Bills ticket prices going up...

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-to-increase-season-ticket-prices-an-average-of-8-per-game-in-2021/article_9798977a-7f6a-11eb-8a25-03960e6ab98f.html

For those with no BN access...

The breakdown of the per-game increase:

• 25% of seats will increase $13 to $19;

• 46% of seats will increase $6 to $12;

• 29% of seats will increase $5 or less.

Edited by BTB
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

$13 to $19 implies ticket cost was $13 and while Bills tickets are some of the best bargains they have not been that low in a long time.

I did not read it that way.

if your ticket cost $75 in 2020 then it will be between $88 and $94 in 2021.

Also related... https://www.radio.com/wben/local-sports/bills/bills-planning-for-full-capacity-at-stadium-this-fall?fbclid=IwAR0HNfh0g4vo0hybAjZcn89iilz1lhBD2R2CV6OF-n6FOxKUewaghd5cGzE

Not sure if it warrants its own thread, but very good news.  Pretty much a “duh” with the numbers trending the way they are, but at least it’s there on paper now.

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

Cost of winning and also with last year's losses it was bound to happen. Though if they keep winning I could see it continue to go up.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

No surprise given the season they just had. 

The prices go up during losing seasons too. Last flat year in the past two decades was 2012, and that's an anomaly in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, QCity said:

The prices go up during losing seasons too. Last flat year in the past two decades was 2012, and that's an anomaly in the NFL.

I mentioned this before but even though I am a Bills fan I have seasons to the Jets. The Jets haven't raised the prices of their tickets for three years now. Given the product they put on the field they probably should lower the price :)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

No surprise given the season they just had. The Pegula's know the demand for season/individual tickets will be insane as the Bills future is extremely bright.

Does this mean that the Pegula's are now going to cut Sabres tickets down to a buck a piece, lol?😁

Just now, Bulldog said:

Does this mean that the Pegula's are now going to cut Sabres tickets down to a buck a piece, lol?😁

They probably won't raise them. I wouldn't even know where to begin to fix the Sabres. Obviously they need an experienced hockey man with a history of winning to run the entire hockey ops. Who that would be I have no idea. Finding that person is the biggest challenge for the Pegula's. We have seen what having the right people run the Bills has accomplished.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They probably won't raise them. I wouldn't even know where to begin to fix the Sabres. Obviously they need an experienced hockey man with a history of winning to run the entire hockey ops. Who that would be I have no idea. Finding that person is the biggest challenge for the Pegula's. We have seen what having the right people run the Bills has accomplished.

Actually they eschewed the advice of the league.....which was to hire a football czar like Bill Polian..........hired Rex then cut bait.......and then hired a guy with zero experience as a HC at any level and a grass-green personnel man as GM.    Beane had only been assisting in the Carolina personnel department for 2 seasons.

But I know what you are saying.........the Sabres are such a mess that clarity on how to fix it is difficult to find.

11 minutes ago, Greg S said:

You are absolutely correct Greg. There is a lot of chatter out there about the Pegula's "management" of the Sabres. The difference between the Sabres & the Bill's is simply that the Pegula's made good hiring decisions with the Bill's & not so good decisions (to be kind) with the Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Actually they eschewed the advice of the league.....which was to hire a football czar like Bill Polian..........hired Rex then cut bait.......and then hired a guy with zero experience as a HC at any level and a grass-green personnel man as GM.    Beane had only been assisting in the Carolina personnel department for 2 seasons.

But I know what you are saying.........the Sabres are such a mess that clarity on how to fix it is difficult to find.

Not to turn this into a Sabres thread, but I follow them in only the most peripheral of ways and am wondering what the hell is going on. Bear in mind that I know very little (I followed them closely as a kid, but that was a very, very long time ago). In a nutshell, what is wrong with them? Don't they have a ton of elite-level draft picks? Isn't that guy Dahlin supposed to be a transcendental talent? More broadly, isn't it nearly impossible mathematically to fail to make the playoffs for ten years straight in the NHL? What gives?

31 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Not to turn this into a Sabres thread, but I follow them in only the most peripheral of ways and am wondering what the hell is going on. Bear in mind that I know very little (I followed them closely as a kid, but that was a very, very long time ago). In a nutshell, what is wrong with them? Don't they have a ton of elite-level draft picks? Isn't that guy Dahlin supposed to be a transcendental talent? More broadly, isn't it nearly impossible mathematically to fail to make the playoffs for ten years straight in the NHL? What gives?

The simplest answer is leadership deficiency on all levels.

Poor stewardship from the owners.

A like-able coach whose plan really doesn't fit the personnel or translate to the ice.   Something like Rex trying to force his D on Schwartz personnel.

A lack of leadership on the ice.    The effort early in the season was not complete enough to execute the system on either end..........now it's just woeful.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

they picked a soccer coach as the Sabres’ head coach, and someone with no GM experience to be their new GM.

• Like (+1) 1