuries can happen at anytime. Nah after watching the KC game I would say there are a few holes to fill and a hope and pray attitude that no one goes down for an extended amount of time.

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Sorry brother but no.  There are a few holes to address and injuries can happen at anytime. Nah after watching the KC game I would say there are a few holes to fill and a hope and pray attitude that no one goes down for an extended amount of time.

13-3 says they are right there. Yes they have some holes to address. Every team has that though. Hopefully Beane can have a strong offseason (FA/Draft) to shore up those weaknesses. As far as injuries go that applies to every team so its no use worrying about that.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It was a good decision IMO and I still see this attitude on this board that it is okay to bash women working for Bills on this board.

I’m not a member of the Kim Pegula has no valid reason to be president/ owner of the team club,  Quite contrary, I like that she calls the shots, it’s good for society in general, additionally because it causes such distress for a certain segment of the fan base, 😁👍

What I saw was that the team went downhill real fast after that altercation. So from a team success viewpoint someone made bad decisions...

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I’m not a member of the Kim Pegula has no valid reason to be president/ owner of the team. Quite contrary, I like that she calls the shots, it’s good for society in general, additionally because it causes such distress for a certain segment of the fan base, 😁👍

What I saw was that the team went downhill real fast after that altercation. So from a team success viewpoint someone made bad decisions...

Yes Bill Polian.  He made bad decision to get out of bed.  

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This is an awesome statement from an owner!  Getting to the AFCCG is the floor.  This is what you need from a CEO/leader, a clear mission statement setting the goals for the organeyezayshun.  You go, Kim Pegula!

I see you have absolutely no interest in, or knowledge about, the Buffalo Sabres.

😂

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

I’m not a member of the Kim Pegula has no valid reason to be president/ owner of the team club,  Quite contrary, I like that she calls the shots, it’s good for society in general, additionally because it causes such distress for a certain segment of the fan base, 😁👍

Considering the success of the Bills under her, there is no one who should be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Considering the success of the Bills under her, there is no one who should be.

Nothing against the owners (Terry and Kim) but the success of the Bills is 100% Beane & McDermott along with the coaches/players. Owners just need to hire the right people to run the show, sign the checks, then STFU and GTFO. Do you think Robert Kraft is the reason the Pats had a dynasty these past 20 years? His sitting in his luxury box wearing top of the line suits was key to the Pats winning Super Bowls.

I’ve got no problem with ownership setting expectations.  That’s not exactly how I’d have done it, but l think that setting high expectations for your team can be helpful.  I remember when the Rooney’s did that for the Steelers.  The comment was something like “It’s been way too long since we’ve won a (or have been in the) Super Bowl.”  I thought it was a bit arrogant at the time, but they freaking won it that season.  I adjusted my opinion on the matter accordingly. 

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Nothing against the owners (Terry and Kim) but the success of the Bills is 100% Beane & McDermott along with the coaches/players. Owners just need to hire the right people to run the show, sign the checks, then STFU and GTFO. Do you think Robert Kraft is the reason the Pats had a dynasty these past 20 years? His sitting in his luxury box wearing top of the line suits was key to the Pats winning Super Bowls.

I've seen many people blame them for not hiring the right people.  So when they do...they still get no credit?  Please.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I've seen many people blame them for not hiring the right people.  So when they do...they still get no credit?  Please.

They get credit for hiring Beane and McDermott but they aren't reason the Bills have made the playoffs in three of the last four years. Beane and McDermott are calling the shots. I give credit to the Pegula's for finding the right people for the Bills and then letting them do their jobs. They need to find the hockey version of Beane and McDermott and do the same thing for the Sabres.

• Agree 1

On 3/8/2021 at 2:14 PM, Greg S said:

13-3 says they are right there. Yes they have some holes to address. Every team has that though. Hopefully Beane can have a strong offseason (FA/Draft) to shore up those weaknesses. As far as injuries go that applies to every team so its no use worrying about that.

Hope springs eternal......